Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232663 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #3120 on: May 11, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »
Do pain meds help?  They don't do a thing for me when I have migraines other than make me drowsy

I'm hoping they will. This is called a post spinal headache, apparently, and it's very different from a migraine headache. I just read that a caffeine injection might help.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3121 on: May 11, 2012, 03:13:45 PM »
I hope it's goes away soon and the meds help
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3122 on: May 11, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »
Do pain meds help?  They don't do a thing for me when I have migraines other than make me drowsy

I'm hoping they will. This is called a post spinal headache, apparently, and it's very different from a migraine headache. I just read that a caffeine injection might help.

Do you have to go to a doctor for a caffeine injection?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:57:39 PM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3123 on: May 11, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »
Carroll Shelby, a Texas chicken farmer turned hot-rodder who went on to build innovative sports cars like the Cobra that challenged Europe’s longtime dominance of road racing as well as high-performance versions of production cars like the Ford Mustang, died on Thursday in Dallas. He was 89.

In the 1960s, Shelby raised the profile of American racing machines on the international sports-car circuit by packing powerful Ford V-8 engines into lightweight British roadsters, and by developing racing cars for Ford.

His Shelby Cobras proved worthy competitors to the likes of Ferrari, Maserati and Jaguar and became prized collector’s items — today they command six- and seven-figure prices..........

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/sports/carroll-shelby-builder-of-cobra-sports-car-dies-at-89.html

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3124 on: May 12, 2012, 05:05:53 AM »

Yes, unfortunately. No idea how that is supposed to happen since i can't even sit in an upright position.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3125 on: May 12, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »

Yes, unfortunately. No idea how that is supposed to happen since i can't even sit in an upright position.
Any chance of the doctor making a house call, for pain like this?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3126 on: May 13, 2012, 03:21:23 AM »

No. I ended up having my wife drive me to the ER. I lied down in the back seat the best I could. I don't recommend it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #3127 on: May 13, 2012, 04:11:30 AM »

No. I ended up having my wife drive me to the ER. I lied down in the back seat the best I could. I don't recommend it.

being in a rather cranky mood i was debating wether to use this:  :hahaha: or this:  :hug:
the nice inside my heart has won over though and i dont think i could ever really bring myself to laugh at anybodys pain... sometimes it just feels better to think asshole thoughts when your cranky

so odeon. i thank you for indirectly making me feel a little better

and i honestly do hope you feel better soon :hug:

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3128 on: May 13, 2012, 06:26:56 AM »

Were they able to help your pain in the ER, at least?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3129 on: May 13, 2012, 06:50:49 AM »
What was supposed to be a quick chat to ex had me losing my cool with her a bit and barking at her a little and her in tears.
I feel shittier for it and thnk goodness I am not still with her, because this would be the norm.
She repeats the same thing over and over and I eventually say "For fuck's sake, you have repeated that 3 times already. I understood that the first time." Then it is me being unreasonable and mean. Never actually did work out the point of her doing this and doubt I ever will. Don't even know why it winds me up so much with her.
Without going into it, it is kind of
"You said so and so to X?"
"Yes"
"X is a really nice person. She has been really helpful. I don't want her to think badly of me".
"OK"
"She is a really nice person though and has been really helpful and I don't want her to think badly of me".
"Sure. I understand. I don't think that what I said was bad or would been seen in a bad light. Anyhow, blah, blah blah (change subject)."
"They may see what you said as challenging or rude"
"I don't think they will and it was certainly not meant that way in any case"
"X is a really nice person. She has been really helpful. I don't want her to think badly of me"
"For fuck's sake, you have repeated that 3 times already. I understood that the first time. What is it you want?"
*drumroll tears* Ugh!
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3130 on: May 13, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »
What was supposed to be a quick chat to ex had me losing my cool with her a bit and barking at her a little and her in tears.
I feel shittier for it and thnk goodness I am not still with her, because this would be the norm.
She repeats the same thing over and over and I eventually say "For fuck's sake, you have repeated that 3 times already. I understood that the first time." Then it is me being unreasonable and mean. Never actually did work out the point of her doing this and doubt I ever will. Don't even know why it winds me up so much with her.
Without going into it, it is kind of
"You said so and so to X?"
"Yes"
"X is a really nice person. She has been really helpful. I don't want her to think badly of me".
"OK"
"She is a really nice person though and has been really helpful and I don't want her to think badly of me".
"Sure. I understand. I don't think that what I said was bad or would been seen in a bad light. Anyhow, blah, blah blah (change subject)."
"They may see what you said as challenging or rude"
"I don't think they will and it was certainly not meant that way in any case"
"X is a really nice person. She has been really helpful. I don't want her to think badly of me"
"For fuck's sake, you have repeated that 3 times already. I understood that the first time. What is it you want?"
*drumroll tears* Ugh!

:hug:

People saying things time and time again, when the fact has come across, may be trying to express their emotional reaction in that way.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3131 on: May 13, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »

Were they able to help your pain in the ER, at least?

Got some painkillers but they are not enough.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3132 on: May 13, 2012, 06:31:55 PM »
Insurance companies suck between the house, cars and business we shell out over $12000 a year :GA:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3133 on: May 13, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
Insurance companies suck between the house, cars and business we shell out over $12000 a year :GA:

Send ME the $12,000 a year, I will make sure you are insured.  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3134 on: May 14, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
Or better yet, send them to me so I'm insured. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein