Author Topic: Well at least they didn't use their own truck  (Read 131 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Well at least they didn't use their own truck
« on: September 02, 2011, 02:06:45 PM »
SHARPSBURG, Pa. -- Police in Sharpsburg are still searching for the burglars who stole a 4,000-pound safe from an electric company, but despite the thieves' efforts, police said they didn't get away with much.

Investigators said the burglars used a forklift to remove the 2-ton safe from Thompson Electric along Ali Street sometime between 9 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.

The safe was lifted onto a truck that also belonged to the company and the burglars drove off, according to police.

The company told detectives the safe had $15,000 in cash and checks inside.

Channel 4 Action News' Marcie Cipriani reported that police found the white Chevy pickup truck used in the heist on Friday morning, along with the safe, still in the back.

"Usually when you have incidents like this, you find these trucks in the back woods, hidden, well-hidden. I don't think we're dealing with rocket scientists. It was parked on a well-traveled, public street," said Chief Leo Rudzio Jr.

Cipriani reported the safe still had its contents inside.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/29058361/detail.html#ixzz1WpMJ46TD

Rule #1: Hide the evidence.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Well at least they didn't use their own truck
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »
At least put a tarp over it.  I bet they lived within a block or two of where it was found.  Looks like a standard light duty pick up I wonder how low it was riding with 4ooo lbs in the bed?  Also thinking about opening the safe and how they proposed to do it,  I have ideas on how I would but would need some privacy
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw