Educational

Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19146 times)

Eamonn

Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2006, 08:51:15 PM »

Just for the record, I want to point out that this statement is absolute bullshit and it serves only to taunt McJagger and as a lead-in to the boast below.

STFU, noob. I never reccomended him to engage the bear, did i?  How many grizzly bears have you fought with, recently? If you did it'd lead to a grizzly end for you, for sure. Now go and hibernate in your cave,  you unsophisticated barbarian.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2006, 09:15:18 PM »

Just for the record, I want to point out that this statement is absolute bullshit and it serves only to taunt McJagger and as a lead-in to the boast below.

STFU, noob. I never reccomended him to engage the bear, did i?  How many grizzly bears have you fought with, recently? If you did it'd lead to a grizzly end for you, for sure. Now go and hibernate in your cave,  you unsophisticated barbarian.

You obviously don't know the first thing about me.

Why don't you stop posting bullshit.

Oh and EAT FUCK!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2006, 09:17:16 PM »
and in this corner....
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2006, 07:25:02 AM »

Oh and EAT FUCK!

Hey you impertinent young pup, why dont you lose that hangdog look, stop licking up my sick and your sweaty bollocks,  lighten up and clean up your act. Like the dirty dog in this picture.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #274 on: December 06, 2006, 07:38:08 AM »

Oh and EAT FUCK!

Hey you impertinent young pup, why dont you lose that hangdog look, stop licking up my sick and your sweaty bollocks,  lighten up and clean up your act. Like the dirty dog in this picture.

Weamonn,

I am compelled to refute the false information you posted regarding an incredibly beautiful wild animal, the welfare of which is a subject that I care deeply about. Your statement is exactly the kind of ignorant and malicious fear mongery that causes perfectly harmless animals to meet an early death, all too often in my experience.

I pointed out your fallacy with equal respect to you, as a person, and even gave a plausible explanation as to why you would espouse such erroneous bilge, from the start. It was most certainly not a personal attack on you, except in the sense that, if you truly believed what you posted, then that would make you my enemy - a new enemy I have only recently uncovered. My instincts tell me that you are more intelligent than your posted words lead us all to conclude. I hope you won't try to prove me wrong.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Eamonn

« Reply #275 on: December 06, 2006, 07:45:06 AM »
I'm just saying what would happen in the unlikely event that a bear attacks you. What I saw on tv, little fella. No hard feelings, guy.

Oh, and go dance with Yogi bear in the deep woods, you country bumpkin. :finger:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #276 on: December 06, 2006, 08:00:28 AM »

I have shown you no disrespect, that you did not initiate on your own, up to this point.

Simply admit that, even YOU, a non-country bumpkin, would, most likely, be able to survive an encounter with a wild bear without killing it, just as McJagger did and in almost every other case, and the discussion is over. I will be done and you can procede to pwn me in any fashion you care to.

Eamonn

« Reply #277 on: December 06, 2006, 08:05:19 AM »

I have shown you no disrespect, that you did not initiate on your own, up to this point.

Simply admit that, even YOU, a non-country bumpkin, would, most likely, be able to survive an encounter with a wild bear without killing it, just as McJagger did and in almost every other case, and the discussion is over. I will be done and you can procede to pwn me in any fashion you care to.

Depends what you mean by encounter it. If by encounter we are going by the definition as being attacked by a bear then i stand by my assertion that whilst out in the open you should in most circumstances fight back against a black one and play dead when it's a grizzly. That's what i seen on the telly and i'd believe the nature experts over an internet stranger.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #278 on: December 06, 2006, 08:49:57 AM »
Of course, that is the standard and accepted plan that the "nature experts" want everyone to know, in case you are surprised by an animal. I also have noticed that not all animals, even of the same species and environment, follow the exact same behavioral patterns and the prescribed human response needs to be adaptable to each instance. The animals don't watch the same telly broadcasts. Maintaining a heightened awareness, while in bear country, is the best way to ensure that the weakly human can avoid a dangerous encounter.

My main point is that avoiding the attack in the first place is the responsibility of the one who carries the larger brain. It's not the bear's fault if it attacks a human, I contend, and killing it for our mistake is wrong. My original remarks to McJagger were meant to point out the irony, in that he thinks he would have been better off with a firearm than a functioning brain.

Obviously, his pregnant wife's presence curved his thought processes towards the fatal.
However, I am an experienced hunter and I can tell you that large powerful animals don't die just because you shoot them, You must KILL them when the time comes, which means carefully placed shots from a steady hand and a cool, calm head. In fact, often, a couple of poorly placed bullet wounds is not enough to deter a bear from attacking until its last breath. A human may not survive shooting a large, attacking bear, but keeping track of your surroundings will avoid the encounter, most of the time.

Thank you for the opportunity to expand my admonition to him.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #279 on: December 06, 2006, 09:06:24 AM »
so i lost track.

was i majorly pwned here?
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #280 on: December 06, 2006, 09:21:02 AM »
so i lost track.

Absolutely not! You're still here aren't you?

Killing innocent animals for no reason, was pwned.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #281 on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:38 AM »
so i lost track.

where my panties pictures an act of self pwnage?
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2006, 09:27:14 AM »
so i lost track.

where my panties pictures an act of self pwnage?

We should await the results of the final tally, before we judge.

:evillaugh:

Eamonn

« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2006, 09:33:12 AM »
so i lost track.

DirtyDawg claims to be an experienced animal hunter yet professes to care for the animals and be an opponent of anyone who unnecesarily attacks/kills them. Self-pwnage imo.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #284 on: December 06, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »
so i lost track.

DirtyDawg claims to be an experienced animal hunter yet professes to care for the animals and be an opponent of anyone who unnecesarily attacks/kills them. Self-pwnage imo.

What's wrong? Don't you explore both extremes of any important issue, before finding your own place somewhere in the middle of the argument?

Dirt(always self pwned)Dawg  ... A Badge of Honor
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 09:45:46 AM by DirtDawg »