Author Topic: gas prices  (Read 3934 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: gas prices
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2006, 05:25:42 PM »
Actually he's pretty much pwned already... :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2006, 05:28:25 PM »
Are you buying the bs from Bush, Blair, and "allies" to justify a war
I though Bush and Blair where the good guys. ;) :eyebrows:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2006, 05:32:35 PM »
They think so too, every now and then.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2006, 05:38:28 PM »
They think so too, every now and then.
Yeah I know they do. :LOL:
Guardian of the Empire

Litigious

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2006, 08:37:58 PM »

They can. The majority of muslims are just as peaceful as the majority of Christians, atheists, ... And just as logical. Or illogical.

Are you buying the bs from Bush, Blair, and "allies" to justify a war agains a fucking noun, or do you claim some originality regarding your statement?

I mean that religious people in general can't be reasoned with that much and fundamentalists at the least. And even if most muslims are peaceful, they're not protesting much against the minority of violent, more or less insane muslims. Millions of people in Europe and America are protesting against Bush and Blair. Are millions of muslims protesting against Usama bin Laden or Saddam?

hiroshima

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2006, 08:57:38 PM »
Millions of people in Europe and America are protesting against Bush and Blair. Are millions of muslims protesting against Usama bin Laden or Saddam?

Wow, good point.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2006, 09:10:20 PM »

They can. The majority of muslims are just as peaceful as the majority of Christians, atheists, ... And just as logical. Or illogical.

Are you buying the bs from Bush, Blair, and "allies" to justify a war agains a fucking noun, or do you claim some originality regarding your statement?

I mean that religious people in general can't be reasoned with that much and fundamentalists at the least. And even if most muslims are peaceful, they're not protesting much against the minority of violent, more or less insane muslims. Millions of people in Europe and America are protesting against Bush and Blair. Are millions of muslims protesting against Usama bin Laden or Saddam?
Those are some very good points Litigious I agree 100% too.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2006, 04:03:09 PM »

While Saddam was in power, it was hard to say anything about him without being arrested. Iraqi muslims outside Iraq did protest, and it was mentioned in the news. Not enough, but that's probably because nobody listened to them. Bush and Blair are more visible because they have a lot more firepower.

Also, after 9/11, most muslims thought it was wise to just shut up--Bush and Blair both used the media to paint a picture of muslims as evil fundamentalists. And you bought it, apparently.

If you had followed the alternative news reporting, you would have seen a whole different picture. Did you read John Pilger's articles, for example?

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2006, 05:19:12 PM »

Also, after 9/11, most muslims thought it was wise to just shut up--Bush and Blair both used the media to paint a picture of muslims as evil fundamentalists. And you bought it, apparently.

No, that idea I already had. There is a small clique of really crazy fundamentalists but most of the "modest" muslims seem to be quiet followers.

If you had followed the alternative news reporting, you would have seen a whole different picture. Did you read John Pilger's articles, for example?

I've seen that as well, but I don't know what to believe. I think any religious maniacs are just maniacs. On the other hand, I don't think that Bush and Blair are doing anything for anyone else but for themselves. But however, I can't sympatize with islam.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2006, 05:22:10 PM »

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »
Yes, war is always, brutal, dirty and has very few, if any, noble purposes.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2006, 01:54:48 AM »
Are millions of muslims protesting against Usama bin Laden or Saddam?

for saddam hussein - well, of course they weren't.  not live ones, anyway.  and as for bin laden: some were, yes.  the popular media weren't too keen on highlighting theose people, though, of course.  i heard plenty who were.  i believe it depends on which news reports you listen to/watch/read.

i agree that all fundamentals - religious, cultural, political, ideological - are well-named: they're mental.  and, thereby, dangerous.  by that, i do mean the leaders, as most of the followers tend to be easily-influenced sheep, rather than psychotic maniacs.

there are several things about islam i have problems with, but then there isn't a belief/lifestyle system in the world i don't have a problem with, for one reason or another.  no need to paint everyone the same, though, just cos the nutters are the loudest and most explosive (literally).  after all, if we judge everyone by the actions of a few, then all we people with AS are likely to be will freunds (which is exactly a year ago today, by the way).

Litigious

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2006, 06:47:27 AM »
That guy on WP? Only heard a little about it.

If I'd been an American, it could have been me. As a teenager I probably wouldn't have hesitated to buy guns and use them against the bullies that made my life a living hell if it'd been so easy as in the US. I really think bullies deserve to die or, even better, get crippled for life. They're trying to kill their victims, if even not directly, and are often successful, at least by killing them mentally. But the US system of "justice" would have had even less understanding for an AS vengeancing on his bullies than the Swedish. 

Offline Cryono

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2006, 03:25:51 AM »
Ask why gas companies are making record profits every quarter (http://finance.google.com/finance?q=XOM check out the income statements of the related companies, as well) and I think you'll have your answer.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2006, 07:35:51 AM »
Ask why gas companies are making record profits every quarter (http://finance.google.com/finance?q=XOM check out the income statements of the related companies, as well) and I think you'll have your answer.

pikkachoo.

forgive me, i had to sneeze while reading this thread.
Misunderstood.