Educational

Author Topic: Random Observations  (Read 12292 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Random Observations
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
How is it you ladies know so much?  :police:

Because in truth, no lie, my godmother was a famous Madam named Mama Lou.  Her son was also my godfather.  She was a very loving, warm, generous person.  I understand the priest who baptized me knew of her reputation for good deeds to all and was perfectly okay with the arrangement.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2010, 03:21:10 PM »
How is it you ladies know so much?  :police:

We hear things on the television and we read things on the internet!  :harp:

you shouldn't believe everything you read on teh interwebs. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »
Melanie Wilkes actually had good reason to love Scarlett based on observable evidence.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2010, 08:24:38 PM »

One should probably brace for disappointment when trying to find a skinny girl to pick up at an All-You-Can-Eat buffet.
 :duh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »

One should probably brace for disappointment when trying to find a skinny girl to pick up at an All-You-Can-Eat buffet.

The guys should give us chubby ones a chance! We are super-huggable!  ;D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2010, 03:32:55 AM »

:hooray:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2010, 05:04:10 AM »

:hooray:

Cutest little icon ever, I love it without even knowing what it is!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2010, 12:21:21 PM »
They opened up another parking lot at a local state park I like too bad now it's crowded
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »

Point of order here!!

I prefer the more the more huggable women, in my own personal taste.  (I am actually married to a very huggable woman, for the rest of my life. Let alone the fact that she was gorgeous in her youth, she is even more desirable to me on this day than ever before.  Yes, things have changed between us, due to getting older - we no longer fuck like rabbits, for instance - but the reality is that I will never look upon another woman without an instantaneous comparison with the love of my life and, as yet, all have not measured well against the standard she has set in my own mind. I seek no other, despite the fact that I always look.  Uhm, that is the Dawg in me - can not help it.)

I had that random thought watching a "pig for rent" male, about thirty five, vastly overflirting with an eighteen year old hottie/waitress. I felt so bad for her, but she was holding her own in the onslaught, so I just watched her punk the pig for rent asswipe/jerk and went on to philosophise about the incident.

Sorry if you got the wrong idea. I am certain that I lack the ability to express myself well.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:28:36 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »

Point of order here!!

I prefer the more the more huggable women, in my own personal taste.  (I am actually married to a very huggable woman, for the rest of my life. Let alone the fact that she was gorgeous in her youth, she is even more desirable to me on this day than ever before.  Yes, things have changed between us - we no longer fuck like rabbits - but the reality is that I will never look upon another woman without an instantaneous comparison with the love of my life and, as yet, all have not measured well against the standard she has set in my own mind. I seek no other, despite the fact that I always look.)

I had that random thought watching a "pig for rent" male, about thirty five, vastly overflirting with an eighteen year old hottie/waitress. I felt so bad for her, but she was holding her own in the onslaught, so I just watched her punk the pig for rent asswipe/jerk and went on to philosophise about the incident.

Sorry if you got the wrong idea. I am certain that I lack the ability to express myself well.

I did read the observation the way you meant it DD.

I read CBC's answer as a reply to the man you saw looking for this skinny girl to pick up at an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet.

Think you expressed yourself well in that one sentence. And found it a funny observation, especially because of the location.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2010, 03:33:19 PM »

I am glad that someone got it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »
I did. I thought the observation was amusing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2010, 03:44:23 PM »

Another observation:

Why in THE hell do they think they need mirrors when choosing eye wear.

I mean why the fuck do people "look in a fucking mirror" to determine if these particular lens frames are serviceable or not?!!?!!

When I chose my eyewear frames last week, the technician kept trying to put a mirror in my face. This was very distracting to me from what I needed to determine. I finally just grabbed the mirror from him and set it aside.  I needed to find if these frames fit me and that is an internal thing that has nothing to do with a mirror and I NEEDED to determine if I could live with my choice and that is even further away from anything a "negative space with a fancy frame"  (fucking mirror)  can tell you.  

Basically, my thoughts are that using a mirror while choosing eye glass frames will make you see things that are not important to your ability to see better. If you are truly trying to find a way to improve your eyesight, then set the mirror aside and "LOOK THROUGH THE FUCKING THINGS"  not   "AT THE FUCKING THINGS!!!"

I understand that some degree of vanity comes into play when we add accessories, but we MUST make a difference between fashion accessories and utilitarian accessories.

GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN MIRRORS FROM THE EYE GLASS FRAME DISPLAYS!!!  WE CAN NOT BE BITCHES FOR LIFE!!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »
I did. I thought the observation was amusing.

Thank you. It was meant to be, but it was also intended to make one think further.

... as was my more recent observation.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:47:44 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »

Another observation:

Why in THE hell do they think they need mirrors when choosing eye wear.

I mean why the fuck do people "look in a fucking mirror" to determine if these particular lens frames are serviceable or not?!!?!!

When I chose my eyewear frames last week, the technician kept trying to put a mirror in my face. This was very distracting to me from what I needed to determine. I finally just grabbed the mirror from him and set it aside.  I needed to find if these frames fit me and that is an internal thing that has nothing to do with a mirror and I NEEDED to determine if I could live with my choice and that is even further away from anything a "negative space with a fancy frame"  (fucking mirror)  can tell you.  

Basically, my thoughts are that using a mirror while choosing eye glass frames will make you see things that are not important to your ability to see better. If you are truly trying to find a way to improve your eyesight, then set the mirror aside and "LOOK THROUGH THE FUCKING THINGS"  not   "AT THE FUCKING THINGS!!!"

I understand that some degree of vanity comes into play when we add accessories, but we MUST make a difference between fashion accessories and utilitarian accessories.

GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN MIRRORS FROM THE EYE GLASS FRAME DISPLAYS!!!  WE CAN NOT BE BITCHES FOR LIFE!!!

The more high end shops for glasses here now give people the chance to look for comfortable frames, and then they can take the two or three they think are best home, to decide there on which one to take vanity wise. And to have family members help them choose, because, with strong prescription glasses, how can you choose the looks of a frame, when there are no glasses in them?