Author Topic: Disability Payment  (Read 1571 times)

richard

Re: Disability Payment
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »
damn. i didnt relise so many of us were on disability, shleed :zoinks:

i dont even remember why i first got refferd, i guess it was after i tried killing myself in my mid 20's though. after of wich all the doctors told me to get on

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 07:19:58 AM »
I have been on the DSP since 2005. That's when I quit my full-time job as a forklift driver and machine operator. I was just too unstable and had mental health issues. Since then I have worked at a bakery but the hours got too long and I had a couple of meltdowns there so I quit.

Now I am a student because I thought I either had to get another job or study something. I am in my second year studying psychology. It hasn't been easy, just got out of hospital again in July for mental health stuff. I get paid a bit extra for being a student.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

DukeNukem

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 09:54:37 AM »
The only job I ever had was one year ago when I was working a temporary summer job, as an intern for the tech dept of the board of ed. I have had complaints against my behavior, such as prowling through other peoples' stuff, making rude remarks, listening to music through my headphones when the supervisor was addressing everyone, etc. but that was before I even knew what autism really was.

I am trying to keep my SSI going. $675 a month, take away $500 for rent including utilities, $50 for Internet, and add $100 in foodstamps, that's basically my financial situation. After two semesters at the community college, I got put under financial aid suspension for not making good enough progress. I was really lazy and pretty much could only focus on things that were interesting to me, which were math and computers. Not to mention an accident during my first semester that left me unable to walk for several weeks didn't help with my attendance. I don't know what I am going to do.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 10:46:02 AM »
I get disabled living allowance because of my AS, although it's not actually my AS that stops my getting a job. I hope one day I will be able to get a job, although it will probably be a shitty one lol
Right now though I am at university so a student. And I'm living at home so don't really need a job atm

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 12:59:31 PM »
The only job I ever had was one year ago when I was working a temporary summer job, as an intern for the tech dept of the board of ed. I have had complaints against my behavior, such as prowling through other peoples' stuff, making rude remarks, listening to music through my headphones when the supervisor was addressing everyone, etc. but that was before I even knew what autism really was.

I am trying to keep my SSI going. $675 a month, take away $500 for rent including utilities, $50 for Internet, and add $100 in foodstamps, that's basically my financial situation. After two semesters at the community college, I got put under financial aid suspension for not making good enough progress. I was really lazy and pretty much could only focus on things that were interesting to me, which were math and computers. Not to mention an accident during my first semester that left me unable to walk for several weeks didn't help with my attendance. I don't know what I am going to do.

In my innocence, $50 for Internet sounds high.  We pay only $14.95 ATT special, goes up to $19.95 in January 2011.  Also the Princess Royal and my sister are on SSI ($675) and they only qualified for less than $5 a month in Food Stamps, so we never bothered to get them. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 01:04:57 PM »
I have the opposite problem. My personal space seems to be much larger than most other peoples. I get slightly uncomfortable if anyone comes into my personal space. And that seems to be about 2 arms lengths. I never stand close to people if I can help it. If someone tries to come any closer to me, I usually try and take a step backwards and folk often think I'm being rude.

Same here.

Never been able to hold down anything more than a part-time job when I could.

Physical issues, sensory crap, and the fact that I just can't seem to deal with people for extended periods of time without spazzing. :zombiefuck:

richard

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 01:11:54 PM »
I have been on the DSP since 2005. That's when I quit my full-time job as a forklift driver and machine operator. I was just too unstable and had mental health issues. Since then I have worked at a bakery but the hours got too long and I had a couple of meltdowns there so I quit.

Now I am a student because I thought I either had to get another job or study something. I am in my second year studying psychology. It hasn't been easy, just got out of hospital again in July for mental health stuff. I get paid a bit extra for being a student.
hello renaeden! are you and galioace still a thing? good luck in college :2thumbsup:

DukeNukem

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »

In my innocence, $50 for Internet sounds high.  We pay only $14.95 ATT special, goes up to $19.95 in January 2011.  Also the Princess Royal and my sister are on SSI ($675) and they only qualified for less than $5 a month in Food Stamps, so we never bothered to get them. 

DSL is such a rip off, especially if you want some ACTUAL speed. I have the 3.0 Megabits per second (or 375 Kilobytes per second) ATT "SlowAccess" (get the joke?) Direct (to my ass) DSL. Even though my service quality is good, I feel like I could get a lot more out of 50 dollars. :wanker:

If I had to pay for my own utilities, I would definitely NOT get DSL. It took 2 weeks for mine to get set up and working correctly, talking almost endlessly to them damn India natives and sending strangers to my apartment to "fix" things. :LOL:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 04:39:02 PM »
I only have to pay €20 a month for my internet, up to 7mbit and it's 3G so I can take it anywhere. :orly:

The only problem is that it can be slow at times (depending on coverage and amount of people using it in an area), so I may get an alternative connection when the contract runs out.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »
Okay, I guess DSL is ATT, but it's fast enough for us because we don't download any music, videos, etc.  And it is definitely faster than my quill pen. 

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »
Okay, I guess DSL is ATT, but it's fast enough for us because we don't download any music, videos, etc.  And it is definitely faster than my quill pen. 

But I bet it still allows Princes Edward and Albert Victor to be able to view pics of Lily Langtry whenever they can, and to hear broadcasts of W.G Grace making centuries in the test matches.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »

But I bet it still allows Princes Edward and Albert Victor to be able to view pics of Lily Langtry whenever they can, and to hear broadcasts of W.G Grace making centuries in the test matches.

True.  I imagine Edward will one day have a keen interest in the Jersey Lily.  What Alexandria will say I don't know.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 06:31:49 AM »

hello renaeden! are you and galioace still a thing? good luck in college :2thumbsup:
Hello richard. :) No, GA and I have split up and I am now living with my parents. And thanks, uni is hard but I am doing ok.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »
Okay, this ones tough. When things seem to be stressing me out, I usually seem to just leave and take a little adventure(walkabout lol). I usually come back, but thats how i've always dealt. Drop everything and take a break. Thats why I think I wouldn't be a good dad.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

richard

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 11:07:28 AM »
Okay, this ones tough. When things seem to be stressing me out, I usually seem to just leave and take a little adventure(walkabout lol). I usually come back, but thats how i've always dealt. Drop everything and take a break. Thats why I think I wouldn't be a good dad.
theres nothing wrong with walking, its a highly underrated activity. are you a driver?