Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19075 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #210 on: November 28, 2006, 07:52:18 AM »
is a person really alive when they do not have peace of mind?  when they lose their freedoms?

You're right. Better to be shot on the spot. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2006, 08:08:09 AM »

life is cyclical litigious. 
as far as freedoms go on the pendulum of life we are not seeing them very clearly lately, and i suspect that we will lose many more, before people have the balls enough to say wtf.  and a revolution happens and anarchy prevails.

Americans still have the prescious right to bear arms, but most of you haven't understood the whole point of it. It's very sad. We don't have the right to bear arms publically here, but we can't (yet) be court-marshalled as civilians.

Quote from: McJagger
i am not a fan of order, if you haven't been able to guess.  but only order, when it is a written law that tells me to act with common sense.

I've been able to guess. +1 for you.  ;)

Litigious

« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2006, 08:09:59 AM »

Better to die like a man than a slaughter sheep, if possible.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2006, 08:19:01 AM »

But she wouldn't have died if she hadn't have had a gun to start shooting at the cops with. Just pointing out the irony is all.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:23:58 AM by purposefulinsanity »

Litigious

« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2006, 08:24:10 AM »
But she wouldn't have died if she hadn't have had a gun to start shooting at the cops with.

What if the cops had been criminals? What would she have done than? In your country or mine she would have been killed or badly wounded, because a 92 year old woman can't buy a gun like a free person here. How many 92 year olds are members of a fucking shooting club? And aren't one hand guns totally banned in private homes in the UK? In Sweden they still aren't, even if it's ridiculously hard to get a permit to keep a gun if you aren't extremely "reliable" and have your own gun safe to keep it in.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »
Most 92-year olds are not reliable enough, in my humble opinion. I have yet to meet even one that is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2006, 08:41:13 AM »
No. But it would break my heart to see my grandmother being a victim because she couldn't defend herself. Am I allowed to revenge on the criminals or even on the legislators for causing that to her? No, of course not!  :grrr:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #217 on: November 28, 2006, 12:05:05 PM »

But she wouldn't have died if she hadn't have had a gun to start shooting at the cops with. Just pointing out the irony is all.

Don't be too sure of that. 

In Denver, an elderly man, Frank Lobato, was shot and killed by policeman Ranjan Ford in his bed because he was holding a can of Pepsi when police burst into his home and bedroom. 

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3519766/detail.html

Also in Denver, a developmentally disabled 15 year old, Paul Childs, was shot four times and killed by policeman James Turney because he failed to put down a kitchen knife he was holding when Turney ordered him to do so.  Paul's family believe that Paul failed to understand the command and that he posed no imminent deadly threat to anyone.  Paul was inside the house behind a screen door and the policemen were outside.  James Turney had brought Paul home before when he had wandered away and knew of his condition.  Also, there were several policemen armed with Tasers which they had drawn on the scene but Turney fired his revolver four times into Paul Childs anyway.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2558560/detail.html

In the same neighborhood, James Turney also shot and killed another disabled teenager, Gregory Smith, Jr. six months before because the teenager was hearing impaired and did not hear him telling him to put down his pocket knife.  In this case, Gregory was at the bottom of a stairwell and James Turney was at the top, out of knife range.

http://www.deaftoday.com/news/archives/003968.html

Turney was suspended for ten months, but the police protested his suspension, saying that he was justified in killing the two children.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3018685/detail.html

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #218 on: November 28, 2006, 12:42:02 PM »
Most 92-year olds are not reliable enough, in my humble opinion. I have yet to meet even one that is.

she took three seperate shots and hit three policemen.  nice shot, i'd say.  they just wear that bullet proof stuff.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2006, 12:45:13 PM »
Cops shoot people to death on occasions in Sweden too for things like those you linked to. It has happened that unarmed thieves and mentally disabled people with knives have been shoot, though they were by far out of knife range. Unlike British cops Swedish cops are always armed. The citizens have as little right to carry arms in public in both countries, though. 

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #220 on: November 28, 2006, 04:48:03 PM »
No. But it would break my heart to see my grandmother being a victim because she couldn't defend herself. Am I allowed to revenge on the criminals or even on the legislators for causing that to her? No, of course not!  :grrr:

The risk of your grandmother getting hurt because she doesn't own a gun is pretty small. If you're worried about her, make her move to the countryside, never go out on trafficked roads, and eat right.

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2006, 06:47:42 AM »

The risk of your grandmother getting hurt because she doesn't own a gun is pretty small. If you're worried about her, make her move to the countryside, never go out on trafficked roads, and eat right.

and get her to kick her heroin habit.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2006, 07:02:20 AM »
Made me LOL, McJ. + :LMAO:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #223 on: November 29, 2006, 07:10:05 AM »
We should have the right to bear arms.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #224 on: November 29, 2006, 07:12:09 AM »
We should have the right to bear arms.
and we should have the right to UN-arm dick cheney.
Misunderstood.