Start here > Games

What have you done today? (Pt 2)

<< < (2564/2569) > >>

Gopher Gary:
I washed the cars. :hadron: I usually just give them a quick vacuum but I spent a lot of extra time on them today because I did a big detail on the insides, polishing all the interior glass and plastic/vinyl surfaces. It's already getting hot here so I probably wont want to do that again for months and months.  :dunno:

DirtDawg:
I took my car through the carwash. The under body spray they use is far more encompassing than anything I can do with just a garden hose. I've driven some salty roads this winter. Glad to get that off the car's underbelly.

I haven't done it since the fall, but I also bought some of that ceramic coat finish protector. Kind of replaces wax, but miles better and lasts for many months.

Instead of vacuuming, I tried out my new air compressor. All the doors open, let her rip! I made an almost embarrassing cloud that drifted across the street.
I can't say no more vacuuming, though. Pressure does a helluva lot better job on details and in corners than what my huge shop vac can do, even with its fuzzy wand attachment. I still feel that the large carpeted areas need the vac.
I'm mostly chasing out dog hair, but I drop a few as well. Same color as the dog but mine are curly. BUSTED!

The main thing that I had let slip too long was the condition of the inside of the windows. That took me a while to get right!

It looked great until the wind all day covered it back up with a cloudy layer of dust.
Oh well, I know the underside and the inside are clean and the glass looks better than it has in a very long time.

I feel like I need one of those trophies!

Gopher Gary:

--- Quote from: DirtDawg on April 14, 2024, 10:44:04 PM ---I took my car through the carwash. The under body spray they use is far more encompassing than anything I can do with just a garden hose. I've driven some salty roads this winter. Glad to get that off the car's underbelly.

I haven't done it since the fall, but I also bought some of that ceramic coat finish protector. Kind of replaces wax, but miles better and lasts for many months.

Instead of vacuuming, I tried out my new air compressor. All the doors open, let her rip! I made an almost embarrassing cloud that drifted across the street.
I can't say no more vacuuming, though. Pressure does a helluva lot better job on details and in corners than what my huge shop vac can do, even with its fuzzy wand attachment. I still feel that the large carpeted areas need the vac.
I'm mostly chasing out dog hair, but I drop a few as well. Same color as the dog but mine are curly. BUSTED!

The main thing that I had let slip too long was the condition of the inside of the windows. That took me a while to get right!

It looked great until the wind all day covered it back up with a cloudy layer of dust.
Oh well, I know the underside and the inside are clean and the glass looks better than it has in a very long time.

I feel like I need one of those trophies!

--- End quote ---

I never thought of using the air compressor on the cars. The next time I detail the insides, I might have to ask Sugarbutt what he thinks about that. And yeah, the inside of the windows. I had to do them twice. :aff:

Keeping cars clean is a lot of work. Here's your well deserved trophy. :hadron:

renaeden:
Usually I only vacuum the car when it has to go in for a service or repair of some kind because I don't want them to see a mess.

Today I went for a blood test. My left arm was good for a vein this time.

Gopher Gary:

--- Quote from: renaeden on April 16, 2024, 09:10:04 PM ---Usually I only vacuum the car when it has to go in for a service or repair of some kind because I don't want them to see a mess.

--- End quote ---

That's the time to leave it dirty, because they're supposed to vacuum it before sending it back.  :lol1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version