Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19194 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »
just to make this point clear:

i have the right to, but i do not own a firearm.
however, i would certainly like to continue the right to purchase one.  as it stands today, i have young children in my home and think it is wiser not to have one on the premisis.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2006, 04:11:49 PM »
just to make this point clear:

i have the right to, but i do not own a firearm.
however, i would certainly like to continue the right to purchase one.  as it stands today, i have young children in my home and think it is wiser not to have one on the premisis.

Oh, but that's just what I think. Guns should be pretty easy available for law abiding adults. But if you don't need a gun and isn't very interested in shooting and additionally have kids, it's wiser not to have one. But the possibility should always be there.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2006, 04:23:59 PM »
right,  since guns are available, and they do in fact exist, i prefer to make that decision on my own.  especially if, i count myself as a free person.  free to make choices on how i can best pursue life, libberty and the pursuit of happiness.
with that, i reckon that the right to feel safe in my own home (or wherever) is a must.
Misunderstood.

Eamonn

« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2006, 04:42:56 PM »
Id feel a lot safer if i had weapons of mass destruction. Damn government better not interfere. :wanker:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »
I'd feel safer if I had some anthrax.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2006, 05:31:46 PM »
Me too. What a coincidence.  ???

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2006, 05:33:37 PM »
I'd like it in a sealed envelope. You too?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2006, 05:34:26 PM »
Anytime.  8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2006, 05:35:44 PM »
look at odeon and eamonn, boy do they make strange bedfellows.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2006, 05:38:05 PM »
I'd kill them softly while he used brute force.  :eyebrows:

- Albert Einstein

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »

You're telling me that a 92-yo that shoots first and asks questions later is of sound mind and body? ???

She was afraid. She didn't have to be senile. But I agree there's something wrong when a 92 year old has to be that scared in her own home.
i bet she would have been even more afraid if she didn't have her gun as piece of mind.

She'd still be alive though.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2006, 06:38:44 AM »

You're telling me that a 92-yo that shoots first and asks questions later is of sound mind and body? ???

She was afraid. She didn't have to be senile. But I agree there's something wrong when a 92 year old has to be that scared in her own home.
i bet she would have been even more afraid if she didn't have her gun as piece of mind.

is a person really alive when they do not have peace of mind?  when they lose their freedoms?
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2006, 06:45:39 AM »

is a person really alive when they do not have peace of mind?  when they lose their freedoms?

Not at all, but my previous post was a joke, an attempt to see the dark humour in the situation.

Litigious

« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2006, 06:46:51 AM »

I dont think so. We are doomed and dead in this cowardly Europe, and, unfortunately, people are in some US states too. I hope that at least the whole US won't lose the battle.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2006, 06:53:56 AM »

I dont think so. We are doomed and dead in this cowardly Europe, and, unfortunately, people are in some US states too. I hope that at least the whole US won't lose the battle.

life is cyclical litigious. 
as far as freedoms go on the pendulum of life we are not seeing them very clearly lately, and i suspect that we will lose many more, before people have the balls enough to say wtf.  and a revolution happens and anarchy prevails.

i am not a fan of order, if you haven't been able to guess.  but only order, when it is a written law that tells me to act with common sense.
Misunderstood.