Author Topic: Just one quick bitch, part two  (Read 234467 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch, part two
« Reply #7380 on: December 25, 2013, 03:24:03 PM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7381 on: December 26, 2013, 03:03:04 AM »
Falling behind with replying to threads.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #7382 on: December 26, 2013, 03:26:53 AM »
 :scratchhead:  I understand now.  I didn't mean all cards are insincere.  They are only irksome if you keep receiving them when you have made it clear you don't want to bother.

I used to send them.  They gradually became less and less important until I decided the negatives outweighed the positives.
* I used to make a list.  Then it would take me ages to get addresses.  Usually involved a trip to my mom's at some inconvenient hour to raid her address book.  She would look at me and tut because it was the same the previous year despite buying me numerous address books.

* I am crap at remembering the names of peoples partners and thought it seemed shitty to just put, for example, Diana and partner.

* After completing said list, shock horror, I would get one off someone I had forgotten about.  Out they come again (cards)
or go and buy more.

* Started to think wtf am i sending cards to people just because they sent one to me? Seemed a bit meaningless.

* I recall putting a whole night to one side for sending christmas cards.  It felt a chore. 

* Saw something on TV about a comedienne who quit sending them altogether (possibly Dawn French or Jennifer Saunders) and to overcome any guilt they made a donation to charity.  I said 'that's for me'.

* About ten/twelve years ago started using internet and email and it became easier to keep in touch with relatives who don't live locally.  Then FB etc just eliminated the need to send them.

* I have already said why I don't like receiving them.  They do become more irksome after you tell people you don't want them.  Also my house is Victorian style and instead of one nice big living room I have two smaller rooms.  They feel small anyway.  When Christmas tree is up and decorations ...and then cards, I felt that I was being engulfed in Christmas, hence the bitch.

The above points are only relating to me.  They reflect my own experience and my own short comings.   I really didn't mean to imply that other share the same views.  Or that anyone receiving a Christmas Card thinks the way about them I do.  
blah blah blah

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7383 on: December 26, 2013, 06:13:32 AM »
:scratchhead:  I understand now.  I didn't mean all cards are insincere.  They are only irksome if you keep receiving them when you have made it clear you don't want to bother.
If someone I knew said they don't want to receive my family's card because they don't send us one, would still send them one anyway. Guess they would just have to get over it. :laugh:

TheoK

« Reply #7384 on: December 26, 2013, 06:21:21 AM »
A thunderstorm in late December - and of course it managed to destroy the router  :thumbdn:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7385 on: December 26, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »

I had planned to leave her there for a few days (she is not into people things like Christmas and shit anyway), but I got a call at work and they told me there was nothing they could do for her.

I knew she would not live forever, but shit.

:hug:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7386 on: December 27, 2013, 05:05:24 AM »
A thunderstorm in late December - and of course it managed to destroy the router  :thumbdn:

Really? Just the router? :o
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #7387 on: December 27, 2013, 05:31:34 AM »
Yup. It has even happened twice - it happened in 2011 too, though that year in October.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7388 on: December 27, 2013, 06:59:58 AM »
Get something like this (sorry folks, Swedish-language link). Your router was probably hit by a power spike through the wall socket.

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #7389 on: December 27, 2013, 08:14:18 AM »
 :nerdy: ;)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7390 on: December 27, 2013, 02:09:24 PM »
Had to do and send out a ton of paperwork relating to my fathers estate I hope it was all done correctly
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #7391 on: December 27, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
chipped a tooth
blah blah blah

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #7392 on: December 28, 2013, 12:29:26 AM »
Windows 8. :GA:

Neighbor just got a laptop with it...had to set up the printer and misc.

Microsoft....WTF were you thinking?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7393 on: December 28, 2013, 02:10:14 AM »
Windows 8. :GA:

Neighbor just got a laptop with it...had to set up the printer and misc.

Microsoft....WTF were you thinking?

They were thinking that you people were READY to go "touchy."  DO you have a touch screen? If not get one, or at least one of those Logitech touch pads. You need to be touchy if you want to use Win8, efficiently.

... or else, just set the entire GUI to be "old school"  and use a start button, massive menu, search boxes and a mouse if you have to.  It will look like Win7.

I can remember seeing a cartoon with Jobs, Gates and a few others all arguing about what tech is next and how each one will claim which shared of the market. "We will own the kids with the pants down off their asses" "We will own the parents of school kids"  "We will own everyone who hates hi- tech"  etc.

What I remember most about that cartoon was an evil faced Steve Jobs, looking up into the crowd with a satanic grin, holding up his juice, saying, "I already owned all these hippies you're talking about when I made all mine touch screen!"

:mischief:

Love it, but trust me, I will never own an Apple product. I do not even allow apple software into any of my machines.  Yeah, wish there was something  more universal and better at the same time, but we are stuck, for now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7394 on: December 28, 2013, 06:55:55 AM »
Prefer having a keyboard.