Educational

Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 232942 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #9405 on: March 19, 2015, 12:21:11 AM »
Yes, even better than paying for hiding the evidence. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #9406 on: March 19, 2015, 03:48:36 AM »
Yes, even better than paying for hiding the evidence. :zoinks:

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy  :zoinks:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9407 on: March 19, 2015, 09:48:50 AM »
So far this week you have destroyed seedlings, maimed my plant, knocked my phone under the stove yet again, been removed from the kitchen sink 5 times, removed from the dryer 6 times, taken out of the hamper twice, and tackled the other cat when he was sound asleep frightening him half to death.

I wonder if they make meds for cats with chronic cases of oppositional defiant disorder.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9408 on: March 19, 2015, 01:12:23 PM »
So, most of them?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9409 on: March 19, 2015, 02:38:14 PM »
So far this week you have destroyed seedlings, maimed my plant, knocked my phone under the stove yet again, been removed from the kitchen sink 5 times, removed from the dryer 6 times, taken out of the hamper twice, and tackled the other cat when he was sound asleep frightening him half to death.

I wonder if they make meds for cats with chronic cases of oppositional defiant disorder.

Medical catnip in very high doses :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9410 on: March 19, 2015, 03:45:26 PM »
I've got something in my eye. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Hannah

« Reply #9411 on: March 19, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »
eh sore from having my tooth pulled...however, it feels tons better, no more pressure...brush thy teeth...

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9412 on: March 20, 2015, 03:54:46 AM »
^Was it a wisdom tooth? They are the only ones I have had pulled.

I have a sore bottom eyelid. My left eye. There might be a small stye(sp) there. I want to rub it but it is probably better not to because of germs.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Hannah

« Reply #9413 on: March 20, 2015, 02:28:18 PM »
^Was it a wisdom tooth? They are the only ones I have had pulled.

I have a sore bottom eyelid. My left eye. There might be a small stye(sp) there. I want to rub it but it is probably better not to because of germs.

Nope, it was number 31 in the back, so badly decaied that even a root canal wouldn't have worked...but they did let me keep my tooth  :2thumbsup: though I can see why it hurt so dang much! Holy dirty decay batman... :-\

I might take a picture of it later...

Also, the pressure feels so much better as in not there at all, the meds for the infection can now breath and work...having an infection under a tooth hurts like all hell...and I have a high pain tolerance...

when they pulled the tooth out, puss came out and the staff freaked out as in 'why didn't you tell us it was this bad?' to which I said uh I did...I did tell them...  ???

All in all it's so much better, and I'm very much a believer in brushing, flossing and rinsing like a manic now...after 4 crowns and 2 of those being root canals of which came to 3k all said and done out of my pocket...and this tooth pulled was really the last straw, I'm religious about the teeth now...you have no idea... :yawn:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9414 on: March 20, 2015, 09:54:08 PM »
Wow, you are kind of young for dental work like that. I am 38 and have had 3 fillings and a cap for my front tooth from when I broke it face-planting a desk. And I have had the top two wisdom teeth out. I didn't have bottom wisdom teeth. And that is all, thankfully.

I think that we should grow a third set of teeth at about 40-50 years of age rather than trying to keep our second set for most of our lives and inevitably ending up with false teeth.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Hannah

« Reply #9415 on: March 20, 2015, 10:52:45 PM »
Brush Yo Teef

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9416 on: March 21, 2015, 01:56:02 AM »
 :zombiefuck:

I've lost one, but that was because of an infection below it, not because of bad hygiene.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9417 on: March 21, 2015, 06:00:51 AM »
I've lost the lot. The whole freaking lot, little by little. They used to be good and strong, before the Trigminal Neuralgia started (30 years ago)

The curious thing is that every time I went to my dentist with "toothache" from that day on, he would examine them, X-ray them,  declare them perfectly sound, and refuse to pull the affected  tooth, never mind how much I begged him.  The pain would go on for several weeks usually, then suddely, mercifully stop. Some weeks or months after that, I 'd develop an enormous abscess under the tooth, or else it would just crumble away. Then it would finally, thankfully  get pulled.

Of course that pattern of events firmed up my idea that it was toothche. No internet in those days. So when my dentist shouted at me in exasperation," It's neuralgia. I can't treat neuralgia. See your GP", I carried  on thinking that "neuralgia"was just a fancy word for toothache, didn't I?

So I'd go to my GP and say "I've got this agonising toothache that my Dentist can't treat." And she'd say "I can't treat toothache. Go see your dentist"

Yeah, I bounced back and forth like that for nearly twenty years, just occasionlly scrounging up a begrudged painkiller precription from one or the other of them, until a new Dentist suddenly had the bright idea of explaining to me the difference between neuralgia and toothache; and she added that tricylic depressants are  effective treatment, but you can only get them from your GP.   So then I returned to my GP and finally used the magic word, neuralgia.

By this time, I'd lost half my teeth, the rest were in poor shape, and I could easily predict which one would go next by the site of the pain, never mind if it wasn't toothache.

Neither GP nor my sucession of  dentists would ever believe me, because there' no known link, theoretical or actual, between dental decay and trigeminal neaurlgia.

It strikes me, if nobody believes you because it can't be happening, because it isn't in the textbooks, then it would never stand a  chance  of making  it into the text books would it, hmm?

Anyways ...I've now lost the lot, and I stiill get that pain, so it's definitely not toothache. That notion is totally dead and buried . But the pain now affects my left cheekbone, my left ear and the whole left side of my head much more often than the jaw. The jaw pain has pretty much dropped to dull monotonous ache that's a lot more easily tolerated.

So what next? Does my ear drop off and my skull cave in?

Somehow, the fact that it isn't theoretically possible ( becuse there's surely no known link between TN and skull caving in)  fails to reassure me. :LOL:

-Walkie
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 06:02:35 AM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9418 on: March 21, 2015, 07:22:21 AM »
 :hug:

I've got bad teeth. My dentist told me when I was twenty, that the only reason I was without dentures was my precise brushing, because my teeth were crap.
Still have most of them. But, for me there is a clear link between TN and infected roots.

My TN will most of the times not improve without a rootcanal treatment. First times there was nothing to be seen on X-rays, so I walked around with it for years. Then my then dentist said he'd just open the thing up do a rootcanal treatment anyway. Because he knew me as not a complainer by default. It was badly infected. And he stuck to that, when I came with similar complaints.

Later I had another dentist. Same story, but he was not that much listening to me. Until the day I came into his room, and before I sat in the chair I told him he was going to do a rootcanal treatment today.
He just did it.  :laugh: And then was shocked how bad it was, prescribing me antibiotics on top of it.

This time it is only my neck-muscles, and no teethproblem causing the latest attack. Maybe I'm wrong. Dentist has scheduled some repair anyway. So, who knows it may help a little extra.

That there is a link between TN and teeth is logical. All the nerves of your teeth come together in the trigeminal nerve. What comes first and what later? For me it is my bad teeth causing TN, but who knows, it may be a two way thing.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9419 on: March 21, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »
The mileage on my van is way down almost 4mpg less than normal the last two fill ups :dunno:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw