Educational

Author Topic: hey teacher - leave them kids alone!  (Read 679 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: hey teacher - leave them kids alone!
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 05:24:24 PM »
I was talking about using AS as an excuse to be retarded (ie. people using AS as an excuse to be a lazy arsehole), not implying AS brings mental retardation. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

To be honest though, most aspies are the former. Too lazy to sort themselves out and figure things out. I had to do that my ENTIRE fucking life, it's hard but it's not impossible.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 05:33:31 PM »
I was talking about using AS as an excuse to be retarded (ie. people using AS as an excuse to be a lazy arsehole), not implying AS brings mental retardation. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

To be honest though, most aspies are the former. Too lazy to sort themselves out and figure things out. I had to do that my ENTIRE fucking life, it's hard but it's not impossible.

Is that because of a failed attempt at something or other and lost motivation? Sort of like 'fuck it, that didn't work so I can't be bothered'. Only the drive doesn't come for later attempts.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
There's many reasons for that, but I speculate that the major reason is using it as a "get out of jail" card in terms of acting like a twat. For example, attacking someone and then blaming it on their AS.