Author Topic: China Syndrome  (Read 813 times)

Osensitive1

Re: China Syndrome
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »
Haven't seen them, but can't tell what's being promoted in the sample. After the astronauts, it says Chinese friendship, although tough to read with all the motion and small letters. Maybe friendship is it?
I think the Chinese are trying to prevent a war between us and them, once we realize just how bad they have raped the US economy.
Are the Chinese funding these adverts? Maybe it's America trying to prevent war. Have heard of some who think a war with China is the only way we will be able to settle our debt. Maybe it's a baby step toward desensitizing the public to some type of future merge.

Osensitive1

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »
The advert is produced by the Chinese.

China’s Publicity Ads Arrive in Times Square
By JAMES BARRON

Niko Koppel/The New York Times

A video billboard in Times Square.China has established an extra large, extra red beachhead in Times Square. In an advertising push the state news agency Xinhua described as a “public diplomacy campaign” that coincides with President Hu Jintao’s visit to the United States this week, China is running a 60-second video on a series of billboard-size screens on Broadway. Some of the screens stay red — with Chinese characters in white — while the video is playing on the other screens with images of Chinese celebrities like the martial-arts movie star Jackie Chan; the basketball player Yao Ming; the astronaut Yang Liwei; and the pianists Lang Lang and Yundi. Xinhua said the video would be shown 15 times an hour, 20 hours a day, through Feb. 14, and on CNN through Feb. 13.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/chinas-publicity-ads-arrive-in-times-square/

The video posted on the previous page seems to be the whole thing, though maybe cut up for tv commercial purposes.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:22:55 AM by Osensitive1 »

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 05:24:25 AM »
Despite the niceties, I bet actual relations between US and China are rather strained, and China has America by the economic 'balls', so America can't do too much against them. It's also possible that China is anticipating the collapse of the US economy and this is actually 'advertising' for those to come to them to escape the financial apocalypse of western world, maybe. I truly doubt this is merely about "improving relationships" and is merely a cover to soften the propaganda. The ad also seems more structured to attract business types and investors, rather than just anyone. The location of showing this ad is even strategic in nature, and not just for the popularity of Times Square either.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Scrapheap

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 09:58:48 AM »
Despite the niceties, I bet actual relations between US and China are rather strained, and China has America by the economic 'balls', so America can't do too much against them. It's also possible that China is anticipating the collapse of the US economy and this is actually 'advertising' for those to come to them to escape the financial apocalypse of western world, maybe. I truly doubt this is merely about "improving relationships" and is merely a cover to soften the propaganda. The ad also seems more structured to attract business types and investors, rather than just anyone. The location of showing this ad is even strategic in nature, and not just for the popularity of Times Square either.

:indeed:

I could smell the duplicity the second i saw them.

Osensitive1

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »
the financial apocalypse of western world,
:)