Author Topic: Banned from WP  (Read 11023 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Banned from WP
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »
I've been banned there only once.

Oooooh, you now got me curious? (was that why you created I2)?

First of all, I didn't create I2. A fellow named McJagger did, together with Omega Female, Duncvis, and some other people. Duncvis was the original webmonkey here. I2 was one of the boards that happened partly because of the drama at WP, though.

I was banned at WP because I compared the then-WP (2006) to a bad daytime soap and wondered when the obligatory brain tumour would be introduced. That pissed off Alex sufficiently to ban me.

As I recall, it had just been revealed that Alex Plank was reading other people's PMs.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 07:40:40 AM »
I'm not trollin. Even if I don't click these I still see the million WP related threads. FUCK that stupid site! I log in here wanting to post on intensity, NOT WP.
Trust me, no matter what aspie related site you go to, you will always bump into a WP thread.
I just find it hilarious people are STILL reading it and replying to them when it gets on their nerves, just doesn't make any sense. :LOL:

Its impossible to avoid it when there are so many. :facepalm2:

bump into a WP thread

into a

a

Which is acceptable. But not so many, like here.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 10:12:25 AM »
Back when I first joined here, this place was a ranting playground about WP and Alex and other mods and gossip and even impersonations were cool then. Even members be discussed here from other forums. Now people seem to be tired of that stuff now, including impersonations and hearing about issues from other forums and WP.

This place has sure changed. My stuff would have fit in here in 2007 and 2008.

Osensitive1

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 05:59:04 PM »
Sounds like it's grown up then. Can't see wanting to hang out here much if all everyone did was complain about another site.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 06:47:11 PM »
I think most of those people left.

Osensitive1

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »
That would do it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2010, 05:40:18 AM »
Back when I first joined here, this place was a ranting playground about WP and Alex and other mods and gossip and even impersonations were cool then. Even members be discussed here from other forums. Now people seem to be tired of that stuff now, including impersonations and hearing about issues from other forums and WP.

Nope, this place was never a ranting ground about WP.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 05:41:03 AM »
Sounds like it's grown up then. Can't see wanting to hang out here much if all everyone did was complain about another site.

Some people do it everywhere.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 05:46:31 AM »
I thinks there's always gonna be talk about wp on a site where practically all the members are from there. but that doesn't mean it's what the site is predominantly about. I remember whe I used to moa about wp all the time a couple years ago. It wasn't that this site was just an anti-wp site then; it was the same as it is ow, only with different people moaning.

There will probably always be people complaining about wp here, but at the same time I don't think it has ever been simply a place to moan about wp
This time next year there will probably still be a few people constantly going on  about wp and a few people constantly complaining about those people. best thig is tojust accept that wp is always gonna be an issue on AS sites and ignore it if youdon't like it. sure it is annoyig sometimes but practically all of us have been through a stage where we moaned about wp a lot at some point

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2010, 10:03:20 AM »

Dude, there was lot of threads on WP all over the place back then and hate posts about alex. One of my aspie friends left this forum because he didn't like the drama and I can remember him telling me "They sure hate wrongplanet."

I can remember scapeheap bumping them all again just to drive Rage crazy because he was trolling the threads on WP about being so sick of it when he had the option to not click on the threads.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:19:30 PM by Kit »

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »
I thinks there's always gonna be talk about wp on a site where practically all the members are from there. but that doesn't mean it's what the site is predominantly about. I remember whe I used to moa about wp all the time a couple years ago. It wasn't that this site was just an anti-wp site then; it was the same as it is ow, only with different people moaning.

There will probably always be people complaining about wp here, but at the same time I don't think it has ever been simply a place to moan about wp
This time next year there will probably still be a few people constantly going on  about wp and a few people constantly complaining about those people. best thig is tojust accept that wp is always gonna be an issue on AS sites and ignore it if youdon't like it. sure it is annoyig sometimes but practically all of us have been through a stage where we moaned about wp a lot at some point

QFT

About every aspie forum you will go to, there will always be a thread about WP and on the Psych Forums, Chucky always locks them because he doesn't want any WP discussions on his forum. He says he doesn't want the drama and stuff and have anything to do with them. Some mods or admins don't want forums bashing on their forum because it can create a mess.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »

Dude, there was lot of threads on WP all over the place back then and hate posts about alex. One of my aspie friends left this forum because he didn't like the drama and I can remember him telling me "They sure hate wrongplanet."

I can remember sacpeheap bumping them all again just to drive Rage crazy because he was trolling the threads on WP about being so sick of it when he had the option to not click on the threads.

Dude, there were lots of threads about it, but they were started by very few people.  Don't believe me? They are all there. go have a look.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »
So we are on the same page but you didn't see it as a ranting playground on WP and I did. I think that be the first impression any newbie would have gotten if they checked this place out in summer of 2007.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »
Thing is, you still see it as a ranting ground on WP and there's little I can do to change that. See how that works? A lot of us joined here to get away from WP, not to bring the bitching here. It's kind of sad if you've still not understood that it was never about WP rants.

- Albert Einstein

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2010, 10:14:13 PM »
Taking aim:

OOPS! Wrongplanet