Educational

Author Topic: gas prices  (Read 3914 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: gas prices
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 12:47:52 AM »
I don't see gas going down to $1.00 anymore though.

Yeah i know, that sucks. Id be happy to see it a $2 a gallon though.
Yeah that would better than $3.00 a gallon gas for sure in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 01:02:24 AM »
the lack of foresight, the ignorance, the selfishness and the irresponsbility continue to astonish me.

i fucking well give up with some people.  part of me thinks they deserve everything that happens to them.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 01:07:23 AM »
Don't give up just yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 01:10:22 AM »
there's a march in london on saturday the 4th of november.  i shall be going.  here's some info about it:

http://www.campaigncc.org/

there's also info on the global campaign.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 01:15:37 AM »
Interesting... Thanks for the link.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 01:19:55 AM »
the lack of foresight, the ignorance, the selfishness and the irresponsbility continue to astonish me.

i fucking well give up with some people.  part of me thinks they deserve everything that happens to them.
You must remember what happens to them effects all of Us in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 01:23:38 AM »
you might want to remember that when all the low-lying cities on the eastern seaboard are under 20 feet of water, kevv.  YOU must remember that events like the tsunami of 2004 and hurricane katrina last year are the end of a process which starts (in part) with your "$1 a gallon" petrol.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 01:24:25 AM »
hy-brid.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 01:25:26 AM »
Actually the tsunami happened for different reasons entirely, and the jury's still out on Katrina.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 01:28:57 AM »
seeing as he's american, i didn't think he'd be particularly interested in what was happening in places such as the eastern coast of the UK, and in bangladesh. 

i used the examples above as i thought there might be a vague chance an american may know where they are.  and this is going by all the things i'm informed about the media not covering much that happens outside of the US, and not a personal go at kevv.

thanks for the support...

as i said...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:31:37 AM by Lucifer »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 01:42:58 AM »
I can understand that, but don't use examples that have nothing to do with gas prices. That's not helping the cause at all.

If you want a truly scary one, consider the report from a week or two ago that said that in 70 years, a third or so of the globe will be barren, with about as much water as the Gobi desert.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 01:58:43 AM »
you might want to remember that when all the low-lying cities on the eastern seaboard are under 20 feet of water, kevv.  YOU must remember that events like the tsunami of 2004 and hurricane katrina last year are the end of a process which starts (in part) with your "$1 a gallon" petrol.
As I said $1.00 gas is a thing of the past I believe and will not come back if ever in the end. I don't even drive anymore either walk or use public transportation or cab here and there.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 03:40:08 AM »
seeing as he's american, i didn't think he'd be particularly interested in what was happening in places such as the eastern coast of the UK, and in bangladesh. 

i used the examples above as i thought there might be a vague chance an american may know where they are.  and this is going by all the things i'm informed about the media not covering much that happens outside of the US, and not a personal go at kevv.

as i said...

The part in bold comes across to me as a personal go at Kevv, even if you did not intend it that way, Lucifer.

The underlined part comes across to me as a dig at all Americans in general.

What some Europeans do not seem to understand is how huge the distances are here in the US and some of them seem to think that it would be practical for us to walk everywhere rather than driving, and if we don't we are ignorant, selfish and irresponsible, which I think is a bit snobbish of them.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 04:33:25 AM »
the hybrids that i am talking about are mostly batteries that use very little gas.

about 60-70 miles per gallon.

I've read the hybrids are not getting close to what the manufacturer claims.

VW diesels are where it's at.
Plenty of power and I'm averaging 40 mpg....it'll get 50+ on the highway...even higher if I drove the speedlimit :police:
Almost non-existant green house gass emissions, fuel is less refined which conserves energy and helps the environment, will run on bio-diesel made from used cooking oil.

Diesels pump out a lot of particulates, which particularly affects cyclists, since they share lanes with diesel buses and taxis.  Being stuck behind an old bus as it pulls out from the bus stop and ejects a billowing cloud of black soot is hardly a pleasant experience, and leaves my lungs feeling like they've been coated in filth (which, incidentally, they have).
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 04:42:02 AM »

as i said...

The part in bold comes across to me as a personal go at Kevv, even if you did not intend it that way, Lucifer.

The underlined part comes across to me as a dig at all Americans in general.

What some Europeans do not seem to understand is how huge the distances are here in the US and some of them seem to think that it would be practical for us to walk everywhere rather than driving, and if we don't we are ignorant, selfish and irresponsible, which I think is a bit snobbish of them.
I don't be a bit snobbish gas price here in the U.S. will never though go below $1.00 a gallon in the U.S. either anymore. If it was a personsonal dig at Me Lucifer You are wrong I believe for I look beyond it all in the end. It will all effect Us in the in end too. For that is how this worlds works does it not. We have gas cheaper here than Europe always have too. But China and India have stopped that and now consume more oil and gas today Russia has become a bigger producer of oil Than Saudi Arabia today too. We can maybe blame the Russians for lower oil prices in the U.S.. Not the political climate here in the U.S. in the end. It is matter prospective Lucifer is it not. To Me it not matters Who is right or wrong it how it is in the end. Nothing more than that. Prices could have gone down here in the U.S. because of demand or supply here in the U.S.. China and India have become the newest consumers of oil today in this world. So $1.00 a gallon gas here in the U.S. will never be seen any that is how I see it. Europe has done it differently right or wrong it is done differently. That is what matters here in America not in Europe in the end. Read what I say carefully all.
Guardian of the Empire