Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 345 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Death Penalty
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »
Do you support the death penalty?

I think a better alternative for child abusers (for example) is to test medicines etc on them - that way appease the animal rights activists at the same time  :zoinks:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Death Penalty
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »
I think there are some crimes where the people who commit them have no right to live anymore, but I think there almost always could be some question about the convicted person's guilt.  I would hate to execute an innocent person more than I would hate to put him in prison for the rest of his life, because you could always let him out of prison if you find out later he's innocent, but you couldn't resurrect him after he's dead.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »
I don't agree with the death penalty, but I don't agree with murderers getting back on the streets within 10 years either. I think most murderers should spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Scrapheap

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:09:31 PM »
I used to support the death penalty, but then the great Christopher Hitchens :respect:, made an argument that I can't refute.

"As a Libertarian, you must deny the State the power of life and death over its citizens. A government that has that power is fascistic by nature"

Osensitive1

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 09:13:31 PM »
That's a good quote, Scrapheap.

Osensitive1

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:15:18 PM »
I don't agree with the death penalty, but I don't agree with murderers getting back on the streets within 10 years either.
Same here. Killing people for killing people seems off, and there's always the question of what the executioner's punishment should be.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:23:38 PM by Osensitive1 »

Scrapheap

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »
That's a good quote, Scrapheap.

Christopher Hitchens is GOD!!! :fsm:  :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 10:25:57 AM »
One of the problems is that the people who get it are the people who can't mount an all out legal defense to get out of it and many times are under represented, who was the last rich person you heard of receiving it.  With all the overturned convictions due to DNA evidence in the last ten years who can people be sure.  Even when they are the state taking lives just seems wrong.  I believe some of the really bad ones should be compelled to undergo intensive study so we can figure out what makes them act the way they do and what can be done to prevent it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »