Author Topic: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.  (Read 14323 times)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Could no longer bite my tongue on this...you know me.
« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2013, 01:20:53 PM »
It was a good post but one I partly disagree with. I still think the concept of this place is sound. I still think that here, it is possible to discuss things honestly. I still think I2 does enable the spazzes. Yes, there are people who will watch for an opening, any opening, and then go for the kill, but I don't find that to be the norm.

Unlike the other places, I2 is what you make it to be.

Yeah, when I first heard about it and also when I first got here, I thought this place was mainly to fight and troll others and test your sensitivity and all that. And while there is that stuff here in this forum, I've come to realize this is more a community for a select group of somewhat like-minded Aspies unhindered by rules that a common forum would have.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
It was a good post but one I partly disagree with. I still think the concept of this place is sound. I still think that here, it is possible to discuss things honestly. I still think I2 does enable the spazzes. Yes, there are people who will watch for an opening, any opening, and then go for the kill, but I don't find that to be the norm.

Unlike the other places, I2 is what you make it to be.

Yeah, when I first heard about it and also when I first got here, I thought this place was mainly to fight and troll others and test your sensitivity and all that. And while there is that stuff here in this forum, I've come to realize this is more a community for a select group of somewhat like-minded Aspies unhindered by rules that a common forum would have.

I have to admit that my views have become tempered since leaving.  I do get some of this, but I also like the other.  :)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #422 on: February 23, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »
Oh, it's fun sometimes to flame people. I can't deny that.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #423 on: February 23, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »
Very true. It is a big part of this place. A necessary and good part of this place . There is other good stuff I like about this place too.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #424 on: February 23, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
Very true. It is a big part of this place. A necessary and good part of this place .  There is other good stuff I like about this place too.

I must admit I joined largely for the smilies.   :flyingbat:    Admit it, they're the best!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #425 on: February 23, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »
They are teh awesome.

But I've made some very good friends here too. That's what I think is the best thing about I2.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #426 on: February 23, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »
They are teh awesome.

But I've made some very good friends here too. That's what I think is the best thing about I2.

Oh yes, I joined for the smilies (and the snark), but stayed for the friends.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #427 on: February 23, 2013, 10:16:54 AM »
:hug:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #428 on: December 24, 2014, 12:37:57 PM »
There has to be something seriously wrong with Pandora if she's still with TCO.   :nerdy:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #429 on: December 24, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
There has to be something seriously wrong with Pandora if she's still with TCO.   :nerdy:

No idea if she is or not

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #430 on: December 25, 2014, 03:30:32 AM »
Just read through this whole thing. I don't see why it should be reopened.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #431 on: December 25, 2014, 07:01:38 AM »
Just read through this whole thing. I don't see why it should be reopened.

Nor I

Hannah

« Reply #432 on: January 04, 2015, 11:50:21 PM »
eh it's a blot on history, we all have ours...and we learn from them...I love this community because you all are auties, are insane in a good way...and for the most part are honest...we bumble along, and you know swhat we rock for it...we're still here, and still standing...that says a lot to me... :clap: