Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234233 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15465 on: May 21, 2020, 05:33:26 AM »
As a souvenir from going crabbing I have pulled the muscles in my right thigh. I'm wondering why not both legs? Weird.

I'll rub your thigh for you in exchange for tummy rubs.  :eyelash:
:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15466 on: May 21, 2020, 08:36:44 AM »
I scheduled a car service today and now it's raining buckets and there will be nowhere to go while it's happening.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15467 on: May 21, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »
Garlic is on a shortage here and I can't figure out why. I used minced garlic at least 3 times a week and I can't even get garlic cloves, let alone the stuff already minced in the jar.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15468 on: May 21, 2020, 01:46:31 PM »
Garlic is on a shortage here and I can't figure out why. I used minced garlic at least 3 times a week and I can't even get garlic cloves, let alone the stuff already minced in the jar.

I've noticed that here too.   :dunno:  Maybe somebody started claiming it helps with the covid-19.   :laugh:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15469 on: May 21, 2020, 02:32:42 PM »

I've noticed that here too.   :dunno:  Maybe somebody started claiming it helps with the covid-19.   :laugh:
That's so bizarre that it's the same in your area too. Hmm...guess I'll have to resort to garlic powder for awhile which is okay but I much prefer the real deal.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #15470 on: May 21, 2020, 03:09:16 PM »

That's so bizarre that it's the same in your area too. Hmm...guess I'll have to resort to garlic powder for awhile which is okay but I much prefer the real deal.

Carla feels the same way.   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15471 on: May 21, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »
Garlic is being used to enforce social distancing. Obviously.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15472 on: May 21, 2020, 04:51:44 PM »
:lol1:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15473 on: May 22, 2020, 07:16:31 AM »
Groggy me who wasn't wearing her glasses while putting dinner in the crockpot for today didn't realize that she was holding a 1/2 TBS measurement and not 1/2 TSP so I have effectively doubled the chili powder, cumin and salt in the dish.

So that's my big dumbass thing for today out of the way  :facepalm2:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15474 on: May 22, 2020, 08:24:25 AM »
:lol1:

Groggy me who wasn't wearing her glasses while putting dinner in the crockpot for today didn't realize that she was holding a 1/2 TBS measurement and not 1/2 TSP so I have effectively doubled the chili powder, cumin and salt in the dish.

So that's my big dumbass thing for today out of the way  :facepalm2:

I hate to be one to say it, but haven't you almost quadrupled the quantities?  :zombiefuck:
...unless the Canadian TBS is different?  But nah, surely if the Canadian TBS was twice as big as a  Canadian TSP,  then it would be simpler to mark that "1/2 TBS" measure as 1 TSP

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15475 on: May 22, 2020, 09:08:44 AM »
Something like that. I don't add the full measurement it requires anyway so I was using less but in the end it's still way more than it should have been. But it's chicken burrito bowls so it's okay that it has a punch. Monkeyboy keeps saying chicken dishes don't have much flavour. Today is obviously the exception.  :lol1:

Although the amount of salt I was putting in should have been the thing to make me go uh...something isn't right here. That's what I'm dreading. I'm not a big salt person so I added more chicken broth which I can boil away at the end.  :facepalm2:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #15476 on: May 22, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »
So much for living with housemates who download a shit ton of things and your stuck with the shit end of the bandwidth.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15477 on: May 22, 2020, 12:09:51 PM »
Something like that. I don't add the full measurement it requires anyway so I was using less but in the end it's still way more than it should have been. But it's chicken burrito bowls so it's okay that it has a punch. Monkeyboy keeps saying chicken dishes don't have much flavour. Today is obviously the exception.  :lol1:

Although the amount of salt I was putting in should have been the thing to make me go uh...something isn't right here. That's what I'm dreading. I'm not a big salt person so I added more chicken broth which I can boil away at the end.  :facepalm2:

Maybe I'm missing something but how would adding more broth and boiling it away remove any salt?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15478 on: May 22, 2020, 02:06:22 PM »

It dilutes it because the chicken broth isn't salty at all so I essentially flood it and let it boil off before serving.

Maybe I'm missing something but how would adding more broth and boiling it away remove any salt?
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #15479 on: May 22, 2020, 10:07:37 PM »
but the salt wouldn;t evaporate when you boiled it.  Only the water in the broth would evaporate; so then, if you evaporate the diluted broth back to previous quantity,  the salt would be at exact same concentration as before. Net effect : just  a bit more chicken flavour  I'm pretty sure that's what Pyraxis was thinking too. And you still haven't explained what we missed.

And now I'm a tad  worried that we've not missed anything at all;  and I might  have made it stop working by meddlesomely explaining why it shouldn't work   That sort of thing  has actually happened before, on occasion  :lol1:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 10:09:21 PM by Walkie »