Educational

Author Topic: Sensitive people  (Read 263 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Sensitive people
« on: August 18, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »
A brainy beauty wants to expose the creep who slimed her as a "whore" on YouTube.

Carla Franklin, a former model with degrees from Duke and Columbia, is going after Google in an attempt to unmask the cyberbully who talked trash about her under three aliases on the company's wildly popular video-sharing site.

"People hide behind these shields and think they can just post anything," said David Fish, a lawyer for Franklin. "Hopefully, we can put a stop to this."

Franklin, a 2008 graduate of Columbia Business School who works as a consultant, was alerted to the slurs after her friends checked her out in a series of YouTube videos.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/18/2010-08-18_wants_google_to_give_up_the_goods_woman_sues_to_id_youtube_slur_author.html#ixzz0wzZQpV5A
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/18/2010-08-18_wants_google_to_give_up_the_goods_woman_sues_to_id_youtube_slur_author.html

WTF this is ridiculous talk about sensitive people it wasn't even that bad.  Death threats and such maybe if they are thought credible but this no fucking way.  I have yelled worse at people in traffic are  they going to sue me?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Sensitive people
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:23:21 PM »
A brainy beauty wants to expose the creep who slimed her as a "whore" on YouTube.

Carla Franklin, a former model with degrees from Duke and Columbia, is going after Google in an attempt to unmask the cyberbully who talked trash about her under three aliases on the company's wildly popular video-sharing site.

"People hide behind these shields and think they can just post anything," said David Fish, a lawyer for Franklin. "Hopefully, we can put a stop to this."

Franklin, a 2008 graduate of Columbia Business School who works as a consultant, was alerted to the slurs after her friends checked her out in a series of YouTube videos.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/18/2010-08-18_wants_google_to_give_up_the_goods_woman_sues_to_id_youtube_slur_author.html#ixzz0wzZQpV5A
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/08/18/2010-08-18_wants_google_to_give_up_the_goods_woman_sues_to_id_youtube_slur_author.html

WTF this is ridiculous talk about sensitive people it wasn't even that bad.  Death threats and such maybe if they are thought credible but this no fucking way.  I have yelled worse at people in traffic are  they going to sue me?

They might, you better be quiet!   :hide:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »
Carla needs a reality check. :laugh:

If I sued everyone that ever called me a whore I'd be richer than Bill Gates.  :zoinks:

...95% of the time it came from other "women" who knew nothing about me, and either didn't approve of the way I dressed or the way that I acted. ::)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
I think that Carla Franklin is very fortunate if being called a whore on YouTube is the worst thing that has ever happened to her.

It's particularly ironic that she was quoted in the article as saying:

"Don't take things so seriously," she counsels in one clip in which she's wearing her graduation cap and gown.