Author Topic: Random Observations  (Read 12236 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random Observations
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 05:08:27 AM »
There's a mark on our kitchen table that I haven't seen before.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 06:17:19 AM »
Nothing terrifies me more than losing my eyesight. My foremost fear has always been macular degeneration because it destroys the central parts of your field of vision, making you unable to read or watch a film but leaves the peripheral vision to remind you of what you have lost. It's as fucked up as these things get. Of course there are other eye problems to fear (most of which I have considered at one time or another) but this one is the worst.

My eyes have always been troublesome anyway. I've had eye surgery five times (to correct the strabismus) and I'm hoping for a sixth so they can fix the scarring that is now causing me problems. The vitreous humour in both my eyes is detaching from the retinas, causing floaters that often block parts of my vision. I need fairly strong glasses and now that I'm older, I also need special reading glasses.

All these things my OCD reworks into obsessions and fears and unwanted thoughts and actions, endlessly repeated throughout the day. The meds help some but cause other problems.

So yeah, I guess I have considered all this, time and again. Actually, I've considered it all for most of my life. My AS support person says that she'd never met anyone with a negative OCD-induced obsession lasting for so long.

There is nothing I fear more.

i'm sorry you feel that way, i also value my eyesight. but remember, the universe responds to positive thoughts, so think them. my thought patterns are really destructive too, and i spend most of the day fighting with my thoughts and drinking them away, so i know it's not easy, but make every effort to stay positive and not give into that negative crap cuz it's a whirlwind that pulls you down if you let it. focus on the things you're grateful for, and shove the fears away as much as you can.

i know that sounded stupid and peppy but i find even minor adjustments during the day have a great impact. i always have to keep at it though, and keep from staying down too long after i trip on the tripwires. cuz i do every day, trip, but how long i stay down is the maker or breaker of me. it's really fucking hard sometimes.

sometimes i wish i could just remove my brain. you know? just for a moment. and maybe run water over it, some soap... but no, gotta do the washing inside out, it's hard.

maybe that's the thing that makes me so tired.
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 11:26:01 AM »
My neighbors air conditioner is very loud
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 11:37:19 AM »
i should water the lawn.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 12:27:07 PM »
Nothing terrifies me more than losing my eyesight. My foremost fear has always been macular degeneration because it destroys the central parts of your field of vision, making you unable to read or watch a film but leaves the peripheral vision to remind you of what you have lost. It's as fucked up as these things get. Of course there are other eye problems to fear (most of which I have considered at one time or another) but this one is the worst.

My eyes have always been troublesome anyway. I've had eye surgery five times (to correct the strabismus) and I'm hoping for a sixth so they can fix the scarring that is now causing me problems. The vitreous humour in both my eyes is detaching from the retinas, causing floaters that often block parts of my vision. I need fairly strong glasses and now that I'm older, I also need special reading glasses.

All these things my OCD reworks into obsessions and fears and unwanted thoughts and actions, endlessly repeated throughout the day. The meds help some but cause other problems.

So yeah, I guess I have considered all this, time and again. Actually, I've considered it all for most of my life. My AS support person says that she'd never met anyone with a negative OCD-induced obsession lasting for so long.

There is nothing I fear more.

i'm sorry you feel that way, i also value my eyesight. but remember, the universe responds to positive thoughts, so think them. my thought patterns are really destructive too, and i spend most of the day fighting with my thoughts and drinking them away, so i know it's not easy, but make every effort to stay positive and not give into that negative crap cuz it's a whirlwind that pulls you down if you let it. focus on the things you're grateful for, and shove the fears away as much as you can.

i know that sounded stupid and peppy but i find even minor adjustments during the day have a great impact. i always have to keep at it though, and keep from staying down too long after i trip on the tripwires. cuz i do every day, trip, but how long i stay down is the maker or breaker of me. it's really fucking hard sometimes.

sometimes i wish i could just remove my brain. you know? just for a moment. and maybe run water over it, some soap... but no, gotta do the washing inside out, it's hard.

maybe that's the thing that makes me so tired.

Yeah, I know that feeling well. I owe you another plus.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »
The window cleaner I bought says it's flammable
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:21 PM »
Happen to think there's no such thing as random anyway, so it's all good.

Go tell this to Beelzebub and watch him laugh, randomly
 :duh:

Unable to decipher your code. Please rephrase.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
Happen to think there's no such thing as random anyway, so it's all good.

Go tell this to Beelzebub and watch him laugh, randomly

Unable to decipher your code. Please rephrase.

Sorry, but an inspired poet never explains or rephrases a well designed and articulate missive. 

Use those as words to live and die by.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Osensitive1

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
This is true of the poet, but the smiley messes everything up.

P7PSP

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
My neighbors air conditioner is very loud
I would rather deal with heat than noisy fans and shit.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »
This is true of the poet, but the smiley messes everything up.

That bit was merely erudite articulation, via urban 'netspeek.

Do not allow it to cause you bother, overmuch. The historical translations attempted in the future will render most graphical imagery just as mysteriously meaningless as translations of similar imagery have in the past.

Alas, I repeat:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 09:36:04 PM »
Cool baths are better than hot baths in the summertime.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 09:43:21 PM »
Cool baths are better than hot baths in the summertime.

Cold showers are best!  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2010, 03:37:57 AM »
sometimes i shower with my clothes on. that way the cold feeling lasts.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
sometimes i shower with my clothes on. that way the cold feeling lasts.

Sometimes I get my uniform on, straight out of the washing machine. So that I will be somewhat cool the first 20 minutes of my rounds.

But, holidays now.  :2thumbsup: Already a week without the black and orange.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!