Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 233686 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #10500 on: January 13, 2016, 07:29:39 PM »
even after the police told him not to, the mechanic across the street is using our driveway as his private parking space, blocking me in. I've started taking pics because the police said to let them know if there are any more problems.

Have him towed.

Seconded!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10501 on: January 14, 2016, 01:24:47 AM »
even after the police told him not to, the mechanic across the street is using our driveway as his private parking space, blocking me in. I've started taking pics because the police said to let them know if there are any more problems.

Have him towed.

Seconded!
Never had an issue like this before - do the police have their own towing? This guy owns one of two tow trucks in the area and I think he's it for where we live.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #10502 on: January 14, 2016, 08:47:45 AM »

Have him towed.

Seconded!
Never had an issue like this before - do the police have their own towing? This guy owns one of two tow trucks in the area and I think he's it for where we live.

No, you can have a private company tow a car off private property.  Generally it's free, they recover their fee from the douche who wants his car back.  Laws probably differ by state, but you can ask the police.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #10503 on: January 14, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
  I have to work this weekend.  *sigh*  That lottery dream fell through.  ::)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10504 on: January 14, 2016, 03:18:44 PM »

Have him towed.

Seconded!

Thirded.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10505 on: January 14, 2016, 03:54:05 PM »

Have him towed.

Seconded!

Thirded.

Quarter his car by four tow trucks.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10506 on: January 15, 2016, 08:51:26 AM »

Have him towed.

I haven't figured out how towing works in Montreal. Everything seems to be by district, which means they might call this guy to tow his own truck. We are running into the same issue with finding a family practice doc - told to stick to our own district.

Seconded!

Thirded.

Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10507 on: January 15, 2016, 10:57:40 AM »

Have him towed.

Seconded!

Thirded.

I haven't figured out how towing works in Montreal. Everything seems to be by district, which means they might call this guy to tow his own truck. We are running into the same issue with finding a family practice doc - told to stick to our own district.

Invite Hubert and IQ over with their mighty trucks. And Parts with his van. Only need a fourth accomplice and the quartering can commence. Hit and run quartering. They'll be back over the border to the USA before the police comes in action.
 :icequeen: :icequeen: :icequeen: :icequeen:

Parts has some interesting tools too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #10508 on: January 15, 2016, 12:47:24 PM »
My mighty truck is still broke :(

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10509 on: January 15, 2016, 03:45:05 PM »

Have him towed.

Seconded!

Thirded.

Invite Hubert and IQ over with their mighty trucks. And Parts with his van. Only need a fourth accomplice and the quartering can commence. Hit and run quartering. They'll be back over the border to the USA before the police comes in action.
 :icequeen: :icequeen: :icequeen: :icequeen:

Parts has some interesting tools too.
Ah, I can dream...

Py is going to talk to one of the mechanics - her french is better than mine. Until the way was blocked with snow, he would park his beaters so there was room for us to get out. Today he parked one in the driveway and it took him five minutes to get it running. Not to mention that he wasn't there when I went to his door. He showed up as I was getting my phone out to call the police.

As for the other, I started taking pictures. Today not five minutes after I got home the other one, who's the creep, parked his truck in the driveway. I came out and took a picture - within minutes, it was gone.

So much for neighborly Canada. Everyone is supposed to be polite and accommodating here according to Py. As far as I can tell, some folks are and the rest are like the mechanic across the way.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10510 on: January 16, 2016, 01:04:56 AM »
So now my twenty, thirty and forty something online students are doing facebook drama, trashing discussion board responses?

I swore I would never teach anything below college  because I wanted to avoid the drama. It's caught up to me.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10511 on: January 16, 2016, 04:13:32 AM »
The eye infection may be returning. Fuck!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10512 on: January 16, 2016, 11:11:48 AM »
So now my twenty, thirty and forty something online students are doing facebook drama, trashing discussion board responses?

I swore I would never teach anything below college  because I wanted to avoid the drama. It's caught up to me.

They never grow up though, the drama just evolves with time.

SO has a bar...the alcohol just gives the drama more fuel some days.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10513 on: January 16, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
Ya gotta love drivers who drive like crazy even after an icy rain, 2 inches of wet snow and now sleet!    ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10514 on: January 16, 2016, 12:49:37 PM »
Why, oh why did I agree to work at another film festival? :GA:

- Albert Einstein