Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 230666 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #4230 on: October 01, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »
All of the posts about tooth problems must have made me jealous.  I chipped a back tooth while eating a french fry.  It's on the inside and is irritating my tongue.  Guess I'll have to have ice cream for dinner.   :(  :(  Woe is me.

Have it removed. The endless fun you can have for a mere hour of your time... :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4231 on: October 01, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
^ please make sure to follow through with calling the dentist. You don't want the infection to spread and then an easy remedy becomes a complicated one.

I've already decided to call him first thing in the morning, no matter what. The tooth hurt like hell earlier, when the painkillers stopped working. Thanks, though.

It does sound like a dry socket.

I remember how awful mine was and you have my sympathy. 

They might have to pack it with medicated gauze.

I have an appointment tomorrow. Hopefully he'll be able to do something. :GA:

He fucked up a prescription for stronger pain meds, though, managing to prescribe another batch of what he gave me in the first place (which was just stronger-than-usual Ibuprofen).
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #4232 on: October 01, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »
You must torture him, if he can't fix it! Drill some holes in his teeth - without anaesthetics, of course! :arrr:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4233 on: October 01, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
You must torture him, if he can't fix it! Drill some holes in his teeth - without anaesthetics, of course! :arrr:

"Is it safe?"

Points for placing the quote in the right film.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #4234 on: October 01, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »
The Dentist?  :orly:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4235 on: October 01, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
Nah, this one is older. There is a dental connection, though. :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4236 on: October 01, 2012, 03:41:11 PM »
Shit, thats awful.

They are lucky to have you.
I'd be heartbroken if the rescue drops them. I've been there quite the while and I really like the management, plus I adore all of my kids that work for me. I have some of the best teens volunteering for me. They're really great kids. Bah. It would suck. We'll just have to see how it goes in between now and new years.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

P7PSP

« Reply #4237 on: October 01, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »

"Is it safe?"

Dr Czell in Marathon Man. Alec Guinness was a great actor.

P7PSP

« Reply #4238 on: October 01, 2012, 04:01:51 PM »
Fucking cocksucker phone doesn't like to post while I ride BART.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4239 on: October 01, 2012, 04:06:14 PM »

"Is it safe?"

Dr Czell in Marathon Man. Alec Guinness was a great actor.

+

Sir Laurence Olivier, though.

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #4240 on: October 01, 2012, 04:08:48 PM »
:headslap:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4241 on: October 01, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »
I don't think I'll have my store come January. Not because of anything I did. My rescue says I've gone above and beyond what has been asked of me but the store keeps claiming "sick cats" and the number of cats being pulled is extremely high but the number who are actually sick are few. I just lost my second foster. They're not willing to put their cats in the store because of the all the issues. So. friggin. stressful.  :(

Confused.  The store is claiming the cats are sick and should not be at the store, but returned to the foster?  Or the store is claiming the cats are sick and they want to treat them and charge the rescue for treating them? 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4242 on: October 01, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »
I don't think I'll have my store come January. Not because of anything I did. My rescue says I've gone above and beyond what has been asked of me but the store keeps claiming "sick cats" and the number of cats being pulled is extremely high but the number who are actually sick are few. I just lost my second foster. They're not willing to put their cats in the store because of the all the issues. So. friggin. stressful.  :(

Confused.  The store is claiming the cats are sick and should not be at the store, but returned to the foster?  Or the store is claiming the cats are sick and they want to treat them and charge the rescue for treating them?
They're saying that the cats are sick and they want them out of the store and back into foster. But the cats aren't sick. Usually they're stressed from a new move into the store or having a reaction to a change in food. They freak out at the smallest of things and it gets blown out of proportion.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4243 on: October 01, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »
The clothes line PA hung under the carport fell down.  It had only been up for 22 years.  Things just don't seem to last.  He put the screw back into anothe hole in the wood and it's back up.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4244 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:47 PM »
The clothes line PA hung under the carport fell down.  It had only been up for 22 years.  Things just don't seem to last.  He put the screw back into anothe hole in the wood and it's back up.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:06:24 PM by skyblue1 »