Educational

Author Topic: Autistic kids 'being penned' at school  (Read 424 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: Autistic kids 'being penned' at school
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »
I know our primary school got a 6 foot metal bar fence with spikes on top during the holidays. Dunno if it was designed to keep kids in or out (like vandals).

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 11:55:01 PM »
My sons' primary school was quite deficient in facilities when they first attended there, but in the past five years or so, much-needed improvements, rebuilding, etc. have taken place. Too late for my kids to get much good from it, but oh well. And we live close to metro Sydney, too; I shudder to think what they would have had to endure if we lived in the outback.

I remember one year when there were three kids on the spectrum, all in the same class. Their kinder teacher received special training for working with them, and door handles were raised, and other security measures were taken, and all the infants' teachers were on permanent high alert in case one of them wandered off. I myself volunteered as a parent-helper with a Year One girl with an undiagnosed PDD. No diagnosis, no funding for a teacher-aide. Her classroom teacher would have had no hope of keeping tabs on her and teaching the class at the same time unless she'd had help.

Offline Tigergirl

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 05:12:06 PM »
I know our primary school got a 6 foot metal bar fence with spikes on top during the holidays. Dunno if it was designed to keep kids in or out (like vandals).

i think it's both, and a few other schools in the area have them now too.
bit of a piss off about the pig pen, if I was a parent of any of them, hell have no fury man, blood would be flowing.
When we live in country vic, one aide dragged our son down the hallway, and needless to say, (I was unable to get her fired) every time she saw our son in the playground or anywhere else, she was instructed to walk the other way and make sure he'd not seen her.
One day she said hello to him and I was down to that school as fast as you can imagine, a polite greeting sure, but you never know how it would have affected our son seeing her again.
you run a show called "what not to wear"? I run a show called "I will wear you as a hat", I will wear what I like you bulimic sluts.

DukeNukem

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 06:52:56 PM »

bit of a piss off about the pig pen, if I was a parent of any of them, hell have no fury man, blood would be flowing.
When we live in country vic, one aide dragged our son down the hallway, and needless to say, (I was unable to get her fired) every time she saw our son in the playground or anywhere else, she was instructed to walk the other way and make sure he'd not seen her.
One day she said hello to him and I was down to that school as fast as you can imagine, a polite greeting sure, but you never know how it would have affected our son seeing her again.

Hey there, little girl. You got a problem with me? Blow it up your pussy!

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 07:39:59 PM »

I got a paedo teacher of mine fired a long time ago. Fight the bitch...