Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231452 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #12675 on: March 14, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »
No, a lot of dogs I've met have appeared pretty intelligent to me. I can read them and know what they want. They make it obvious in their body language. I think my sister's dog is highly intelligent because she knows my niece and nephew are just kids, and treats them as such, even when they're rough with her, it's really adorable. I don't like kids, but that's another subject. I think it's adorable that her dog acts so motherly, and takes care of other people too e.g. she will jump up onto the top of the sofa and put her paw on your shoulder. It really does feel like she's taking care of people. I love her.

My nan's dog goes to me now whenever she wants something, because she knows I know exactly what she wants. My nan says things like, "I never know what she wants, I wish she could tell me" and always mistakes any attention as the dog being hungry, and I can tell if the dog is hungry, and specifically what food she wants, by whether her face lights up at certain words. I think that's intelligence.

As for wanting my own space, yes, I am in this little room most of the time because I can't stand being around my family and other people all the time. When I mention space and how I don't understand why aspies love it so much, I mean specifically regarding partners and close friends. Of all the aspie men I've dated, the ones who have a need for a ton of space, no, I just don't relate to them at all. It's really hurt in the past, and well, I can't date guys like that anymore.
:dog:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #12676 on: March 14, 2017, 09:41:59 PM »
I've had birds since I was a little kid, and the one thing I remembered from along time ago was my neighbor having a bird for the first time and all they did was kept the cage covered up not giving the poor girl sun light or attention! I would of taken her in... but somehow my mother would of said no on the idea.

(We lived in a townhouse co-op that was a bit trashy in some aspects but not all the way to the levels of "Ultra-Trashy", one side of the court I lived on had a Mormon family in one unit, A Ukrainian guy that I've become good friends with, and Albanian Muslims in the other... yet like always we still figured out how to get along.)

Also the other court had a unit I refered to as the whorehouse.... only because it was girls who were late middle school age or early high school ages that were total sluts.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12677 on: March 15, 2017, 03:06:26 AM »
Dogs have masters. Cats, have employees.

Bitch-When I buy 'washing soda', I want sodium carbonate hexahydrate. Not 'contains 40something percent sodium carbonate hexafuckinghydrate. Maybe it would be acceptable if I knew what the rest WAS, but no. Do they list the stuff its cut with? gods below I hate it when that happens. Been up all night at it hammer and tongs (well, tongs certainly, didn't need a hammer for what I was doing)

I'd almost not want to waste the tiny quantities of more useful reagents giving me/it a diagnosis but I've got a couple of kilos of the fucking shite now. I might give it a go with the appropriate level of brute force that its fit for, such as electrolysis, experiment see if it can be used for anything like eutectic sodium salt mixtures. Otherwise, its fit for predrying alcohols, alkanes. packing drying tubes when it isn't critical, after first roasting the shit out of it.

And the hardware store only had 3 kg of caustic soda in stock. I go through caustic like caustic goes through blocked drains. Only more of it. And probably faster. Possibly my no.1 consumable, that and hydrochloric acid. Was tempted to pick up some more sulfuric whilst I was there but remembered I've still a couple of liters of 98% left so no need to go distill any more (to remove the dye, plus get it to at least 98%. 95-96 being at the limits of what I consider acceptable for stock (because generally its a ton easier to dilute things than concentrate them) Although, made up for by a good nights sl..err..electrolysis:P Although most of the sodium produced decided to go flying now I've got access to a nice beefy power supply (30 or 35 amps at sufficient voltage that ohmic heating seems like it'll serve once the melt is formed to keep it molten) Indeed it was produced TOO fast for open air/argon jet slow and fiddly type eledtrolysis for sodium metal and it was almost SPRAYING out of the melt pot. Got a hole in my arm to show for it too. Ever eaten 'rice krispies' or 'cocoa pops' cereal? that kind of noise, similar in frequency to when you pour milk on it (the cereal, stupid, and god help you if you have your morning cereal with molten NaOH and pour milk into a searing caustic melt and blobs of sodium :trollskull:

Not a bitch, since it means this power supply can DELIVER, plus I got to give my new molten metal bath (its electrically heated and very variable, from 200 degrees up to a bit short of 500 degrees) its baptism. A baptism of fire, quite literally. Wait this is going into territory it shouldn't, considering this is the bitch thread.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:27:33 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12678 on: March 15, 2017, 03:21:41 AM »
I've had birds since I was a little kid, and the one thing I remembered from along time ago was my neighbor having a bird for the first time and all they did was kept the cage covered up not giving the poor girl sun light or attention! I would of taken her in... but somehow my mother would of said no on the idea.

(We lived in a townhouse co-op that was a bit trashy in some aspects but not all the way to the levels of "Ultra-Trashy", one side of the court I lived on had a Mormon family in one unit, A Ukrainian guy that I've become good friends with, and Albanian Muslims in the other... yet like always we still figured out how to get along.)

Also the other court had a unit I refered to as the whorehouse.... only because it was girls who were late middle school age or early high school ages that were total sluts.

My old (but very nice) neighbours had birds that were always kept in a small cage too. They only covered it up at night, but still. It's very cruel.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12679 on: March 15, 2017, 03:26:39 AM »
Dogs have masters. Cats, have employees.

The dogs in my family have always been there for me and are amazing. I don't give a damn if they view me as their master, they do whatever it takes to fit in the pack and help one another out. That does not make them inferior. Social creatures are NOT inferior.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12680 on: March 15, 2017, 05:31:59 AM »
According to my last ex: all cat lovers are geeks, dog lovers are mundane plebs.

God, that was so deep. I think he should have studied for psychology, he has a real talent there.

:lol1:   Ask him about people who love cats and dogs, watch his head explode!  >:D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12681 on: March 15, 2017, 07:15:35 AM »

As for wanting my own space, yes, I am in this little room most of the time because I can't stand being around my family and other people all the time. When I mention space and how I don't understand why aspies love it so much, I mean specifically regarding partners and close friends. Of all the aspie men I've dated, the ones who have a need for a ton of space, no, I just don't relate to them at all. It's really hurt in the past, and well, I can't date guys like that anymore.

Own space is mostly about having freedom.

I might be one of those you would never date again (age difference aside and ignored for this comment) because I want to own a large plot of land some day.

I would love to have a landspace where I could shoot a high power rifle at a forty five degree angle (yes, Odeon, I know that the density of the atmosphere from where the external ballistic trajectory is calculated will affect the angle at which one should shoot to gain maximum range. I just removed the air resistance and ballistic coefficient factors for this discussion) to gravity and have the bullet fall on my own land.
Probably a few miles across, please.
I would love it if it took me two or more days to walk from side to side across my land.

I live in a small suburban community with a very small yard out back and I want to have a free space to have room for more dogs, cats, some foul and room to raise meat for the table and maybe a few other decorative animals like peacocks or native wildlife. My idea of heaven on earth!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #12682 on: March 15, 2017, 07:23:07 AM »
According to my last ex: all cat lovers are geeks, dog lovers are mundane plebs.

God, that was so deep. I think he should have studied for psychology, he has a real talent there.

:lol1:   Ask him about people who love cats and dogs, watch his head explode!  >:D

No head exploding here. I have almost always kept both, as my parents and grandparents did.
My grandfather (maternal) had over two thousand acres to protect and farm (old family plot from the beginning of Texas' independence).  He had many animals and many pastures which were growing hay.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12683 on: March 15, 2017, 07:51:08 AM »
I'm sorry, my head is garbled from form filling and I can't think straight. I would love a big physical space too, it would be amazing and perfect for me. Regarding dating, I meant emotional space/distance. I'm sorry I wasn't clear.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12684 on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:32 AM »
Ice everywhere
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12685 on: March 15, 2017, 10:34:52 AM »
Ice everywhere

When Life hands you ice, make frozen daquiris.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #12686 on: March 15, 2017, 01:20:17 PM »
When life hands me ice, running the condensers is cheaper.

My remark about dogs having masters and cats, staff, was humor. True, but humor. But I'm not a dog person really. Definitely a cat person. I did take in a dog once that was being treated like shit by its owners, just dumped out on the street, when I was a kid, so I befriended then 'stole' the dog. Hit by a car, eventually IIRC. Although I was fairly young,  but still, I won't sit by and ignore shitheads who mistreat animals. If I saw someone stamp on a snail for example, I'd deliver a payment in kind. Trash their home and stamp on them, see how they liked it, and tell them why it was being done so they have the opportunity to mend their ways. And for me its not just 'I don't do animal research' but 'don't d..of course', since I wouldn't so much as sell petri dishes to someone that did, not knowingly; no more than I would become a crack whore, a paedophile or a copper.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12687 on: March 15, 2017, 01:40:11 PM »
Since people seem unable to do it on their own, I think everybody should be introduced to a user friendly version of Linux, and bigger software companies should start accommodating that Linux system. Technology today is a heap of crap and should be scrapped. I mean it. It's totally unacceptable.

You can buy a Dell laptop with Ubuntu Linux these days. I'm writing this on one, but I installed it myself.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12688 on: March 15, 2017, 02:38:45 PM »
Since people seem unable to do it on their own, I think everybody should be introduced to a user friendly version of Linux, and bigger software companies should start accommodating that Linux system. Technology today is a heap of crap and should be scrapped. I mean it. It's totally unacceptable.

You can buy a Dell laptop with Ubuntu Linux these days. I'm writing this on one, but I installed it myself.

I tried Ubuntu years ago. I did that installation where you didn't have to format the drive, and it seemed to mess my computer up.

I didn't know you could buy it pre-installed on a computer.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #12689 on: March 15, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »
I think several manufacturers offer Linux in addition to Windows now. Saves money and provides a more stable experience.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein