Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235450 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #1020 on: October 10, 2011, 03:09:55 PM »
In the end I cheated. I hooked up another router on the LAN using a long ethernet cable and used it as a simple wireless access point instead of trying to make it work as a wireless repeater. Our house is impossible to cover well using only one AP and this was by far the easiest way to deal with the dead spots.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1021 on: October 10, 2011, 03:22:08 PM »
Found some electrical problems in the house I was working on today by being shocked pretty hard when I touched some wires that were in my way :hahaha:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1022 on: October 10, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »
In the end I cheated. I hooked up another router on the LAN using a long ethernet cable and used it as a simple wireless access point instead of trying to make it work as a wireless repeater. Our house is impossible to cover well using only one AP and this was by far the easiest way to deal with the dead spots.

Don't know why, but when we set up the wireless to the PRs computer it went like a charm.  Just had to think of what plug to put where between my computer and the modem.  Now my girlfriend and ATT took 2 days to get it set up and she has intermittent modem troubles. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1023 on: October 10, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »
Found some electrical problems in the house I was working on today by being shocked pretty hard when I touched some wires that were in my way :hahaha:

So now you have electrical burns to go with your bruises and purple fingernail?  Do you want Psychophant to move next door to you, just in case?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1024 on: October 10, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »

So now you have electrical burns to go with your bruises and purple fingernail?  Do you want Psychophant to move next door to you, just in case?

No burns just pain and that tingly feeling in my left hand for about an hour.  As for having an emt next door, he wouldn't have time to help anyone else :zoinks:

George Bernard Shaw

Psychophant

« Reply #1025 on: October 10, 2011, 06:07:13 PM »

No burns just pain and that tingly feeling in my left hand for about an hour.  As for having an emt next door, he wouldn't have time to help anyone else :zoinks:

I live to serve!   :P  Seriously, at least I could count on you NOT to spit, try to bite or kick me if I was trying to help you!   :viking:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1026 on: October 10, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »

I live to serve!   :P  Seriously, at least I could count on you NOT to spit, try to bite or kick me if I was trying to help you!   :viking:

Indeed!  Parts is BRAVE, and would cooperate with your first aid efforts!   :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1027 on: October 10, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »

Well as long as I was awake when you started anyway.  I don't react well to people waking me up or surprising me.  My wife is worried I will hurt someone who is helping me after an accident if I am knocked out and awake to find them over me helping.  It's not on purpose but a unconscious reaction.  Have you had problems with this?

George Bernard Shaw

Psychophant

« Reply #1028 on: October 10, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »

Well as long as I was awake when you started anyway.  I don't react well to people waking me up or surprising me.  My wife is worried I will hurt someone who is helping me after an accident if I am knocked out and awake to find them over me helping.  It's not on purpose but a unconscious reaction.  Have you had problems with this?

Only when they were drunk or awakening from a drug OD.   But, I would still be cautious with anyone I found unconscious,  standard precautions.  But at least I know your not the stupid good ol' boy drinkin' and rowdy type.   8)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1029 on: October 10, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »
I know when the guy kicked you, he was drunk.  Will it be shown on his arrest report that he injured a paramedic?  IMHO the judge or DA should take this into consideration in deciding how to handle his case.

Psychophant

« Reply #1030 on: October 10, 2011, 07:37:35 PM »
I know when the guy kicked you, he was drunk.  Will it be shown on his arrest report that he injured a paramedic?  IMHO the judge or DA should take this into consideration in deciding how to handle his case.

Maybe, don't know.  I do know if he injured a cop it would be a slam dunk.  But, emt's are considered invisible or at least not on a stature with cops or firefighters.  This is something my girlfriend, who's a cop gave me an insight into.   :-\

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1031 on: October 10, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »

Maybe, don't know.  I do know if he injured a cop it would be a slam dunk.  But, emt's are considered invisible or at least not on a stature with cops or firefighters.  This is something my girlfriend, who's a cop gave me an insight into.   :-\

How are the ribs feeling today?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Psychophant

« Reply #1032 on: October 10, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »
Still sore and not allowing me to sleep much.   My intercostal muscles are severely bruised.  My doctor is saying it will be tender for a few weeks.  but the fracture is not severe, so I should heal nicely.    :-\

Osensitive1

« Reply #1033 on: October 10, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »
Miss so much around here; didn't know. Get well soon, psychophant.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1034 on: October 11, 2011, 01:07:40 AM »
Still sore and not allowing me to sleep much.   My intercostal muscles are severely bruised.  My doctor is saying it will be tender for a few weeks.  but the fracture is not severe, so I should heal nicely.    :-\

Hope they will heal quickly. One of the worst pains I hear.   (not giving you a hug)
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!