Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 19251 times)

TheoK

Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #555 on: December 09, 2008, 02:17:22 AM »
I hate humanity. I'd luuurve a nuclear war or a comet hitting Earth.  8)

Same.

How prepared are you for defending, as needed, or sharing, as you chose, your food, shelter, fuel and water stores?

Do I need to worry about you?

What I don't have I'll steal.  8)

But, you have no personal weapons.

How will you assert your dominance over those who have more than you? Stealing requires courage, determination, planning, luck, force and disregard for another person's wish for peace.

How will you deal with approaching a well established compound with nothing but your superior knowledge, which no one with a gun to defend their wish for peace will care about?

I can get it. I have gotten other things that I didn't have, like that Carl Gustav grenade. By the way, except for the military and the pigs, the best equipped with guns in this country are the criminals, thanks to the stupid gun laws. Even most ordinary people who have them have just hunting rifles and pistols, while motorcycle gangs and mafia have machine guns and bazookas. And in a situation with almost total chaos, I wouldn't hesitate to kill a cop to get a gun to start with, for example. No problem at all.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:28:23 AM by TheoK »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #556 on: December 09, 2008, 02:55:15 AM »

it was nearly 25 years ago, p7psp, and yes, it's saved a lot of lives.
Okay, I thought you were referring to tweaking the existing tests to make possible even earlier detection. That's cool that you were in on the very early research in that area.

it was very exciting, although having to deal with all the positive results was saddening.  i started working in the lab just as the whole AIDS thing blew up in the UK, so it really was cutting edge stuff.  i actually worked with all the people who were interviewed or on the news as "experts", including those from the US and other places.  i was never "famous", but i got half a PhD and was published in "The Lancet".

P7PSP

« Reply #557 on: December 09, 2008, 03:53:25 AM »
I've been clean from dope & liquor for 13 years now. I went to meetings with some regularity for the first four years of being clean, as far as I know there is still a stigma about aids that Hep C doesn't have. I met a few people with Hep C in the fellowship, including my sponsor, but only two who mentioned HIV. My best friend from High School died of Hep C in July of 2005, he had been DX'ed in 1994 and was too full of macho psychopathic stupidity too quit the drinking and crank until it was to late for meds to do him any good. His widow is probably better off financially since Jim didn't work very often but now she's fucked up with being alone in Oklahoma. Jim's older brother Jerry Jr turned gay sometime in the 1980s, I wasn't actually sure if I even wanted to talk to him when I heard that. Next time I saw him he was HIV + turning to full blown Aids and his partner had already died if it. So after his sisters funeral (died of cancer) I went to see him in the Hospital and he looked as fucked up as the pictures of Rock Hudson's final days that were published after his death. This was 3 years before Jim died and I didn't think Jerry would last 2 months looking at him and was concerned how this would affect his parents, they were like aunt & uncle to me. Jerry somehow pulled out of that and lived to attend Jims funeral and his dads in 2006. Life can be fucked up, out of 5 children that Joan had that I used to drink and get high with 2 are dead and no one knows how long Jerry can hang on and she lost her husband of 49 years. I made a point of going over for a while after those funerals to replace light fixtures and hanging fans and such for her but I am no good at expressing shit and I fucking hate crying at funerals. There's worse things than doing a good job and not getting an attaboy for it, and BTW the Lancet is even known to laymen on this side of the pond.  :thumbup:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #558 on: December 09, 2008, 04:31:50 AM »
yes, it's not pretty.

but bloody well done for you keeping clean for 13 years.  that's such an achievement - i hope you're really proud of yourself.  :clap:   :plus:

P7PSP

« Reply #559 on: December 10, 2008, 04:44:17 AM »
Thanks Lucifer, I got a little long winded there. Discussion of your research just got me thinking about blood borne pathogens in general and how they have affected people I know and care about. I am thankful that my own drug use didn't result in Hep C, HIV or liver damage.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #560 on: December 10, 2008, 05:00:29 AM »
Thanks Lucifer, I got a little long winded there. Discussion of your research just got me thinking about blood borne pathogens in general and how they have affected people I know and care about. I am thankful that my own drug use didn't result in Hep C, HIV or liver damage.

:indeed:

it gives one a completely different perspective on things, doesn't it?

TheoK

« Reply #561 on: December 10, 2008, 05:39:05 AM »
Gun laws in practice:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #562 on: December 10, 2008, 03:41:50 PM »
:bssign:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #563 on: December 14, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
MIRAMAR, Fla. – Police say a pizza delivery man fought back with the one weapon he had handy when a gun was pulled on him in a stickup: A large, hot pepperoni pizza.

Delivery man Eric Lopez Devictoria, 40, flung the steaming pie at the gunman, buying time as he ran for safety, police said.

At least one shot was fired as Devictoria fled, but the deliveryman wasn't hurt and was able to quickly call police, according to authorities.

Three teenage suspects were nabbed soon after Wednesday's run-in with the cheesy weapon, police said, adding they were charged with armed robbery.

I think we need pizza control :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #564 on: December 14, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
I volunteer to look after unlicenced pizzas. No questions asked.  :angel:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #565 on: January 16, 2009, 10:24:22 PM »
I will make it very simple. Come and try to take away my firearms. I will kill you. Understand me?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

TheoK

« Reply #566 on: January 17, 2009, 04:33:24 AM »
I will make it very simple. Come and try to take away my firearms. I will kill you. Understand me?

:agreed: :plus:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #567 on: January 17, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »

And end up in jail?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #568 on: January 17, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »

And end up in jail?

If everyone had guns, there would be no cowardly henchmen that could drag people to jail. The people would kill them.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #569 on: January 17, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »

And end up in jail?

If everyone had guns, there would be no cowardly henchmen that could drag people to jail. The people would kill them.

If everyone had guns, a lot of people would end up dead.

- Albert Einstein