Educational

Author Topic: How well did you sleep last night?  (Read 34244 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: How well did you sleep last night?
« Reply #450 on: September 09, 2012, 11:35:11 PM »
Not enough but really well when compared to the night before.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Kaelyrhn

• The Tesseract Exception of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #451 on: September 10, 2012, 01:27:12 AM »
I barely slept last night... So disrupted.
I often post on my phone. Expect typos & errors.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #452 on: September 10, 2012, 11:50:48 AM »
Crap, and not nearly enough

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #453 on: September 10, 2012, 12:59:17 PM »
Albeit it being quite short (went in late/woke up early).. I think I slept okay. Took a little nap though this afternoon.  :smarty:
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Kaelyrhn

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #454 on: September 10, 2012, 07:48:09 PM »
Not sure...I was asleep at the time.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #455 on: September 10, 2012, 08:18:43 PM »
Took a few hours earlier and slept well, but having fallen asleep in a sitting position, in my computer chair. So I woke from my nap/OC+chlormethiazole&clonidine nod with my arse feeling like it had been run through a blender full of rusty nails  and battery acid.

And my hip...christ. It was fucking bellowing in rage at me afterwards for being treated like that, usually its only howling miserably, or if I am lucky, and the pharmacies all serve some J.Collis.Browne's mixture to top off my script (over the counter morphine, not massively strong, but a respectable 20mg per little bottle), or if as I almost always do, buy micron filters so I can safely inject my oxycontin pills  then it might, just might shut the flying fuck up for a few hours.

Still sore though now, after the 40mg by mouth a soon as I scored from the pharmacy, plus 80mg I had hours earlier, and a further 40 on waking up with my arse wishing it was somebody else's (hey, DFG, miss K? burned one? any chance of borrowing one? :D)

*polishes halo*

Having been without my chlormethiazole                                                                                                                                                                                                           rx for 3-4 days, my tolerance against expectations actually dropped quicker than I would ever have a GABA agonist would without my having...prompted...them, neuropharmacologically speaking.

Almost any sleep aids, of the kind that work on the GABA system, require quite a while to reset the downregulation of endogenous inhibitory tone back to pre-medication levels.
Sometimes this can result in PAWS, short for post-acute withdrawal syndrome, where a patient, alcoholic, benzo addict etc. I'm neither, mind 'ye, what happens though, is in response to either benzos (which bind to a seperate allosteric site on the benzodiazepine-sensitive populations of GABAa, stabilizing a conformation that results in the binding of GABA with increased affinity, even if plastic changes mean there is less actual neurotransmitter to go around...and of course there are the GABAb, GABAc receptors that need their helping too.

The body can compensate for additional stimulation by reducing GABA release, and gets used to doing so, although it essentially forgets that 'hey, this walks like homeostasis, talks like homeostasis, smells like it from a distance. But it is nothing of the kind'.

PAWS results from the failure to restore proper inhibitory tone and may last years, and sounds vicious.

W/D from Chlormethiazole, like the barbs is worse, an allosteric positive modulator still,  isssuss  but rather than just making GABA more effective, barb binding site (the same site that docks the antagonist picrotoxin, a nasty inverse agonist convulsant panicogen)

Barbs act on the same reeptor, although thrrough different populations and subtypes (there are a a veritable stack of them, which colocalize in heteropentamers, they have the ability to gate the chloride ion channel directly, which sits in the center of the aforesaid  receptors, to open and pass an inhibitory current of chlorine, reducing neuronal excitability.

The body has no effective way of saying 'hey fuck you,  this is more than I can take'

And ends up going from 'gag', 'puke', 'die'->'collect halo'                                                                               

(credit where it is due,, that quote comes from kassiane/rettdevil, the autie activist, generally funny fucker, and, dare I say it, drop-dead yummy looking lady:))

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #456 on: September 10, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
Not as well as I should have because of a domestic upset right before bedtime (forgot to do the dishes earlier).  This upset my new schedule which is also upset tonight because I need to put a load of laundry to dry.  Spent too much time doing jigsaw puzzles on the net.  Will take the nighties and do a Pepys.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #457 on: September 10, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »
Not enough but otherwise well.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #458 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:18 PM »
A lot better than the night before last, probably because I took Phenergan to help. I also took my dexamphetamine doses earlier than I usually do so it would have definitely worn off by the time I got to bed.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #459 on: September 10, 2012, 11:10:39 PM »
Promethazine should help lessen the effects of the whizz , being a weak member of the phenothiazine dopamine antagonists.

Doesn't help me sleep, aggravates my myoclonus too much, not to mention restless legs and akathisia at anything more than a low dose. I can take a little though, up to 50mg is generally ok, I use it for nausea at times.

And of course, there is no better treatment for RLS than opioids. A quick poke in the arm and a good healthy serving of OC and it just disappears. Chelated magnesium, or dextromethorphan at a dose a bit higher than taken for a cough, but below that which would prove a dissociative helps.

Although so do the dissociative anaesthetics. For some reason a lot of people say methoxetamine  keeps them awake, I find IV MXE really relaxing, and end up drifting off to sleep, and always wake up refreshed after . And there is a long lasting afterglow that stays for several days, during which my RLS disappears and I'm really...not sure what the word is, but bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to take on all that needs doing.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #460 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
Crap.  I am having a problem with cattle-sized raccoons roaming my yard and eating all the cat food, tipping over garbage cans, and generally tearing up my shit.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #461 on: September 25, 2012, 04:21:09 AM »
Slept well. A lot better than the night before. Pooh, that was a lousy night.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Kaelyrhn

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #462 on: September 25, 2012, 05:18:41 AM »
I don't think I did... :dunno:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #463 on: September 25, 2012, 09:15:36 AM »
I spent my whole night dreaming about correcting legal citation.  It wasn't restful.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #464 on: September 25, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »
tossed and turned until 4am. Blech.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty