Educational

Author Topic: OK Kit come on down and be prepared to back your words and every insinuation  (Read 9106 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Jesus eclair, I do think you are getting a bit paranoid about this. Fucking words on a screen.

Sorry if compassion is beyond your comprehension.

Sorry if Internet 101 is beyond your comprehension.

Your point? Be prepared to back your words, it's Sir Les's rule after all  :police: What is 'internet 101'?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
And you never apologized for taking my post out of context and turning it all into this. At least I already apologized for what I said earlier in this thread.

Kit, I don't know if you are directing this remark to me, but if you are, I do not recall taking any of your posts out of contexts.

No, it was to sir les.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
The Granatelli BS? I hope you still aren't saying I am making it up and you just mean what he said about AS that was BS.

And you never apologized for taking my post out of context and turning it all into this. At least I already apologized for what I said earlier in this thread.

Well at least Hykes came to the rescue.

Eclair, where did sir les accuse me of driving off another member? And do you realize that was Phlexor's post you quoted?

Yes, I DO realise it was Phexor's post, because that's the one that Les thinks Phlexor is out of line having a go at Les's insensitivity.

I believe Hyke was on Sir Les's side, and was insensitive to you as she is Les's friend, and it is clear at the beginning of the thread (at least to me) that she is supporting him.

I don't think her telling you how to compose your posts in The Peanut Gallery was helpful, but rather, if she was Les's friend, she should have contacted him and said hey, this girl has mentioned this is making her meltdown.

Either way, I've seen some pretty bad form from members who should have known better, and in the future, I will keep that in mind.

I'm not surprised that she is on his side because it's common for friends and partners to side with their friends nonetheless. I saw it as she is trying to help me with my wording to prevent stuff like this in the future with anyone.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
^ ha ha....well, just the fact that he's ranted and raved at you and me rather than EVEN CONSIDER, that Kit doesn't need his shit, shows his priorities.

Pretty impressive essays demonstrate the amount of time and energy he has to try to prove his point, rather than at least admit, he may have been wrong.

Yeah. Marriage wouldn't go so well :P good thing you got out Les....oops....was I being schoolgirlish there?

ps. How are the driving lessons going? You know it's best not to drive when hungover and still under the influence?

Actually the discussions between Kit and Hyke were opening up a possibility that Kit was completely oblivious to the context of certain phrases and has actually been having issues in this IRL. It was opening up the prospect of getting a lot further to examining if or why there was misunderstandings and apologies and explanations all around.

So you kow that Kit well knows that If I get something wrong and I see it, I have no issue accepting this. Ask her perhaps. I may well be in a position once I know where she was coming from in apologising here too. But it will have nothing to do with your or Phlex's actions and would have happened or not regardless.

But then adjunct to that are you two. Do you honestly think you are helping this for Kit or for my or for the discussion at large? No? D you think you have done her, yourselves or anyone else any favours? No?
Fucking morons the both of you

Marriage would not have gone well, Hungover? Driving lessons? What the fuck are you on about now?

"Actually the discussions between Kit and Hyke were opening up a possibility that Kit was completely oblivious to the context of certain phrases and has actually been having issues in this IRL. It was opening up the prospect of getting a lot further to examining if or why there was misunderstandings and apologies and explanations all around."

How generous of you and Hyke to explain to Kit these important things at this time in her life.

Seriously, I'm disgusted with both of you. Maybe you should know better, or maybe you both are more retarded than I thought. Pathetic.

You are disgusted with me and I think you are a moron, I think we will both live.

Put in context. I did have a reason to call out Kit. Kit was either meaning something but how she put things out there or she wasn't. I wanted to both show that the insinuations were not right and find out why she made the insinuations she did and called her out to explain. My approach is, in fitting with me not very tactful and Kit was unable to see where I was coming from and I was unable to see what the hell she was saying.
Hyke, whose first language is not English could see and explain things a lot better and had seen elsewhere apparently, Kit saying that she had had issues here before an was explaining what she saw.

Hyke was and is a lot more patient and a lot less reactive and judgmental than me. It is a nice and gentle approach from things from her and so what the hell you are "disgusted about I don't fucking know.

I suspect my suggestion to pull your head out of your arse wasn't taken on board because it still seems pretty trapped.
Don't have to bother with how retarded you think we may be, you seem to be showing new levels of non-comprehension or mis-readings than I have ever seen from you to date.

As to the tangential bullshit coming out of me? No, not really.
I will say that conversions with you within the context of what is said and trying to stay rational and logical and so forth are difficult because it is like playing a game of basketball where you grab the ball and start running away of court and on to the oval with it and I have to likewise chase you up and grab it off you to bring it back in play. (Now having said this and as a specific metaphor to make a point solely to tangential tendencies, I am full prepared for you to now go off on some mindless rant how I was trying to say that my metaphor shows this is a game to me or about the fact there is no basketball and how you doubt I play basket ball or whatever and this will make my point very nicely.)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Now. Kit I know you are trying to get my attention and I do apologise that I seem to be ignoring you. I would prefer to be one on one head to head with you but I have Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dumber in the thread distracting me. Not making things much better for you or things generally.

Now in the Peanut Gallery (no I won't just go in there as I reckon it ought to be for non-contestants) you were saying that you were completely oblivious to terms like "Go Figure" and "may I add" and the effect this has in conversation (particularly) negative conversation? Is that right? I am saying words and phrases like that similar to "and we all know what he is like", words that suggest something negative or some negative conotation in context to what is said but not actually saying it?

My focus naturally has been on these two morons but I sort of got the gist that this is exactly what you are saying and that furthermore it has been an issue genwrally that you were aware of? Or have I got this completely wrong?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Frolic_Fun

Jesus eclair, I do think you are getting a bit paranoid about this. Fucking words on a screen.

Your point? Be prepared to back your words, it's Sir Les's rule after all  :police: What is 'internet 101'?

1. Don't get emotionally involved with text typed from a stranger.
2. Internet isn't serious business, so stop trying to project IRL situations onto it.
3. Nothing is sacred online.
Etc.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

My rule? Remember this or after 3 or 4 years of you being here you never noticed? "We stand for freedom of expression, combative debate, and the generation of ideas. There are no boundaries here over what may be said, save for one rule - be prepared to back up your words. Or face the wrath of the community."

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Now. Kit I know you are trying to get my attention and I do apologise that I seem to be ignoring you. I would prefer to be one on one head to head with you but I have Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dumber in the thread distracting me. Not making things much better for you or things generally.

Now in the Peanut Gallery (no I won't just go in there as I reckon it ought to be for non-contestants) you were saying that you were completely oblivious to terms like "Go Figure" and "may I add" and the effect this has in conversation (particularly) negative conversation? Is that right? I am saying words and phrases like that similar to "and we all know what he is like", words that suggest something negative or some negative conotation in context to what is said but not actually saying it?

My focus naturally has been on these two morons but I sort of got the gist that this is exactly what you are saying and that furthermore it has been an issue genwrally that you were aware of? Or have I got this completely wrong?

I found your post hard to understand tbh so bare with me.

Wait, if you have never been to that peanut thread, then how did you know what Hykes said to me?

Yes I did say I was oblivious to those terms like I was with "cheap" and "dump" because I never bothered looking them up. How many of us look up words we already know? Same as the phrases. You have not ever said words or used phrases that other people said to you and you thought you knew what they were? Then after you say them, you learn after that what people have been saying to you was an insult or they were using irony with their choice of words and you took it all literal or learned them the wrong way or the situations they said them in were different than the situation you were in when you used them? That's what happened with me regarding the words "dump" and cheap" except I wasn't getting insulted, irony was being used and my dad was talking BS when he told me my aunt and uncle were cheap so they don't travel for reunions or weddings that happen outside their home state and I took him literal. My parents still calls me cheap and my husband and it doesn't bother me but I know now to not say it to other people. Mom called me cheap in Europe though and said I was a cheapskate but I doubt she was insulting me because I was being cheap. Then there is my dad that tells me he is going to dump me off somewhere and I never took insult to it and even I have said to dump me off somewhere. But then I go saying it to a parent online about daycare and I couldn't understand why she got so bent out of shape over a compliment. Then I realized did I do it again like I did with my aunt one time about her being cheap? So I went online and asked if dump and drop meant the same thing and I learned they both have different meanings. But hey at least I never walked into a daycare saying "It's so nice parents have a place to dump their kids off at when they go to work" because just imagine how the teachers there would react? They be ignoring the sentence and be focusing on the word instead and maybe have a negative view of me than realizing what I was really trying to say based on how I used the word. I even wonder how they would react if I said that about my own child before going to work? I don't think people take offense if I say it about myself or my own kids. Maybe they would think I was making a joke? People are weird because of how they think and interpret things.

"We all know what he is like" I have used phrases like that and I mean a good thing or a bad thing but it depends on the person. If they are good people and I say to someone "well at least you know what he is like so I don't have to tell you what he is like" I mean nothing bad by it. It just saved me the time and energy telling that person about that other person. Well now I know that phrase is negative too and it's not something people just say when they think they don't have to use their time of energy to tell them about that other person since that person had already met that other person or knows that person too. So if I used that phrase on someone and someone else was talking positive about that other person, everyone would think I was putting down that person ignoring what we were all saying about that person previously because they be too focused on the phrase I used?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Thanks Kit.
Yeah when I say I will not go there I mean in terms of I won't post in there. I will leave it to Non-contestants to post in and I will post here.

Now OK. With what you were saying, I read "and may I add" as you "adding weight" or "supporting" Sticky Ricky's position. Kind of saying I agree with what you say Richard and further more he goes around targetting scaring NT's off forums and look here is a prime example of it. "Go figure" in this context would mean "Who can figure out why the arsehole does it"

Now reading it in this light(which is precisely how I read it) is not too complimentary...or true. I set about to prove it wasn't and further called you out to explain why on Earth you would want to insinuate this. I set above putting it back in context to what happened. Truth is I don't have any issue with NT's nor seek to scare them off forums and I believe that my efforts with that dude were not because he was NT or anything but because he was a bigot and others there took the same view.

I saw you as fishing for a reaction of me and wanting a reaction and thought that you were trying to create a bit of drama and knowing that you have said previously that you like drama and people to back themselves. I thought it was all good and you wanted the debate. My efforts in getting from you the reasons for you doing this had you constantly bringing up what went on there rather than simply why you put things to me here as said above.

Unfortunately before we could really get into this too much we had the retard twin in full flurry falling over themselves to make some kind of point and doing nothing more than blowing things out of proportion and hijacking proceedings.

Fortunately Hykes at the same time got talking to you and you were able to tell her that you weren't meaning it in this way and that "Go figure" and "and may I add" you weren't using to mean...anything. Furthermore saying that this was an issue that you had run into before.

So having explained this and seeing that you were not actually meaning it to be read in this light I offer my unreserved apology for reading it like that and getting it wrong. My apologies too if you believed I was mad at you or whatever. I wasn't I thought you wanted a bit of a stoush and you obviously didn't.

Now that this is out the way it looks like I have two things to do. Read that link that Eclair posted and continue playing with the retard twins.  :)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Okay Sir Les, we're cool now. Sorry about everything.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

Likewise mate. We are spazzes we read shit wrong. That is why callouts are good.

Now where are those other fucktards?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Likewise mate. We are spazzes we read shit wrong. That is why callouts are good.

AWWW Sweet. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now :ghugs: :grouphug: :ghugs: :grouphug:

The_Chosen_One

Thank Christ that's over. Or is it?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Well Kit and I sorted things out. We were always going to. It was just Saint Phlex and Eclair holding the process up.

I think that they ought not clog this thread up any more with their fail.

So... http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14899.0.html  :zoinks: