Educational

Author Topic: Thread that GA cannot lock. Debate continued in here. GA's Diaper time...  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Hadron, whilst you are abusing GA, maybe we can address your own issues of abuse.....perhaps that's why you feel the need to start a witch hunt?

Have you ever looked into it's effects on YOUR persona?
Imagine GA telling his story to a Sunday paper. Think it through. Then think how damaging it is to the AS cause.
does GA have an ASD dx?
Yes, from what he says. Could you imagine the article. I can see exactly how it would go down with NT's. Its the sort of thing that needs stamping out, along with the Neurodiversity arguments if we are to be successful. Our cause has to be strongly related to the black rights cause and nothing else if we are to gain legitimacy. A lot of people think we are faking it. With people like GA, who can blame them.

Black rights...and WTF do YOU know about black rights?

A lot as it happens, having studied it. But it is besides the point. With black rights, the legitmacy is almost impossible to dispute. They have achieved a lot more that gay rights people ever did. Neurodiversity as a strategy is never going to work, its just an imitation of gay rights. 1) Lack of numbers 2) No clear message that the average schmuck can get (e.g. shag same sex) 3) Need a far bigger change that gay rights ever did. 4) No clear legitimacy - looks too much like we are trying to induge in a lifestyle choice, rather than we have no choice about our social difficulties.

4 good reasons why Neurodiversity is never going to work as a strategy. We need one simple demand and its best we use the symmetry with the black rights movement to do it. It is a far more effective approach. If you don't believe me, try explaining neurodiversity to the average NT and see how it happens.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
Hadron, whilst you are abusing GA, maybe we can address your own issues of abuse.....perhaps that's why you feel the need to start a witch hunt?

Imagine GA telling his story to a Sunday paper. Think it through. Then think how damaging it is to the AS cause.
does GA have an ASD dx?
Yes, from what he says. Could you imagine the article. I can see exactly how it would go down with NT's. Its the sort of thing that needs stamping out, along with the Neurodiversity arguments if we are to be successful. Our cause has to be strongly related to the black rights cause and nothing else if we are to gain legitimacy. A lot of people think we are faking it. With people like GA, who can blame them.

Being aspie and being transgendered are two separate issues, which in some people happen to coexist. I think readers of this hypothetical interview could understand that.
One is a serious situation, another is a self-indulgence. You make it sound as if such an interview will be written up nicely. I am sure the writer will invent a nice and very damaging connection to help us out.

Unless of course we take the sensible option and deligitimise his nonsense before any idiot like him tries to make a meaningful move.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild

thank god for us that you would be there to give the counter story.

we should all be grateful to you hadron.
People like him in the way make the task a lot harder. It means essentially we are going to have to make our own Farrakhan of sorts when the time comes. Not something I would want to happen unless necessary.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.

People like him in the way make the task a lot harder. It means essentially we are going to have to make our own Farrakhan of sorts when the time comes. Not something I would want to happen unless necessary.
you always need a good cop bad cop.  that way the good cop portrayer is readily listened to.
Misunderstood.

Osensitive1

Being aspie and being transgendered are two separate issues, which in some people happen to coexist. I think readers of this hypothetical interview could understand that.
May end up hating myself in the morning for this but have to say Christopher did make a point, and his interview scenario may speak more of the heart of what is bothering him than anything else written on this subject; something he would feel would make him look bad. Have noted the issue of sexuality, asexuality, and gender identity in others and feel there may be some possible connection and would not be upset with the association. However have been very upset in other situations where some who also have personality disorders portray traits of those disorders as being traits of autism. Found this very upsetting, and while not agreeing on this issue can completely understand his stance.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild

you always need a good cop bad cop.  that way the good cop portrayer is readily listened to.
It needs to be done very carefully. The problem is we have to do something on the way to get bad cop in place. We end up with the very real concern of someone overenthusatic taking things too far. Then we lose control. We could easily end up with an army of Unabombers or worse. The problem is whoever plays bad cop will have people over-executing their decisions and jumping the gun. We know what some of our lot can be like. Keeping them in line will be difficult.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.

does GA have an ASD dx?

One is a serious situation, another is a self-indulgence. You make it sound as if such an interview will be written up nicely. I am sure the writer will invent a nice and very damaging connection to help us out.

Unless of course we take the sensible option and deligitimise his nonsense before any idiot like him tries to make a meaningful move.

*shrug* How would you "delegitimise" him? Why not just tell your own story and let others tell theirs?
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
May end up hating myself in the morning for this but have to say Christopher did make a point, and his interview scenario may speak more of the heart of what is bothering him than anything else written on this subject; something he would feel would make him look bad. Have noted the issue of sexuality, asexuality, and gender identity in others and feel there may be some possible connection and would not be upset with the association. However have been very upset in other situations where some who also have personality disorders portray traits of those disorders as being traits of autism. Found this very upsetting, and while not agreeing on this issue can completely understand his stance.
Thanks for being honest here. I think your point on sexuality is interesting - some subtle AS traits do often get misinterpreted as being gay. Which does make things even more difficult for us, especially as we get no right of reply on other peoples assumptions.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild

does GA have an ASD dx?

*shrug* How would you "delegitimise" him? Why not just tell your own story and let others tell theirs?
Quite easy - claim he is not a true Aspie. The point is, we need everyone to sing the party line. Otherwise we get nowhere. Think in terms of someone in a political party going against the party line and look at how damaging it always is.

We need a simple, coherent message and for everyone to stick to it. Things will get ugly otherwise.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.

does GA have an ASD dx?

Quite easy - claim he is not a true Aspie. The point is, we need everyone to sing the party line. Otherwise we get nowhere. Think in terms of someone in a political party going against the party line and look at how damaging it always is.

We need a simple, coherent message and for everyone to stick to it. Things will get ugly otherwise.

When one aspie calls for another aspie to be thrown under the bus because of the prejudice of others, things have already gotten ugly.  :thumbdn:

People forget.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore

When one aspie calls for another aspie to be thrown under the bus because of the prejudice of others, things have already gotten ugly.  :thumbdn:

:agreed:

Exactly.  If Hadron has the guts to put himself out there as a poster child for AS, then he has that right just the same as anyone else does.

If he doesn't, then I don't think he has the right to complain if other people do just because they don't meet his criteria.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild

does GA have an ASD dx?

So we should delay or stall for the likes of GA? In the meantime, lots of people with AS are throwing themselves under that bus, having had no control of the circumstances that led them there. Our situation is ugly. People like GA make it uglier and for no good reason apart from their own narcisstic self indulgence and stupidity. At least our comrades will have a choice in life as to whether they have one or not.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild

:agreed:

Exactly.  If Hadron has the guts to put himself out there as a poster child for AS, then he has that right just the same as anyone else does.

If he doesn't, then I don't think he has the right to complain if other people do just because they don't meet his criteria.
I have way more for the cause than GA will ever get off his arse to do. I haven't ruled out the option of stepping up myself, though I am hoping there is no need. Asides, there are other more important preparations that need to be set in motion before we get onto poster children. At the minute, the current ones suit our purposes.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.

does GA have an ASD dx?

So we should delay or stall for the likes of GA? In the meantime, lots of people with AS are throwing themselves under that bus, having had no control of the circumstances that led them there. Our situation is ugly. People like GA make it uglier and for no good reason apart from their own narcisstic self indulgence and stupidity. At least our comrades will have a choice in life as to whether they have one or not.

Nobody has said anything about delaying or stalling. If you want the world to see aspies you think they will respect and approve of (like yourself), then tell your own story. Even if you are not in the media, be open in your daily life about who you are. Then, if another aspie goes public with a story that you fear will harm the cause, you will have done your part to present a more balanced view. People who know you will say, "No, they're not all like so-and-so who was in the Sunday paper; I know an aspie, and he's completely different."

People forget.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.

It needs to be done very carefully. The problem is we have to do something on the way to get bad cop in place. We end up with the very real concern of someone overenthusatic taking things too far. Then we lose control. We could easily end up with an army of Unabombers or worse. The problem is whoever plays bad cop will have people over-executing their decisions and jumping the gun. We know what some of our lot can be like. Keeping them in line will be difficult.
i pick you.  you are easy to ignore.  :laugh:
Misunderstood.