Educational

Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6234 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 09:57:02 PM »
I don't do "callouts" it's not my way (I have never even read any of them - they give me the creeps, I hate things like that) and I am not part of your community, nor do I ever seek to be, so I don't have to, do I?

That is non-negotiable, and there isn't much you can do about it.

(And I am only posting this here at all to teach anybody who actually opened a book with crippling odds based on the assumption that I would not reply at all a VERY serious lesson about making assumptions and taking bets on them ;) )

Actually I said what I said in order to bait you into this thread, and you came. Problem? :trollface:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 08:21:44 AM »
All that happened is that Odeon asked me if I still ignore him, and I told him that I do (I only saw his question because I had no idea how to set "ignore" on this new format).

Then he asked me, as he is perfectly entitled to do, why?

I gave him a vague answer, and he asked, again, as he is entitled to do, for specifics.

I answered him truthfully, as I am entitled to do.

He did not like my answer, as he is entitled to do, he responded by trying to find a way to force me to change my answer, which is about the way I feel, which he is not entitled to do, and, in so doing, not only confirmed my reasons for ignoring him,  opened a whole can of worms about other things I do not feel comfortable with here that I would have preferred not to have mentioned.

Look back at my posting history...I have been a member quite some time, but I hardly ever post here, and when I do, I do not stay for long. The reason is very simple, I don't feel comfortable here, and my way of seeing life, and the world is very different to the way you want and choose to collectively see those things here.

The way I feel about Odeon will not change unless he does, the way I feel about the dynamic here will not change unless the dynamic does..and all the nastiness in the world will not make any difference to that...and I cannot honestly see why any of you thought it might.

I do not feel that entitles me to demand that you...plural, all of you, change your collective or individual mentalities to suit me better, that is why I never mentioned any of it before, but equally that does not entitled any or all of you to try and bludgeon me into pretending to change who I really am, and how I really feel to agree with you either.

There is a far better, fairer, answer which is that I stay away all the time, rather than just most of it. That is actually what I want to do, and from what people have said here, seems to be what those posting want too.

So, I am asking that this account be deleted (I have been trying to work out how to do this myself but it doesn't seem possible). I won't be back, I assume you will all find something more interesting to talk about eventually?

Goodbye

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 08:27:07 AM »
uh huh. And you're not reading this callout either. Or responding to it. Or participating on the forum . Or caring what people say. Or ignoring Odeon. Or LEAVING

Yes, that's how I read it too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 08:32:46 AM »
All that happened is that Odeon asked me if I still ignore him, and I told him that I do (I only saw his question because I had no idea how to set "ignore" on this new format).

Then he asked me, as he is perfectly entitled to do, why?

I gave him a vague answer, and he asked, again, as he is entitled to do, for specifics.

I answered him truthfully, as I am entitled to do.

Can I post your PM and let the others decide if you actually answered anything?

He did not like my answer, as he is entitled to do, he responded by trying to find a way to force me to change my answer, which is about the way I feel, which he is not entitled to do, and, in so doing, not only confirmed my reasons for ignoring him,  opened a whole can of worms about other things I do not feel comfortable with here that I would have preferred not to have mentioned.

Do try to stick to the truth. When I replied in PM, you replied to it, saying that you didn't read any of it.

Look back at my posting history...I have been a member quite some time, but I hardly ever post here, and when I do, I do not stay for long. The reason is very simple, I don't feel comfortable here, and my way of seeing life, and the world is very different to the way you want and choose to collectively see those things here.

Yet here you are.

The way I feel about Odeon will not change unless he does, the way I feel about the dynamic here will not change unless the dynamic does..and all the nastiness in the world will not make any difference to that...and I cannot honestly see why any of you thought it might.

Let's see... you won't say why you think I'm a negative, harmful, etc, but unless I change, you won't change your opinion of me.

This makes about as much sense as your previous posting stating that you aren't here, you aren't posting in the callout, you aren't...

I do not feel that entitles me to demand that you...plural, all of you, change your collective or individual mentalities to suit me better, that is why I never mentioned any of it before, but equally that does not entitled any or all of you to try and bludgeon me into pretending to change who I really am, and how I really feel to agree with you either.

There is a far better, fairer, answer which is that I stay away all the time, rather than just most of it. That is actually what I want to do, and from what people have said here, seems to be what those posting want too.

So, I am asking that this account be deleted (I have been trying to work out how to do this myself but it doesn't seem possible). I won't be back, I assume you will all find something more interesting to talk about eventually?

Goodbye

Sure?

I'll gladly delete your account in a week's time (because those are the rules), but I think we all know that you will be back.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 08:34:52 AM »
Very simple way to resolve this conclusively. Delete this account, as I have requested, and see if I ever come back. Or are you too afraid of the truth? That I really will never come back.

(Just a friendly hint, basing the assumption that people "like you really" on their monitoring of your maligning and baiting of them is not usually a very accurate guide.)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 08:43:27 AM »
(Just a friendly hint, basing the assumption that people "like you really" on their monitoring of your maligning and baiting of them is not usually a very accurate guide.)

What fucking language was that?  It looks like English  :dunno:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »
Very simple way to resolve this conclusively. Delete this account, as I have requested, and see if I ever come back. Or are you too afraid of the truth? That I really will never come back.

:LMAO:

As for hints, here's one for you: years of bitterness and self-pity does not equal "experience".

- Albert Einstein

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 08:55:29 AM »
I'll gladly delete your account in a week's time (because those are the rules), but I think we all know that you will be back.

Thank you, I will appreciate that account being deleted and would prefer it were immediate (and if the rules in question are your own I am certainly more than happy to waive them).

...and don't kid yourself. I won't be back, you do not have the kind of serious activism bias I go back anywhere else for.

I gave you the answer I did just because it has always been the only truth about why I ignore you, and it always will be, whether you like it or not, that is how I really feel. It has changed in the past day or so, only in that I feel more certain and convinced of it. You cannot tell other people what to feel. You cannot batter, bully, corner or con people into changing the way they feel and react either. The same way you cannot batter, bully, corner or con people into being someone they are not who would suit you better. I could not stop myself feeling and reacting to you the way I do if I wanted to, and I do not.

After this account has actually been deleted you have my permission to post whatever you like...but that would spoil you fun wouldn't it? Because all you really want is to try and find a way to use your friends to hurt and abuse me as much as possible, where I can see, because whether you like it or not, that is who you really are. But don't let it worry you, haven't you plenty of people around you to tell you how great you are for it?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 09:03:38 AM »

After this account has actually been deleted you have my permission to post whatever you like

:lol:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 09:08:13 AM »
In your answer, you actually didn't tell me anything. No reasons, nothing like that. You did reiterate your claims, but you didn't back them up.

If you treat others like that, you will not have that many left who will want to interact with you. Is this what you teach to your children? That no, you don't actually have to take responsibility when interacting with people, you can insult anyone who you don't like, for whatever reason, and never tell them why, and then blame the other whenever the poor sod tries to get some answers.

BTW: I'm going offline now. I'm assuming that just as before, you will not be here when I log on again?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
After this account has actually been deleted you have my permission to post whatever you like...but that would spoil you fun wouldn't it? Because all you really want is to try and find a way to use your friends to hurt and abuse me as much as possible, where I can see, because whether you like it or not, that is who you really are. But don't let it worry you, haven't you plenty of people around you to tell you how great you are for it?

Mechanima, I may have continued laughing with you and having some fun with you being coy and all that for fun, but coyness means shit here when it gets to the real serious stuff.

What are you accusing Odeon of exactly? You're making public accusations against him, so it's fair that you also give us your reasons for why you think he's abused you and been malicious with you or whatever. You owe an explanation not just to Odeon but to the members of the forum he's running. Spit it out and enough with the mind games. Otherwise, it'd be best to take back what you said and just leave (for your own sanity).

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 09:36:27 AM »
What are you accusing Odeon of exactly?

Nothing...he asked me why I ignore him, and after he asked me a second time I gave him what was always the truthful answer...

...it is not an accusation, it is an honest account of how I really feel, and yes, I agree it means I do not fit in or belong here (and the more detail I went into the more I would not fit in or belong I can assure you).

...and yes, I agree with those who think I should not be on Odean's board feeling that way about him but I found myself in a bit of a tricky position where I had Odeon blocked for quite some time before I realised it was his board...and I just let it go and pretty much stayed away rather than bringing it all up, and that is all I ever intended to do.

Odeon pushed me for an answer, I gave the truthful one...and now it is out in the open the only reasonable thing to do is delete my account openly and you can go your ways and I can go mine.

What not reasonable is trying to force me to do the impossible and change what I feel instead.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
I believe there is no "meeting of minds" here. Why not? Both are intelligent?
I think thatthere is two drawbacks to such an endevour.
A want for Odeon to get some answers from Mechanima and a complete unwillingness of Mechanima to want to indulge Odeon or the board.
Secondly is that Mechanima has stated that she is feeling this or that but has not alluded to particular logical or concrete reasons, that Odeon wants.
Maybe what Mechanima "feels" is true for her and she doesn't feel obliged to defend it. Maybe she doesn't want to give it a qualifiable and quantifiable definition and it remains a "feeling" that she puts store in. Maybe past interactions just gave her a bad feel and she doesn't wish to logically or criticallly evaluate them. Maybe he should and maybe she shouldn't.
Odeon on the other hand seems more concerned with the specifics and addressing things unemotively. I do this too and can understand this form of thinking.
I maybe wrong in my assessment naturally, would not be the first time.
I think all of this means this callout will not get much more in depth than what we see now.
I think we have two people interested in communicating in different ways holding different values and who are not after the same things in their interactions with each other.
I don't think that either will ever see each other in the same way I see of them both and what I respect in both of them.
I think it is a shame.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Mechanima

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »
I think we have two people interested in communicating in different ways holding different values and who are not after the same things in their interactions with each other.
I don't think that either will ever see each other in the same way I see of them both and what I respect in both of them.

I think that absolutely nails the situation objectively.

There is nowhere to go with this and no resolution to be found.

I have totally different values to Odeon (and honestly, though I never wanted to bring it up, the ethos of this board), and the only way my real reaction to him will change is if he changes, and he certainly isn't going to do that, and I would not have a right or a wish to ask him to.

It was a mistake for me ever to join this board...and I should never have stayed, because my own values, belief system and choices are just too different...and so, inevitably, are my needs and reactions. I have never felt able to relax here, or be myself, for one single moment because of that.

...and I am never going to change either nor would I want to.

So the only real resolution is to delete my account as I have requested.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 10:36:47 AM »
I do not see Odeon in the way you see him nor as having questionable values in his interactions here but you do. I can no more show you what I see in him than show him what I see in you. I see value in this place that you don't and i would not seek to "prove that either". Part of this place that is central is backing your claim and you don't wish to. You don't wish to be here either. So it is not like it bears a necessity, I guess, to renounce your feelings or personal preferences or defend it.
It would answer in the minds a few big "whys" but that too you have said is noot a driving force for you. 
I think basically Odeon feels that not giving a constructive logical account of what you feel that it comes across as vague and insincere. It is of course a logical possibility but it just is not in line with what I know of you.
I don't think it is wrong for him to ask or contest things. I see value in him asking but I think it is just not going to happen here and perhaps would not even take legs were it attempted.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap