Educational

Author Topic: Brainteaser: The Truthteller and the Togglers  (Read 7212 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: Brainteaser: The Truthteller and the Togglers
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:41 PM »

eris

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2011, 12:57:51 PM »
This thread gave me a headache.

Scrapheap

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2011, 12:25:28 PM »
This reminds me of a similar brain teaser.

You die and you're standing between the gates of heaven and hell. The gates are identical and they are guarded by identical looking angels. One angel is a good angel who only tells the truth, the other is a bad angel who only tells lies.

In order to get to heaven, you're only allowed to ask one question to one angel. What question do you ask to guarantee that you make it into heaven??

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
This reminds me of a similar brain teaser.

You die and you're standing between the gates of heaven and hell. The gates are identical and they are guarded by identical looking angels. One angel is a good angel who only tells the truth, the other is a bad angel who only tells lies.

In order to get to heaven, you're only allowed to ask one question to one angel. What question do you ask to guarantee that you make it into heaven??

Ask either angel, "What door would the other angel tell me was Heaven's door?"  Then take the other door than the one indicated.  If you ask the bad angel what door the good angel will point to, he will point to Hell's door.  If you ask the good angel which door the bad angel would point to, he will point to Hell's door.