Author Topic: Pet Ban WTF  (Read 445 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Pet Ban WTF
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:57:35 PM »
San Fran Bans Pet Sales; Could NYC Be Next?
Animal Control Officials, Humane Society Agree: Some Pet Stores Do Not Have Well Being Of Animals On Their Minds
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/san.francisco.pet.2.1797221.html

WTF :grrr:

You have to be fucking kidding me.

"Unfortunately, we've seen time and time again that the pet stores are basically just trying to make a sale and they are pushing animals on people who may not be ready for it," the Humane Society of America said in a statement.

According to the Humane Society of America, 40,000 animals enter NYC shelters every year. Hundreds of them are pet store animals like birds, rodents and cats that when not adopted are euthanized.

We tried to get a dog once from them after our dog Daisy died because Yoyo was so depressed.So we went to one of their events they had so many in pens and cages all types they happily let our daughter play with ones she wanted to see then when her heart was set they start with their speech, requirements and fees.  Fuck I don't know how you can adopt them any more from them when I was a kid we got all our pets that way. The Speech They basically talk down to you like your a moron  about your responsibilities and how they will be the judge of your fitness to care for one of their dogs.  Any sort of anxiousness in given the look as if your going to eat the dog as soon as you get home.  The requirements you must come to them and pay homage to them not once or twice but several times.  Each time bring ALL members of the family and your pets(try getting 4 kids a  big dog your spouse and two cats into a vehicle together) for them to scrutinize. They ask about your home,  income, yard, hobbies and all kinds of personal info.  You must present them with letters from your vet on your acceptability to own one of these animals they will basically kill if nobody takes them. You must fill out reams of paper work many of which gives them rights to come and take the dog back if you don't do everything they say. You have to agree to them checking up on you for I am unsure if it was six months or a year.  The fees where as they make it sound like it's cheep you will end up giving them a couple hundred dollars or more depending on what dog you want and then the endless pleas for donations..  We saw NOBODY leave with a dog that day,  as my daughter played with them in their pens I watched many get back in their cars and leave.  At one they told my father he was too old to get a cat just after his had died at 15, my father was 75 at the time and very upset by this.  Sure some people should never own pets but by the way they dealt with us we felt like nobody was good enough for them.  Just going to one of these things shows you want to help doesn't that count for anything?

We ended up adopting Marly from a woman moving back to France. We talked a couple times and made sure our dogs got along.  She was grateful for us taking in her dog they should be too.
I will never give one dime to the Humane Society they bitch and moan about all the animals they have to take care of and collect tons of donations from well meaning people but make it nearly impossible to adopt.  Sure some have good dealings with them but if they were easier to deal with they would not have as many animals up for adoption.  Just think if that happened maybe they would not get as much money >:(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline normal_impaired

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
Re: Pet Ban WTF
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:47:49 AM »
San Francisco, the city on the cutting edge of coming up with ways to drive it's residents closer and closer to anarchism.

They already have the law that says that in order to sell a cell phone in that city, the phone has to have a cancer warning label, despite there being next to no evidence to show that cell phones could cause cancer, they went ahead and required all cell phone dealers to put stickers on the phones that say "this device might cause cancer" or something to that extent.

I wonder what's next?  They're gonna make it illegal to drive a car that burns gas, just all at once so nobody even has a chance to get a new car and has to push their old car to the lot.
Autism Speaks would like to remind you that you don't exist, because there are no Autistic adults and autistic children are too braindead to be able to use a computer.

Offline Vertex

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Nitrogen gas. Happy sleeps for excess doggies.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 12:59:40 PM »

Then Korean BBQ happy times for the hungry :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »
Pet store ban, interesting. Didn't get the part about euthanasia going on in pet stores, as it also happens with the humane society.

Offline Vertex

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 08:42:33 AM »

Yeah, so you feed the dogs to the hungry/homeless people, the people to the cats and the cats to the dogs. Then hey presto! Three problems solved at once and nobody gets sick from eating their own kind!

Yes, I'm quite tired...

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 08:54:40 AM »

Yeah, so you feed the dogs to the hungry/homeless people, the people to the cats and the cats to the dogs. Then hey presto! Three problems solved at once and nobody gets sick from eating their own kind!

Yes, I'm quite tired...

Soylent Green, anyone?  :evillaugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"