6 (37.5%)
Intermediate
5 (31.3%)
Expert
3 (18.8%)
Pro
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: How good are you at trolling?  (Read 3679 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: How good are you at trolling?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 10:21:10 AM »
Usually because destroying a website causes widespread butthurt = more laughs for the troll.

Yeah I suppose, but it's only worth it if you can see their butthurt reaction though.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »
Usually because destroying a website causes widespread butthurt = more laughs for the troll.

Yeah I suppose, but it's only worth it if you can see their butthurt reaction though.

You misunderstand; Tear it down and ride the collapse to it's ultimate conclusion.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »

You misunderstand; Tear it down and ride the collapse to it's ultimate conclusion.

Ah, I see, something like causing a dramacaust that makes a community implode from within. In that case, that is definitely lulz worthy.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »

Ah, I see, something like causing a dramacaust that makes a community implode from within. In that case, that is definitely lulz worthy.

Dramacaust.

That's the perfect phrase for it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2010, 01:40:57 PM »
I wish I could have torn down AFF with my trolling. Then AFF wouldn't be just a notch in my belt, but AFF would become my beltbuckle! :evillaugh:

A) You could not have torn down any site. You don't have the talent for that and B) how is being banned a notch in your belt buckle? anyone can get themselves banned very easily.

As Rossco says - you're not nearly good enough to tear down a site.

I've only seen one troll capable of that, and they tore down AFF - but that didn't last too long.

Your approach is laughable, Duke - if tearing down sites is your end goal, then you are going about it completely the wrong way.

But why would a troll tear down a source of his/her own lulz? It makes no sense, it's like eating delicious cake, but the delicious cake looks too beautiful to eat.

I've never had that particular dilemma myself!  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »

Dramacaust.

Or destroy its fabric and lead it to the path of ruin and then "save" it and build it into your image of what you want it to be and have everyone thankful for your genius.

Not done this but seen it happen.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2010, 05:44:09 PM »

Dramacaust.

Or destroy its fabric and lead it to the path of ruin and then "save" it and build it into your image of what you want it to be and have everyone thankful for your genius.

Not done this but seen it happen.

Then when the site gets popular, the person who fucked it and rebuilt it gets all the kudos, and the original creator gets sweet FA.

Marvellous.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2010, 06:47:12 AM »
My mate, whilst we were trolling a site, and blatantly started picking on the Admin. Every little inconsistency and every fuck up. He was unfazed by any attempt to mock him and kept it up. Thing is he had done his homework. The Admin was self-conscious and inexperienced and was in fact struggling. He saw everything and saw it too struggling. His constant bombardment was causing other members to laugh at her and award him rep and other to leave.
Eventually the forum was stagnating and she did the unthinkable. She in trying to fix the forum fucked it and in getting it online admitted that she was not able to run it very well. She asked for suggestions.
Everyone was laughing at her and what  have you but not him. He went into overdrive. "Do X now" "Do Y now" "Do Z if you want to save the forum".
Most of the advice was great advice. Some was designed to make her look stupid. With nothing to lose and not taking into account that part of the reason for the forum's demise was his negativity, she adopted almost everything he said. She put up with the results of the sillier suggestions because he actually came up with great suggestions too.
The forum saved and he was the saviour. THAT is a good troll Judy and funny as shit to see.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 08:21:51 AM »
IM THE BEST TROLL EVER

Joke im terrible at it , Attention difficulties + trolling is not a good mix.  :lol:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »
Best troll I ever did in terms of result not fun was at a flaming forum. (I find the irreverent and silly inconsequential trolls the best fun)
I was at a troll site and the owner of the site asked if any of us wanted to troll some bitch mod at another site. Bit of bad blood. He went to a forum design for mods from all other forums to talk most and admin shit.

This Bitch "S" used to be a member of his site in the day and whilst he was there promoting his forum, she came through and disparaged his site and then went on to talk up hers. He wanted to troll her and make her rage.

I went with a group to their small flame forum. None of the others lasted long before they were banned.

The culture was that of a small schoolgirl clique. 30-40 year old women (for the most part) flaming shit out of the rest. They were tight and basically held sway. They liked you or they didn't you were either with them or against all of them and they had their hangers on and the tards that were ganged up on by this clique. It was bullshit.

Naturally I tried going toe to toe with her but there was no profit in this so I changed tactics.

I found one of the women on facebook or something similar and had a friend photo shop her face cleverly into an snout of a pig and animated it and it because my avatar. It had some effect and manage to minimise her somewhat. I think Had some success trolling the others but digging through the threads I found an old buried battle between two Of "S" cohorts and that is where the fun began. I bought it up. PLayed them off against wach other and busted the clique wide open. I started trolling the Admin for good measure.

Started a petition to get a different and popular member modded and won credibility there and as a result got a foothold in dictating policy and undermining "S". Others started bashing "S" It was chaos and I fucking loved it. At all times backing "d" and announcing "S"'s attempts to seize any control of her cohorts or the usurper of power in "D" or sticking up for her pig faced friend.

The tards were getting a bit of leash given back and were drunk on having power. The warrring between cohorts was excellent.
Then "S" Butthurt threatened to bring in her boyfriend and mod him. The boyfriend was a hardarsed biker in real life. Not long out of prison for manslaughter (self-defence - as in he shot the guy in public with a licenced gun in a botched robbery or something)
Some were a bit worried at the threat. I said to bring it on.

On he came and for all his being a RL tough guy, he was a noob and had no ability to flame and I ripped shit out of him and he left.
This left her impotent and all profit.

She got extrememly butthurt and left.

I laughed and confessed all to D and bid them good day.

There was a lot of don't goes and a lot of good riddance.

The forum was a better place with equal power weighting with most members getting a look in.

Mission accomplished.  3 months and 600 posts but worth it

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
We are amongst greatness:

:respect:

Something you'll never aspire to, Judy.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 09:24:41 AM »
I think I am pretty good at trolling. I don't do it anymore though

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2010, 09:25:40 AM »

No if Judy had of gone in there "S" 's Boyfriend would have introduced him to jail sex and and he would be there today.

DukeNukem

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »

No if Judy had of gone in there "S" 's Boyfriend would have introduced him to jail sex and and he would be there today.

LOLWUT

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2010, 10:19:56 AM »

LOLWUT

It means that the mod's ex-jailbird killer boyfriend would have made you his bitch. He would have moved you from your backwater hovel into his home dressed you in a maids uniform and used you as his piece of ass on the side. Make sense now?