Author Topic: How well did you sleep last night?  (Read 32075 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: How well did you sleep last night?
« Reply #1020 on: August 27, 2017, 04:38:14 AM »
Horribly. Well the hours of sleep I did have were ok. But the mother gap between 3 and 6 did made I had not enough.

Poor bovine. :hug:  I hope tonight will be better.

I slept normally for me, which means I woke up about 5 times during the night.  :P

Thank you.

I did sleep a lot better. I do wake a few times every night, but it's in my rhythm that I wake then. Yesterday I got woken while deep asleep. Usually I wake,I lie awake for a while doing nothing and then go back to sleep. Unless it is too late to get a fair bit of sleep, then I'll either just lie down for a bit, or I get up. Because getting woken in the middle of deeply sleeping is too hard for my liking.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1021 on: August 27, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »
Very little since I had an early flight to catch. Tried to sleep on the plane but managed only a couple of minutes at a time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1022 on: August 29, 2017, 01:25:24 PM »
I didn't. I was in absolute howling agony, with stomach pain, and to the extent that I was vomiting bile every few minutes. Rolling over (although horrendously painful) gave relief, from the change of position for minutes, but only minutes. Tried to get up, several times and collapsed. Thought at first, early in the morning that I'd knocked myself out. Old man told me I hadn't, just got up, and ended up flat on my arse.

To make it twice worse, couldn't hold down an antiemetic pill (or variety of them), and couldn't go for water all night to make up a solution and in extremis, stick it where the sun don''t shine. So painful...god it felt like I'd been stabbed or shot in the stomach.

And thricefold worse, bank holiday today, and it took several hours longer than usual to be able to get my med refills. Ended up digging up some adrenal blocking agents from down the back of the sofa, liquidizing them after crushing the pills with pliers, and sticking them up the tradesman's entrance, since I couldn't swallow. Tried, and the pills came up within 2-3 seconds. Used fresh ones in solution to make my blood pressure bottom out so low it knocked me out stone cold, and stayed lying down, unconscious on the sofa until the time had elapsed, whilst my old man had gone to pick up my meds. Fucking relief that was, even though I did have to brazenly snort a load of oxy and have my old man bring me water, and a syringe, and again, openly slam an entire week worth of 10mg (couldn't find my high dose ones and use less) morphine capsules, filtered of course, into a muscle. Was too shaky and fucked over to find a vein, just had to fill it and stab myself as if with a dagger. Not comfortable, I hate IM shots of anything, they are painful, and take time to deliver especially with a 5ml volume of H2O.  Slow, painful, but afterwards, oh, my, fucking, god damn.

On antibiotics, since I think it is due to an infection, very likely so. But the pain meds helped so much, especially after due to the bank holiday causing delay in the opening of the pharmacy, the agony just faded away to be replaced by a lovely warm glow, especially since I'd made it a really pretty  strong shot , about maybe 20x the beginning injected dose for morphine alone for somebody nontolerant to opiates entirely. Maybe more. That was SUCH a relief. Literally, like being rained on from heaven itself by god's own personal supply of his own personally grown, harvested and processed opium poppies, taken by his personal honor guard of archangels to the personal lab of christ himself with uriel, michael, raphael et al. PERSONALLY performing the perfect propionyl esterification and delivered in person on a gold platter.

Wow...the way that turned round the night...from in the foetal position, stomach so fucked up to being able to breathe again, that was some relief. And being IM'ed my body hadn't the ability to reject it, nor for it to dispose of the oxy up the nose. Just..fucking golden. 2 minutes later, about as long as it took to be absorbed a fair bit, the pain just vanished, could keep down my antibiotics, and even eat a few nutri-grain bars and downed first a cup full, then another, then finally a liter jug full of elderflower cordial.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1023 on: August 29, 2017, 01:47:26 PM »
Didn't sleep.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1024 on: August 29, 2017, 02:17:13 PM »
^

Not completely true. Did get 20 minutes or so.

And a few broken hours after 7am, so that was past the night.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1025 on: August 29, 2017, 03:41:58 PM »
Not well. Stupid bad dreams and then my bed fell apart as I was getting into it after going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1026 on: August 29, 2017, 04:46:26 PM »
Took me ages to get any rest at all, not until after picking up my anti-nausea/vomiting meds, a lot of strong painkillers required along with heavy-duty adrenal blockade and sedation before I could even go to the bog, despite being desparate to the point of it hurting.  I tried, and next thing I know my old man was there standing over me, telling me 'no, you collapsed' after I asked 'how long was I out.'

Finally managed to get to the bog though and have a piss this morning. Still. Bleehhrgh what a fucking day. Pain, desparate for the bog, and at the same time dehydrated as fuck due to the whole foetal position bile-vomiting thing last night-this morning.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1027 on: August 30, 2017, 10:12:02 PM »
^You seem to get sick to the stomach quite often, Lestat. More often than I do, last time was 2008.

Slept fine apart from having to get up at 6:30am to feed the cats and let them out.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1028 on: August 31, 2017, 12:00:42 AM »
Yeah its been bad, really bad. I had to go to a hospital to get put under general anaesthesia and an endoscopy done (a camera into the stomach). At the time, I was afraid that cancer could be a possibility at worst. No specific reason to suspect it, just the severity of the problems. I have issues with eating now, not physically much, its rather, that I no longer can feel hunger, except when it gets to a truly ravening extent. I often go for days without eating because I just can't feel that I should eat. And trying to eat can become truly disgusting, like trying to stuff your mouth with paper and dry sawdust.

I didn't get told they'd found anything though although I've been meaning to at my next dr appt, go and check to follow up myself. This is a list of the meds I'm on JUST for my stomach:

Cimetidine (originally on ranitidine, both are histamine receptor antagonists of the gastric type receptor, cimetidine also helps, via some liver enzyme inhibition effects to prolong and intensify the action of the morphine and oxycodone I take for my joint pain and bursitis, since it blocks metabolic degradation of the drug)

Buscopan (hyoscine/scopolamine [same drug, two different names, hyoscine is the more modern name] as the butylbromide quaternary ammonium salt, so it cannot pass the blood-brain barrier to cause negative effects from the antimuscarinic properties it has, such as memory impairment/confusion].

Transdermal hyoscine/scopolamine patches, little round disks that stick to the skin and slowly release a centrally penetrant version, only in lower doses, the pills are 10mg each whilst the patches contain about 1.5mg total, delivered over a day or maybe a bit longer)

Ondansetron, serotonin 5HT3 receptor antagonist, extremely powerful antinauseant/antiemetic, usually reserved only for cancer patients, and for the ones who are taking really sickening chemo meds like platinum-based chemo, mustard gas derivatives (not joking, they use mustard 'gas' in chemo, specifically the nitrogen mustards, various medical derivatives, and one of the actual battlefield agents, IIRC HN1 type nitrogen mustard) and other really gut-busting chemo drugs. Its EXTREMELY expensive, £100 to the NHS for about 10 pills, maybe more, so was difficult to get a script for it, but the stomach problems have landed me in hospital before, twice, maybe three times now over the past year or year and a bit) and finally managed to badger my doctor, a sympathetic one, enough to get a prescription, for 2 pills anything up to 4x a day of ondansetron. It takes a little time to work, and if in an emergency, it needs liquidizing if its not possible to swallow, and using a measuring syringe, squirting where the sun never shines, or wouldn't, if it didn't shine outa my ass because I'm such an inherently awesome autie example of true and absolute perfection :P:autism::P

Cyclizine, a sedating older antihistamine thats also an extremely effective antiemetic. Fast acting, especially if delivered the unpleasant way, that works so quickly it can literally reverse mid-puke sometimes, and either allow me to swallow other meds, or at least stop me being stuck in the foetal position, sweating bullets, pale, shaky and in pain; vomiting bile and blood-streaked foamy crap.

And gaviscon. Lots, and lots, and lots of gaviscon. I've got something like 30 bottles or something crazy like that here in the house, the big dispensary-sized versions too. Cost about £8-something over the counter, but I get them free on rx. The big, amber glass bottles are useful too for storing all manner of chemical things when they are empty, washed clean, and then rinsed out with a little methanol or isopropyl alcohol to dry them and if needs be (such as for culture media) sterilize them.

Thats all the anti-sickness/stomach meds I can think of, unless you count movicol, a shit-softener, but thats different really, because I take pain meds those can easily cause constipation with chronic use, the movicol is just a bio-safe lubricant polymer based suspension to be added to water and swallowed that prevents that happening and stops me having to drop something that feels like giving birth to a rabid racoon with its fur braided with rusty razorblades and a tail lined with shark teeth:P

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1029 on: September 01, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »
I have taken Buscopan a few times due to IBS cramping. Nothing really happened. So I'm not on any regular meds for that.

I do hope you ask the doctor what the results were because going through an endoscopy for nothing is no good!

Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1030 on: September 01, 2017, 07:59:53 AM »
Not well. Stupid bad dreams and then my bed fell apart as I was getting into it after going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

That must have been the night of the breaking furniture.

I woke that night because kid could not sleep and sat at her deks for a while, till her chair broke with a BANG!

I rather have an alarm clock waking me.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1031 on: September 01, 2017, 02:27:15 PM »
Not very good
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1032 on: September 01, 2017, 03:04:11 PM »
Not well at all. Was up for 3.5 hours with a pup who was crying and miserable and didn't want to be alone and had an upset stomach from the stress of the hospital. If I sleep with her, she settles. She's like an additional kid, feeling sick and wanting Mum. She's sweet even when she feels poorly.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1033 on: September 02, 2017, 04:48:26 AM »
Better than I have in a while.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1034 on: April 30, 2018, 08:46:25 PM »
Got up at 12am to see why Kira was making a lot of noise. He knocked an empty water bottle from the bench to the floor. Went back to bed and he decided it was play time on my bed. It's kind of annoying but amusing at the same time. I slept until 8 am.
Tek'ma'tae