Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 235516 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15375 on: April 19, 2020, 09:13:53 AM »
Some are fairly open about it, others aren't. Netflix has been clear about limiting bandwidth in Europe, probably because we'd award them huge fines if they didn't.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #15376 on: April 19, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »
I'm starting to really regret getting this broadband provider. They have a 4G router which works wonders, was getting faster speeds than what I was getting with all the providers I had before peaking at about 80mbps. Ever since the lockdown happened, can't even get past bloody 10 on a good day and on a really bad day, it doesn't even get past 1.

Gotta put up with this shit for another 2 years.

Also bare in mind I have excellent coverage in my area. This couldn't go possibly wrong. But apparently it can.

Betting they are throttling the bandwidth. I have a 250/250 fibre connection but still notice that everyone from Netflix to Youtube are limiting the bandwidth because a lot more people than usual are using their services.
This. Mine went to crap after so many people were home at the same time using the same things.

The more people using the internet at once, the less bandwidth you would have to share, especially  if everyone is streaming and gaming etc. Guess it's also the result with people in the area stuck using the internet as a form of communication, entertainment or work for some.

I honestly think they've full throttled our speeds drastically. I called them up but it definitely had something to do with my area. They say the engineers are fixing it but obviously, that isn't the case, been like that for about a month. Ironically just when the full lockdown was announced.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #15377 on: April 19, 2020, 03:19:03 PM »
A good thing about Netflix, is some of their stuff can be downloaded and then watched offline. My streaming performance has only been a tiny bit annoying, so I haven't bothered with that yet.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15378 on: April 20, 2020, 12:49:35 AM »
I'm starting to really regret getting this broadband provider. They have a 4G router which works wonders, was getting faster speeds than what I was getting with all the providers I had before peaking at about 80mbps. Ever since the lockdown happened, can't even get past bloody 10 on a good day and on a really bad day, it doesn't even get past 1.

Gotta put up with this shit for another 2 years.

Also bare in mind I have excellent coverage in my area. This couldn't go possibly wrong. But apparently it can.

Betting they are throttling the bandwidth. I have a 250/250 fibre connection but still notice that everyone from Netflix to Youtube are limiting the bandwidth because a lot more people than usual are using their services.
This. Mine went to crap after so many people were home at the same time using the same things.

The more people using the internet at once, the less bandwidth you would have to share, especially  if everyone is streaming and gaming etc. Guess it's also the result with people in the area stuck using the internet as a form of communication, entertainment or work for some.

I honestly think they've full throttled our speeds drastically. I called them up but it definitely had something to do with my area. They say the engineers are fixing it but obviously, that isn't the case, been like that for about a month. Ironically just when the full lockdown was announced.

Could be that they had barely enough bandwidth to begin with but now that people are at home, there's just not enough.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15379 on: April 20, 2020, 12:51:25 AM »
A good thing about Netflix, is some of their stuff can be downloaded and then watched offline. My streaming performance has only been a tiny bit annoying, so I haven't bothered with that yet.  :dunno:

I know that Netflix is heavily compressing and possibly even stopping 4k (UHD) streaming. Wondering if they're doing the same with downloads. :-\

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15380 on: April 21, 2020, 07:06:13 AM »
My oldest cat has ouchy butt sacs again. They've obviously unclogged themselves otherwise there wouldn't be weird little puddles on the floor.
It hurts her to poop though.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15381 on: April 21, 2020, 12:27:27 PM »
I'm so over entitled people spouting off ridiculousness.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15382 on: April 22, 2020, 01:16:36 AM »
Itching. :GA:

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15383 on: April 22, 2020, 06:24:18 AM »
Infinitely annoyed by my client's inability to take action.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15384 on: April 23, 2020, 05:04:44 AM »
Bought a new potato peeler yesterday because I accidentally threw the other one out with the last batch of potato peelings. Stupid me. Anyway, upon using the new peeler, I cut myself twice within about a minute of using it. Had to wait to stop bleeding to continue. Then I cut myself once more. I did actually finish peeling the potatoes though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15385 on: April 23, 2020, 02:14:04 PM »
They're even starting to annoy ME and it's not my business, nor my client and not even my line of work.  :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15386 on: April 23, 2020, 02:38:58 PM »
They're even starting to annoy ME and it's not my business, nor my client and not even my line of work.  :laugh:

Well, they finally did take action. Sort of. "Can you please use your personal laptop for the time being?"

I'm a contractor and it's my limited company's laptop -it's what it's for, for chrissakes - so I'm fine with it. In fact, I suggested it to them when they first contacted me. But no; they'd provide me with a computer, I must not use my own.

Two weeks later, four days billed per week but with little actual work carried out, we now do things my way.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15387 on: April 23, 2020, 04:45:49 PM »

Well, they finally did take action. Sort of. "Can you please use your personal laptop for the time being?"

I'm a contractor and it's my limited company's laptop -it's what it's for, for chrissakes - so I'm fine with it. In fact, I suggested it to them when they first contacted me. But no; they'd provide me with a computer, I must not use my own.

Two weeks later, four days billed per week but with little actual work carried out, we now do things my way.
Funny how that works. lol
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #15388 on: April 23, 2020, 09:53:35 PM »
 :lol1:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #15389 on: April 23, 2020, 11:17:58 PM »
 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: