Author Topic: Strewth, its Bazza  (Read 1126 times)

Bazza

Strewth, its Bazza
« on: August 29, 2006, 11:34:52 PM »
Hi all

Bazza (a.k.a. Barry McKenzie) was an Aussie cult movie in the 70's. (no relation to Peter McKenzie.  Incidently PeterMcKenzie you don't want to change your avatar do you?).

Someone here suggested I2 may be more interesting to me than WP (full of kids).

I am not diagnosed, but know I have AS traits (especially when I was younger), if not AS. 

My very earliest memory is of being teased about the way I speak.  Then, if I could avoid speaking, I would.  After I had kids myself who needed speach therapy, I always wondered why I didn't have speech therapy.  I only recall one visit to a speach therapist, but in the 1960's I suppose it was less availalbe than now.

I was a big kid (not fat) so I was never physically bullied, but always hated my voice.  I went to an all boys school from yr 1 - yr 12.  I didn't really know any girls until I went to college, but that was engineering and there were only 2 girls in my year.

Dropped out of engineering where I had no friends and joined the public (civil) service and the Army Reserve (Infantry).  I found both these good.  I was sent on lots of courses and the army is all about team bonding and helping your mates (it was said our training is about imposing as much hardship and discomfort on you as possible to see if you can still work as a team).

Went on my first date when I was about 19 or 20.  First steady/serious girlfriend at age 25.  Married her age 26.  Now have 2 sons (age 15 & 13).  Younger one shows some aspie traits, but is very confident and good at sports, unlike me.

When I heard about AS (only a few months ago) it sounded very much like me.  However seeing others experiences on WP I have some self doubts whether AS is me, as their problems seems more severe than mine. 

I have acquaintances, and possibly only 1 true friend.  I say possibly because I don't know.  It bothers me I don't know.  I'm not close to my siblings or parents.  I can go months without phoning or seeing them.  I feel sad I don't know my nieces and nephews better.

I know I am very lucky to have my wife.  Without her I'm sure I would be an alcoholic in the public service. (I went back to uni and am a now a CPA). Every now and then she gets upset with me and I don't know why.  There is a lot in the book "An Aspergers Marriage" that is much the same as me.

I am looking to understand myself better. I would like to have better understanding and communication with my wife (and my kids as they become young men).  Sometimes I am amazed we have stuck togehter as long as we have (21 yrs).  Otherwise I think my life and AS traits are under control.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Strewth, its Bazza
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 09:00:17 PM »
pleased to make your acquaintance.
Misunderstood.

Offline Merry Widow

• Chav Slayer
  • Postwhore
  • Capish!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »
welcome, Bazza.

Someone here suggested I2 may be more interesting to me than WP (full of kids).

:laugh:

*hands Bazza a shovel so he can sift through the mountains and mountains of spam*

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 02:55:07 PM »
or you could provide him with maps. ;)
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »
Dang!! You beat me here Bazza!!! I bet you drank all the VB and Coopers too!!!! bogart!!!  ;) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Bazza

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 04:44:53 PM »
G'day scrapheap.

Its been a bit boring around here without you.

Cheers

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 04:51:25 PM »
bogart?
quei veigh my doobie?
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »
bogart?
quei veigh my doobie?

got any of the doobie left??

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 09:24:58 PM »
Misunderstood.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 11:41:02 PM »
well tough I WANT IT cos badger's in serious need of sum sensemillia (arg spelling hope machine1 doesnt read this after the rant i gave him lol)...

Badger Needs some (*Looks at own avatar*)

*_*

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 07:45:09 PM »
Hey, Bazza!

'Dawg, here.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 04:14:46 PM »
Whatever happened to Bazza??

Do any of you Aussies here know him??

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »
Except for seeing the name, I can't say I do. Must be one of those that came and went.

Are you trying to do a history of I2 members, Scrap?

Scrapheap

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 06:32:44 PM »
Except for seeing the name, I can't say I do. Must be one of those that came and went.

No, I just remeber liking Bazza, and wondered what happened to him. I rember seeing him at Wank Planet a couple years ago, but I have no idea what happened to him.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 06:34:47 PM »

No, I just remeber liking Bazza, and wondered what happened to him. I rember seeing him at Wank Planet a couple years ago, but I have no idea what happened to him.

Fair enough.

Wonder when Lit is coming back, BTW?