Author Topic: Forum Darwinism  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Forum Darwinism
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 07:28:46 AM »
Oh all well that ends well...or something  :zoinks:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 07:35:09 AM »
My point exactly. If Leejosepho had just let me insinuate Parakeet was gay, Id quickly have moved on. Because he wouldnt let me make my point, I became frustrated, and caused Parakeet real problems.

Hence why heavy moderated environments are actually a detriment and are so exploitable. In fact in some cases you can make the moderator troll the forum on your behalf, whenever they're conspiring with you for lulz or by making them more authoritarian due to your relentless trolling pursuit. The holy grail of trolling is to become a moderator and proceed to troll users yourself. :green:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 07:39:16 AM »
But there's a saying that sums this nature up well: Build a better mouse trap and a smarter mouse will come along. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 08:02:48 AM »
Yup Cbc. WP made me the monster I am today :lol:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »
I2's little monster...there is a custom title there somewhere
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »
What I'm talking about is the reverse natural selection concerning people who never learn to post with subtlety and discretion because they've never had to, they never break bad habits because they never get called on them.  This isn't a criticism, just an observation I've made over years of posting at different forums with different rules and noticing patterns.  Not being allowed to just directly personally attack someone does have value in that it makes you think harder about how to come at them, how to use them as a springboard for an argument to the crowd, and how to actually persuade rather than bludgeon with logic.  I think that sort of ability is a useful one to have in everyday life, since it's not usually a good idea to verbally abuse someone to their face, and learning to be persuasive rather than trying to win an argument is invaluable for an Aspie. 

Again, just my thoughts and observations.

I haven't read the responses yet, so am just responding to this.  I think you take the internet too seriously.  Do you really think that how someone posts on the internet is somehow representative of how they operate in real life?  You must recognize that fully functioning people can do different things in different places.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 10:13:24 AM »
That's not what I'm saying at all; I'm just saying that when the direct approach is forbidden it forces you to branch out and learn new skills. 

But these skills are only useful  on moderated internet forums?  Some of us don't live for the moderated internet forum.  I think a lot of us here at I2 only post here at I2, so why should we care to gain "soft skills" that will allow us to get things over on the weaker and more sensitive lot at places that we don't want to be in the first place?

eris

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
^^ This is the only forum I post on right now, and you are right about taking internet too seriously. In life you can say what you want to people and then deal with the consequences. I think that is the way to act. Maybe it is just that I dont like to pick on people and generally dont make judgement calls. If I have something to say to someone, I genuinely confront them about the issue with my adult words. Someone being an assraping cumslut is usually not the problem, so those words only come into play in a meaningful way if I am really aggravated. I dont think I can get that aggravated on the internet. I mean to say, some place being moderated isnt going to make me stop voicing my opinions on something
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:59:57 AM by eris »

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »
I got banned from the Minecraft forums again. These moderators never participate in the community and are passive-aggressive. I made quite a few troll topics, yet I wasn't banned until I inferred to someone as being an idiot or something like that. Damn it. It's like the forum is purposely made to not be able to adequately fight back against stupidity. You know a forum sucks balls when the moderator banning you is still a fucking teenager. :thumbdn:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:56 AM »
Yes Les. I like that. Little monster of the aspie elite :lol:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
I got banned from the Minecraft forums again. These moderators never participate in the community and are passive-aggressive. I made quite a few troll topics, yet I wasn't banned until I inferred to someone as being an idiot or something like that. Damn it. It's like the forum is purposely made to not be able to adequately fight back against stupidity. You know a forum sucks balls when the moderator banning you is still a fucking teenager. :thumbdn:

From what I can see , after you made the troll topics they were waiting for an excuse to ban you , and you gave them it.  :dunno:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »

Done.

:laugh:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »
Thanks Callaway. I like it :)

Osensitive1

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »
It seems to weed out a different kind of person, people who take themselves too seriously or can't laugh at themselves from time to time, as well as the sensitive in general.
This statement pigeon holes the membership. There's quite a variety here, some who do and don't meet these terms, and the same goes for those who don't stick around. Haven't found the 'type' here to be any different than other autism sites, though the site is very different, yes.

Osensitive1

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
:laugh: