Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2537 times)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Hi!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 05:48:04 AM »
My untrimmed pussy -- in bed!

I was going to pick on you, but you immediately attacked my weak point.  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 05:52:43 AM »

Gorgeous cat! Boy or girl? Siamese, Burmese, what breed? We must know more!  :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 05:54:02 AM »
Looks like a point to me.
I will never stop...

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 05:59:29 AM »
Wow what a intro :o  I assume you not the sensitive type :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 06:01:39 AM »
Wow what a intro :o  I assume you not the sensitive type :zoinks:

She seems pretty :viking: !
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 09:14:25 AM »
"I2 seems more like a bar/cafe/hangout in a basement with ragged sofas and old posters where people actually try to say what they are thinking, get called on their b.s. and get encouragement when needed. A bunch of rude, crude, socially unacceptable discussions."

Spot on description.  Even Queen Victoria lets her hair down here and pole dances occasionally.  Yes, ya'll missed it.  Better luck next time guys.

Welcome and give them what for.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 09:41:16 AM »
How I got here:

I don't remember being born, but I believe I was.

I’ve always known I’m not like most people. Even as a kid I could tell other kids understood stuff that didn’t make any sense to me. Most people do not say what they mean or mean what they say. Somehow other kids could navigate the chaos. Its like there were instructions in a color I couldn't see. I got a lot of, “How can you not know…?” What a stupid question! I’d typically shake my head -- to clear the ambient stupidity -- and explain that while I do know somethings (mostly weird trivia), there is much more that I do not know. Information that isn’t in my head is unknown to me. That is how I don’t know… stuff.

When I didn't understand something and I asked about it, adults often told me, “Don’t get smart with me.” I figured out that they didn’t like my questions. I could not figure out how being confused was being smart. Or why being smart was wrong. <sigh>

As a young adult, I knew I was maladapted to the culture/society around me. I couldn’t even figure out how to measure/attribute what aggravated and what mitigated my issues. I figured my dad helped mitigate damage from my unstable mother and that my logic and literalness mitigated being raised in an evangelical cult. Socializing aggravates my anxiety. Solitude helps restore calmness. I simply cannot relax when I have to interact with people. I read (pre-internet) about multiple personalities, various mental/emotional conditions, cult mentality, effects of brain damage, a whole bunch of science fiction and a little bit about anything & everything including etiquette. 

I had read about autism, stuff written by parents, experts, etc. I had been intrigued. I thought rocking in a corner sounded kind of soothing, but I sure wasn’t going to do it in public. I usually try to be unnoticed, virtually invisible. Rocking, moaning/humming and flapping would just get more people to try harder to fix me. Also, I could interact with others, though it was exhausting and confusing. In school I’d sucked at math, but I’d always read above far above my grade level.           

Recently, my shrink said that I might have more in common with aspergian folks. I went to some different counsellors in my late teens & had some good and some very bad experiences. I ***really*** do not like it when someone tells me what I think or believe. My shrink knows this and presented the idea carefully.

So I went online and looked up aspergers syndrome. More parents and experts discussing how to fix a problem child, anti-vax nutjobs, Rainman, and WP and AFF. The name “Wrong Planet” was promising, but I found that I preferred AFF. So I lurked.

Then my family had a small reunion. I’d intended to not mention anything to my family -- they seem to think that many of my ideas are pretty far out there. My cousin Bev asked me if I had ever thought about if I have aspergers. Her son was recently diagnosed and she said that I kept coming to mind as she learned more about aspergers. Bev had been around a lot when I was a kid, but not much after I was about 14 years old (she got married, had kid, got divorced, had more kids). Her question about floored me. I said that someone had recently suggested the idea and that it did seem to fit.

I went back home and continued poking around the web. Eventually, I came across a link to this place. I was delighted.

To me, WP seems like support services for AS folks, their families and caretakers. AFF seems less formal and more about each other, the folks who actually are on the spectrum; I still lurk occasionally. I2 seems more like a bar/cafe/hangout in a basement with ragged sofas and old posters where people actually try to say what they are thinking, get called on their b.s. and get encouragement when needed. A bunch of rude, crude, socially unacceptable discussions. Perfect. I’ve lurked for a while. But finally, I had to see the collection of smilies, so I registered.   :weird:

I don’t know if I want to get an official dx. I’d have to consider the cost/benefits. I don’t see any real benefits just yet, so I’m not yet inclined to bother. I'm skeptical about practically everything and suspicious of people who want to figure out what is wrong with me.     

Doubt is my dogma.

Your childhood sounds a lot like mine in some ways, although I was lucky enough to have a great mother.

I can still hear other adults saying "Don't get smart with me" in my head, though.

I love your description of Intensity and I'm glad you found us.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »

I was going to pick on you, but you immediately attacked my weak point.  :zoinks:

:lol:

Welcome to I2  8) Don't mind the horny bastards. They all have their moments but eventually they crawl back to their corners. ;)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »

:lol:

Welcome to I2  8) Don't mind the horny bastards. They all have their moments but eventually they crawl back to their corners. ;)

Or back into their pants.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Scrapheap

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 11:03:17 AM »

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:32 AM »
Actually my weakness is adorable cats.  :green:
I will never stop...

Celticgoddess

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 11:48:55 AM »
Actually my weakness is adorable cats.  :green:

You mean it's not horny bastards? Or in your case, horny bastardesses? :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »
Welcome to I2. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline queereality

• Rookie (be kind to me)
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »
Are you another weeble?

Maybe an upside-down weeble. Unfortunately I do fall down a lot if I'm not paying attention.

Do you give good oral?

Are you into anal?

Will you post n00dz of yourself?

Not sure about the oral. I am good with my hands.

Do you like anal? Goody!   :evillaugh:

<twang>  Bend over, boyfriend!   /red-neck twang

As for the n00dz, what do I get out of it? I don't want to see n00dz of you, so that's out!

Gorgeous cat! Boy or girl? Siamese, Burmese, what breed? We must know more!  :heart:

Zeke was a he, but I had him improved.  >:D   He was a foundling. I fed him from a bottle from when he was about 3 days old. Obviously, he's got a lot of Siamese/Burmese -- he could be purebred for all I know, but the genotype(?) is pretty dominant so I can only guess. The pic is from a few years ago. He's 15 yrs. old now.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 02:07:51 PM »
Welcome to reality of i2 fellow newbie and I see you already got the hang of it, just 10 posts and you shall see the whole world open in front of your eyes. :orly:

Care for a free muffin? :thumbup:
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks: