Educational

Author Topic: If you had a lot of money to blow right now...  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: If you had a lot of money to blow right now...
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2018, 02:50:43 PM »
I'll try to remember to take a picture of it tomorrow. Doesn't look anything like it, and it isn't THAT new. This one has a well-loved look to it for sure.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2018, 05:50:57 PM »
I would take out the grass in my yard.  Have it landscaped with flowers and a pathway or two in the front yard.  The back yard would have some flower areas and the rest garden with something soft in those pathways. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2018, 06:04:01 PM »
Give up work. Maybe do a cooking course and open a small restaurant or cafe. Take my son to the Smithsonian, the British Museum, and the air museum at Duxford. Buy a house for each of my children. Join a boat-share club.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »
I would take out the grass in my yard.  Have it landscaped with flowers and a pathway or two in the front yard.  The back yard would have some flower areas and the rest garden with something soft in those pathways.

Great idea and I did similar many years ago.
Now I only have grass to mow along the sidewalks on the street side and a bit in the back yard.
The rest is all mine. Only veggie things I grow up front where most of my permanent perennial plantings and spring bulbs are established is a few patches of onions and garlic plus a couple of basil plants up near the house.

The back yard is where all my vegetables grow. Of course on two sides I have deep plantings of screening shrubs, very tall and impossible to see through.
My cop "friends"  hate this, because it would allow hiding places for fleeing suspects. I just remind them that they do not need to worry and that if they are in my yard, they are MINE!

They gave my mom the same crap, told her that since she was a senior citizen the city would pay to come in and cut everything down and remove it all. FUCK! She had spent thousands of dollars buying special flowering shrubs and paving little trails all through it so my wheelchair bound father could enjoy his final years, in his own back yard just moments from the kitchen table any time he felt like it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
I would custom build a house somewhere rural with woods and hills but within a half hour drive of amenities. There would be a garage with a coach house on top and I would hire a live-in nanny for the cub who would have a private suite up there. The house would have an art studio with lots of sunlight, guest rooms and yes, I think I'll borrow WolFish's climbing wall concept from earlier in the thread and put one on the inside and one on the outside. The inside one would be in a tower with a reading/viewing nook up top.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2018, 11:16:56 PM »
DD-If they'd have said that to me, I'm pretty sure  I'd have had  to give them advanced  warning, that then next thing I would be planting
would be a crop of land  mines. Right before I threw them over the hedge and told them they can  STAY  fucked off, because I as deadly serious about the  antipersonnel mines.

Raxy-sounds  nice,  I'd love to visit chateux de la 'raxy. :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.