Educational

Author Topic: How well did you sleep last night?  (Read 32071 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: How well did you sleep last night?
« Reply #1050 on: June 04, 2018, 03:29:59 PM »
dreamed a lot, cant remember them though
Welcome back. How do you know you dreamed a lot if you can't remember them?

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1051 on: June 04, 2018, 08:03:15 PM »
Slept from just past 8am to nearly 24:00 hours. Brief wakeup to watch star trek and down some cold beer, top up pain meds. Those sleeping pills were a godsend. I get them repeated every week for some reason, although I know to use them sparingly to not develop a tolerance or physical dependence, but for some days, there is nothing for it, and today, was one of those days.

Dropped a pair of 5mg moggies, plus about 6 chlormethiazole capsules after a hefty IM dose of morphine, near a half gram (I have...insurance...so was free to use a high dose of that level, a couple of 420mg shots, dealt with that sleep debt alright...didn't expect to sleep in THAT long though. All day, bar star trek coming on TV.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1052 on: June 05, 2018, 03:18:39 AM »
slept very good

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1053 on: June 05, 2018, 11:47:27 AM »
Didn't sleep at all, spent all night really searing overheated. Had the back bay windows open but still, was absolutely cooking, felt like  a baby in a microwave it was that awfully over-hot.

Although assisted by two crates of cold, cold beer, managed to find some of my adrenolytic medication, and a big carrier bag fulls of cans of black grape soda. ONLY got a few hours shallow  and not too restorative cat-napping yesterday during last sunday, but got my med refills, and to boot, the methadone someone offered me, and an 8th oz of gear too, because I knew someone who knew the particular lot and could be certain there was no fentanyl contamination. Actually its been really quite good brown, nice taste to it too. And unlike the morphine-oxy pain medication pair I am scripted was had early in the morning, and even after sleeping nearly 24 hours straight on monday, the brown, smoked is much more controllable for a lighter, more ideal effect. Just found a length of a spliff behind the kettle, so I think today, like yesterday, I shall sleep very much better, and in a  properly restorative way. Feeling just right, right now med wise, everything keeping me in perfectly balanced out state, no pain in the joints, at least if there is its not bothering me, there is a slightly heavy feeling to my bad knee but its not burning, throbbing, stinging and partially anaesthetized down the side of my leg, as usually happens from my neuropathic pain, most opioids aren't good at treating pain due to nerve damage, but methadone has a special trick up its sleeve-its a weakish NMDA antagonist, not strong enough to be dissociative in a K-hole type of way, but enough to counter pain due to neuropathy.

Its been a while since I can even remember being pain free. The lack of complete crosstolerance between brown and morphine, and likely oxy too, given at least with morphine, there are differently post-translationally modified genetic splice variants of the hMOR1 (human Mu-opioid receptor type 1) between H and morphine, and I'd guess oxy too; its refreshing. I'll be saving some of this hidden away from the house and for special occasions. Like long hikes to go do my mushroom-foraging, gather medicinal plants, herbs, barks, roots etc. and this would be just the thing. Sparingly, I'm not going to pig out on it. (the H, which was really quality stuff too, an 8th of it at that.

Wow...if I didn't know better than to do something that would cause trouble, could get really use to this not having my joints all hurt. This, on this particular day, is just what I needed to sooth my nerves after last night. Nicely sorted out now. All those aches and pains and nervous overloading has been pushed nicely out of the way. Up to watch star trek, TOS and TNG, then watching andromeda. After just having scooped myself up a BIG plateful of cottage pie, and immediately set to shoveling every last scrap down my neck in all of a minute flat, despite just having scarfed a pack of kraft cheese slices and a few extra slices  down.  A quick top up on the tooting pipe, at the few nuggets of H in the end of the pipe I used that hadn't even been warmed last time, and gave me a real nice top up, and then, feet  up, on the sofa, relaxing while I watch TOS and drink nice cold coke straight from the fridge.

Tonight, I just know I am going to sleep something lovely.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1054 on: June 07, 2018, 11:30:10 PM »
Had cat interruptions, they wanted to be fed and let out very early.

Got up at 8am to go walking with a few people.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #1055 on: June 08, 2018, 08:56:36 AM »
Pretty good.

I had a Zombie dream. If you were standing on carpet you would be invisible or they couldn't touch you, but as soon as you stepped off the carpet a weird magnetism would draw them to you and you'd have to kill them before they touched you. As soon as they would touch you you'd become a Zombie. But, as they increased their numbers, they began ripping out carpet, destroying it, so your island of carpeted places would shrink. I eventually ran into a university (occupied and attended by all zombies) and stumbled into a carpeted library/study hall.... I found one other non-zombie human there, and i had my pocket knife out, ready to slash any surprises. We knew they'd be destroying the carpet soon so we had to devise how to get out of town... but remember, as soon as we would step off carpet the magnetism would draw them to us. I decided to risk it and saw a minivan (carpeted) that I highjacked. Keys were in the ignition, and it had state of the art transmission, was a hybrid, and had a full tank of gas. :]

I swung around to pick up the girl but i couldnt find her, and the zombie police started coming after me in their cruisers. dang. i had to flee, drove off, but it was snowing and icey. luckily there werent too many cars on the road, but zombies are terrible drivers.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1056 on: June 08, 2018, 09:54:53 AM »
Had cat interruptions, they wanted to be fed and let out very early.

Got up at 8am to go walking with a few people.

The PR is now letting Martha in and going outside to pick her up from The PR's window when Martha wants back in.  My sleep has improved.  Hers has tanked.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1057 on: June 09, 2018, 06:17:50 AM »
For some reason, I need a lot of sleep. I go to bed around 9ish, get up at 7:30am to feed the cats and let them out and back in, then go back to bed and sleep until after 10am if I can (no appointments or whatever). That's over 12 hours of sleep a night.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #1058 on: June 09, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
I need a lot of sleep too. More than 9 hours most nights.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1059 on: June 09, 2018, 11:53:48 AM »
Well, fine I guess.  Went to bed at 5:30 a.m. and woke up at 11:45 a.m.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #1060 on: June 09, 2018, 09:52:31 PM »
Not at all. Up all night dealing with gut issues.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1061 on: June 10, 2018, 02:09:17 AM »
Quite well. Dreamt I was skyping with the pope.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1062 on: June 10, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
Haven't slept much. Knackered.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1063 on: June 15, 2018, 12:50:23 AM »
Not at all.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1064 on: June 15, 2018, 01:24:33 AM »
Just doubled down on the sleep medication. Really need to get a couple of hours or I won’t be able to work.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me