Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 231114 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #11370 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »
woke up this morning to a house full of cigarette smoke (the downstairs, anyway).
wolfish is allergic to cigarette smoke.

we asked the landlord specifically about smokers, were told none, found out there was one next door and now it appears one has moved in downstairs as well. the air filters handled the next door as it was small leaks, but they can't handle this.

i'm guessing we will be breaking the lease as soon as we find a new place.

That's not cool...you really just got settled in.

I hope you can find something soon and you don't end up sick and miserable from this. I can tolerate smoke for a short period of time...but it's one of my main triggers...that and perfume. Both can make me really sick after too much exposure.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11371 on: June 07, 2016, 01:04:41 AM »
My joints hurt today.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11372 on: June 07, 2016, 05:04:29 AM »
woke up this morning to a house full of cigarette smoke (the downstairs, anyway).

we asked the landlord specifically about smokers, were told none, found out there was one next door and now it appears one has moved in downstairs as well. the air filters handled the next door as it was small leaks, but they can't handle this.

I hope you can find something soon and you don't end up sick and miserable from this. I can tolerate smoke for a short period of time...but it's one of my main triggers...that and perfume. Both can make me really sick after too much exposure.
perfume makes me sick too. i had some cologne that my sister had given me and sprayed it on my backpack to keep the mice from chewing it. worked like a charm - keeps wolfy away too. i had to buy another one.
when i did crisis work a bad agency i worked for had managers who thought i was faking the smoke allergy. they sent me on an evaluation and i did it from the doorway of the house, nonetheless i lost my voice for two days after. i can tolerate some scents but others make me run for the inhaler.
i don't think the guy downstairs smokes, i think it's his girlfriend. he may not tolerate it well either. today for the first time since we've moved here i saw his window open. there is no smell of smoke this morning but it's windy and ours were open too.
we were planning on looking anyway - py wants to get on the road to the picket fence.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11373 on: June 07, 2016, 05:49:49 AM »
  My right pinkie has been achy lately, just the joint closest to the tip.  It's warping.  :tard:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11374 on: June 07, 2016, 08:58:53 AM »
we were planning on looking anyway - py wants to get on the road to the picket fence.

Wedding bells?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11375 on: June 07, 2016, 11:40:03 AM »

perfume makes me sick too. i had some cologne that my sister had given me and sprayed it on my backpack to keep the mice from chewing it. worked like a charm - keeps wolfy away too. i had to buy another one.
when i did crisis work a bad agency i worked for had managers who thought i was faking the smoke allergy. they sent me on an evaluation and i did it from the doorway of the house, nonetheless i lost my voice for two days after. i can tolerate some scents but others make me run for the inhaler.
i don't think the guy downstairs smokes, i think it's his girlfriend. he may not tolerate it well either. today for the first time since we've moved here i saw his window open. there is no smell of smoke this morning but it's windy and ours were open too.

Not many people believe you unless they experience it themselves I think. MIL used to marinate in perfume, she thought I was just being "difficult"  and used to be downright nasty to me about it until she developed breathing problems as she got older. Karma is a bitch.

Hope you and Py stumble across the perfect little cottage and picket fence. That would be a good thing for you both I think.  8)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11376 on: June 08, 2016, 07:08:41 AM »
Stoopid aftermarket leather shop never replied to my email.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11377 on: June 09, 2016, 08:45:24 AM »

Wedding bells?
we've already done two domestic partnerships - one in the U.S. and another here.
py doesn't like the idea of weddings, but we do plan on doing something for our tenth anniversary coming up in september. we're thinking a camping/rock climbing trip. perhaps we will exchange vows in a cave.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11378 on: June 09, 2016, 08:49:24 AM »

Not many people believe you unless they experience it themselves I think. MIL used to marinate in perfume, she thought I was just being "difficult"  and used to be downright nasty to me about it until she developed breathing problems as she got older. Karma is a bitch.

Hope you and Py stumble across the perfect little cottage and picket fence. That would be a good thing for you both I think.  8)
yes, it would, especially if the cottage has a walk in basement, so that it and not my bedroom and office can look like parts lives there.
ugh. that would have had me in the ER. nice that about karma.
for me it works better to say i have asthma but i often don't think of that since i usually only get it in march.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11379 on: June 09, 2016, 08:50:56 AM »
i have to wear shoes today.
i had to buy new ones because my old ones (broken in over five years) vanished during the move.
the new ones are not broken in.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11380 on: June 09, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »
I'm bored.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11381 on: June 11, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »
I hate perfumes too. HATE using spray deodorant although I do if the weather is blazing hot. Have to hold my breath, spray and leave the room its been sprayed in.

Lol it kinda says something about how much I like perfumes/cologne when I actually find chloroacetone (a tear gas) somewhat pleasanter to be around than perfume. Its still an irritant and choking lachrymatory agent but I do find it nicer than 'scents':P
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11382 on: June 11, 2016, 03:46:48 PM »
I hate perfumes too. HATE using spray deodorant although I do if the weather is blazing hot. Have to hold my breath, spray and leave the room its been sprayed in.

Lol it kinda says something about how much I like perfumes/cologne when I actually find chloroacetone (a tear gas) somewhat pleasanter to be around than perfume. Its still an irritant and choking lachrymatory agent but I do find it nicer than 'scents':P

Me too  except the floral ones which I kinda like.  Most of the time all I can smell is the alcohol base
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #11383 on: June 11, 2016, 04:30:21 PM »
  Frickin' menopause.  I'm a little sweat fountain!  :thumbdn:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #11384 on: June 11, 2016, 06:52:11 PM »
The floral ones are the fucking depths of tartarus having taken a huge foetid diseased, dysentery shite, rolled it up in a bun and stuffed it up a dead dog's bloated, almost ruptured with corpse-bloat in which a plague-ridden sewer rat has crawled and died having first given itself a shower in a cholera victim's putrescent leavings.

I've smelled fouler, sure, but only in the context either of excrement of some form, or some of the more abominable sulfurous, arsenical or selenium-based entities that have slithered their way out of a lab flask. Or acrolein, isocyanides. Oh and durian fruit...that smells so ugly that its banned on flights. And a few pieces  the size of a quarter of a large orange or grapefruit of medium size, is enough to stink out an entire tall building if stuffed into the airvent duct system and a chunk tossed in a bin higher up. That stuff is on the borderline between fruit and a chemical weapon. Sulfur mustard lite edition. Although it smells partly reminiscent of arsine and the smell given off by white phosphorus  burning without the burning acidity of P2O5. Garlicky, rotten leeks and onion plus the smell of arsenical pyrites when struck, plus some overtones of that nasty smell from a sweaty hand holding copper coins. All rolled up in sewage and sulfurous nasties of the mercaptan variety.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.