Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233990 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #15030 on: September 19, 2019, 05:46:09 PM »
Talked too much to too many people today
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #15031 on: September 20, 2019, 04:57:34 AM »
  Having some TMJ-like discomfort in my jaw and ears.  Getting dental work next month, hope that helps.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15032 on: September 20, 2019, 09:57:57 AM »
Talked too much to too many people today

Me too. I've had to talk to people all week and now I'm peopled out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15033 on: September 20, 2019, 09:58:52 AM »
  Having some TMJ-like discomfort in my jaw and ears.  Getting dental work next month, hope that helps.  :tard:

No fun. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #15034 on: September 23, 2019, 05:38:56 AM »
Fucking mosquitoes. Too many frikkin' mosquitoes here.

Don't mind being stung that much but the sound they make at night keeps waking me up.

*starts searching for a bazooka online*
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15035 on: September 23, 2019, 09:51:03 PM »
Fucking mosquitoes. Too many frikkin' mosquitoes here.

Don't mind being stung that much but the sound they make at night keeps waking me up.

*starts searching for a bazooka online*
We get them here too. I used to live near an estuary - a mozzie haven. A strange thing happened at the house there once. We had my sister and her family visit one time and they were all bitten by mozzies more than once. As they were scratching vigorously, I noticed that my mum, my stepdad and I were all untouched. Why weren't we bitten? I've heard of the idea that eating certain foods make them stay away because the taste of the blood is unappealing. Or maybe they were attracted to fresh meat?

It's not so bad living in the centre of town. Mosquitoes are rarer.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #15036 on: September 24, 2019, 12:27:05 AM »
Cold sores. :GA:

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #15037 on: September 24, 2019, 04:52:01 AM »
Mozzies? We call the shitty creatures 'muggen'.. (plural of 'mug' in Dutch).

Think that someone's 'odeur' has something to do with why someone is more attractive to mozzies, to be bitten, than another individual. Certain chemicals on the skin a/o on someone's breath. Quitoes can detect that certain smell for over a 100 feet, I thought.

Um, technically mosquitoes don't bite but actually sting hence me using 'stung' there but..

.. that's me going whiner perhaps.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15038 on: September 24, 2019, 07:46:49 AM »
Mozzies? We call the shitty creatures 'muggen'.. (plural of 'mug' in Dutch).

Think that someone's 'odeur' has something to do with why someone is more attractive to mozzies, to be bitten, than another individual. Certain chemicals on the skin a/o on someone's breath. Quitoes can detect that certain smell for over a 100 feet, I thought.

Um, technically mosquitoes don't bite but actually sting hence me using 'stung' there but..

.. that's me going whiner perhaps.
Yeah, you're right about them stinging, not biting. Oops on my part.

'Mozzie" being short for mosquito. If Aussies can shorten a word, we will.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15039 on: September 24, 2019, 07:51:27 AM »
Neighbours are keeping a cat in a 2ft x 3ft crate. Can't do much apart from listen to it howl day & night to get out.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #15040 on: September 24, 2019, 08:21:57 AM »
Neighbours are keeping a cat in a 2ft x 3ft crate. Can't do much apart from listen to it howl day & night to get out.
Maybe you could call the RSPCA? I've called them before and they were pretty quick to take action. For me, too, it was about a neighbour's cat. They weren't looking after it.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15041 on: September 24, 2019, 09:11:14 AM »

I am tired of "Hey, Google" thinking every sound my phone picks up is an inquiry.

I was playing a game (I like anagram solving word games - that and various forms of Solitaire are all I ever play.) and my wife sneezed. Google said, "I will need you to use more words."

I was blowing my nose, getting over a late summer cold and Google said, "There are approximately 3.78 liters in one gallon."  Now that one was ironic.
 :laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #15042 on: September 24, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »
Maybe you could call the RSPCA? I've called them before and they were pretty quick to take action. For me, too, it was about a neighbour's cat. They weren't looking after it.

This happens here a lot. Random people see an animal inside a car and call the cops. I think it is a GOOD thing, generally.

However:
A few weeks ago, it was really hot outside, and my son and I stopped into a small antique mall. We had the dog with us, since we were returning from a long park escapade when we noticed the new-ish antique place.

I returned to the car after less than ten minutes and the police were "investigating."  I had been reported for abusing an animal, leaving him in a car.
Well, to start, I always leave open the sunroof (wide open), with the air conditioner blasting, using the remote start after I exit the vehicle.
Now, that remote start thingy only keeps the car running for ten minutes, so I am always sure to keep the visits short. But, really, how long can two guys spend inside a downtown antique mall?  I asked the cop that eventually.

I was asked by the investigating officer to not approach the vehicle when I came out. The Police officer asked me to stand aside because this vehicle is under arrest. WTF!?!

I said it is MY car and you can not keep me from entering it and leaving, unless you are detaining me while I am under investigation for some crime. He told me he had a report of an abandoned animal inside a locked car.

I asked him if he had noticed that I am parked in the shade and that the car was actually running with the air blasting? He seemed to back off a bit. I then reached my hand through the top of the car and waved at him to point out that the animal in question was not in any way without air.
I also pointed out again that the car was running and about that time the ten minutes were up and the car shut off. Now, I walked up into his personal space and told him that NOW there is a problem that HE has caused by not allowing me into my own car. He threw his arms up.

I was only pointing my outrage at him and yet he threw his arms up and then apologized to me for the misunderstanding.
I opened the car and pointed to the bowl of water we left for the dog and just went nuts with the dog. It was all over.

I let him off the hook and told him I would thank those who reported this and encourage them to continue to be vigilant for these kinds of problems. I apologized to him for wasting his time being called out on such a non issue. Told him we love our dog and he is a part of the family, even if he is not welcome in some places.

The cop then followed me home.
I guess my point is that mostly, around here, this kind of complaint is taken seriously.

Charlotte Quin, make a COMPLAINT if you feel it to be necessary.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:41:10 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #15043 on: September 25, 2019, 12:34:26 PM »

Outside? Who crates a cat? Seriously. WTF is wrong with these morons?

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #15044 on: September 26, 2019, 02:25:34 AM »

Outside? Who crates a cat? Seriously. WTF is wrong with these morons?

Inside, in the garage I'm guessing. Though they brought the cat & crate outside for vitamin D the other morning. That's how I found out about it. I'd been hearing this cat howling for several days and couldn't pinpoint where it was from, whether there was a cat stuck in a neighbour's garage or one stuck down the drain. Then one morning the howling was super loud because it was just outside on the neighbour's patio in a crate.

I haven't heard the cat for a day or two now so maybe they were just babysitting it.