Author Topic: Disability Payment  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Disability Payment
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2010, 12:32:33 AM »
I have been on the DSP since 2005. That's when I quit my full-time job as a forklift driver and machine operator. I was just too unstable and had mental health issues. Since then I have worked at a bakery but the hours got too long and I had a couple of meltdowns there so I quit.

Now I am a student because I thought I either had to get another job or study something. I am in my second year studying psychology. It hasn't been easy, just got out of hospital again in July for mental health stuff. I get paid a bit extra for being a student.
hello renaeden! are you and galioace still a thing? good luck in college :2thumbsup:
Hello richard. :) No, GA and I have split up and I am now living with my parents. And thanks, uni is hard but I am doing ok.

Shit I'm slow to news, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

But it's good to hear you're alright though. :)
Yeah, I went to hospital for a while but everything turned out ok, I got some good therapy and had my meds changed. GA and I still see each other, we went to the movies yesterday. He is doing a uni preparation course now and I am proud that he is getting through it well.
Ever since I got hit by a car several months ago, I have been quite fearful about walking/taking the bus to where I want to go.
Geez, no wonder you are fearful of traffic. Were you injured?

Yes, I was injured. My left knee and ankle were fracture. I had to use crutches for several weeks until I could walk again. That really sucked.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I twisted my right ankle and sprained it badly over a year ago getting off a bus and I remember what a pain that was.  I wound up having surgery on it last December to try to fix it because it didn't heal properly. How are your knee and ankle now?

DukeNukem

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »
I have been on the DSP since 2005. That's when I quit my full-time job as a forklift driver and machine operator. I was just too unstable and had mental health issues. Since then I have worked at a bakery but the hours got too long and I had a couple of meltdowns there so I quit.

Now I am a student because I thought I either had to get another job or study something. I am in my second year studying psychology. It hasn't been easy, just got out of hospital again in July for mental health stuff. I get paid a bit extra for being a student.
hello renaeden! are you and galioace still a thing? good luck in college :2thumbsup:
Hello richard. :) No, GA and I have split up and I am now living with my parents. And thanks, uni is hard but I am doing ok.

Yeah, I went to hospital for a while but everything turned out ok, I got some good therapy and had my meds changed. GA and I still see each other, we went to the movies yesterday. He is doing a uni preparation course now and I am proud that he is getting through it well.
Ever since I got hit by a car several months ago, I have been quite fearful about walking/taking the bus to where I want to go.

Yes, I was injured. My left knee and ankle were fracture. I had to use crutches for several weeks until I could walk again. That really sucked.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I twisted my right ankle and sprained it badly over a year ago getting off a bus and I remember what a pain that was.  I wound up having surgery on it last December to try to fix it because it didn't heal properly. How are your knee and ankle now?

Shoot, I have been completely recovered for several months. The injury occurred in November of last year.

P7PSP

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »
Shoot, I have been completely recovered for several months. The injury occurred in November of last year.
This ^^^ post shows that you are capable of getting along with others.

DukeNukem

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2010, 12:02:53 PM »

Well, I guess I'm more willing to get along if you don't post something stupid about me.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2010, 12:18:06 PM »
FA - The Princess Royal says "Hi"  She remembers when she broke her leg playing flag football in school and was in a cast and missed over 3 months of school.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

P7PSP

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »

Well, I guess I'm more willing to get along if you don't post something stupid about me.
And this ^^ post shows that you prefer to overlook your own part in this shit.  :upyours: :ghey: :bigcry:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »

That's great you healed so quickly.  I think it was a weird thing that it took me such a long time to recover from an ankle sprain, but it still hurts, unfortunately.

DukeNukem

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »

And this ^^ post shows that you prefer to overlook your own part in this shit.  :upyours: :ghey: :bigcry:

:lol: Wut?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2010, 06:07:58 AM »
Don't start nothing, won't be nothing. You know this duke, quit acting.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

DukeNukem

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2010, 07:14:00 AM »
I am not trying to start shit!

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2010, 07:15:23 AM »
 >:( But you are. Starting shit that is.

Try being a bit more aware of your surroundings. Its part of being the man you want to be so badly.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

richard

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2010, 10:44:52 AM »
hollis calm down please

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2010, 11:14:29 AM »
"Well, I guess I'm more willing to get along if you don't post something stupid about me."

FA - I think this is a nice olive branch.  A little defensive, but nice.  How are you doing this morning?  Have you thought about taking a walk if it's cool enough?

DukeNukem

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2010, 12:30:56 PM »
"Well, I guess I'm more willing to get along if you don't post something stupid about me."

FA - I think this is a nice olive branch.  A little defensive, but nice.  How are you doing this morning?  Have you thought about taking a walk if it's cool enough?

Well, I thought about taking a walk, but I procrastinated as I usually did, now it's like 95 degress Fahrenheit... in Tennessee at September? Thanks, global warming! ::)

I still might take that walk because it's better to walk in the heat than it is in the cold. Might as well enjoy what might be the last shred of real summer heat for a while.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2010, 02:00:50 PM »

Well, I thought about taking a walk, but I procrastinated as I usually did, now it's like 95 degress Fahrenheit... in Tennessee at September? Thanks, global warming! ::)

I still might take that walk because it's better to walk in the heat than it is in the cold. Might as well enjoy what might be the last shred of real summer heat for a while.

I hope you have some place interesting to walk.  Is there a nudist colony nearby?  Just joking.