Educational

Author Topic: Post random interesting trivia  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: Post random interesting trivia
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 06:22:30 AM »
Wouldn't a suction cup and a glass cutter be better?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 06:23:15 AM »
Or really long arms.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 07:27:14 AM »
Or a vacuum cleaner with a powerful hose attachment!  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 07:18:39 PM »
The rock station had a good trivia question this morning:

Apple Inc. just topped $1Trillion in net worth but it's far from the wealthiest corporation in history.

The largest and wealthiest corporation in world history would be worth roughly $8Trillion in today's dollars.

What was the name of this company??

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »
I do know that one, but I won't spoil it for the others.

I heard a similar show, today. I was amazed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 08:29:20 PM »
 :lol1:

Yeah, on other member here might know it to because they learned it in school.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 09:45:23 PM »
I'm guessing the Dutch East Indies company. Or whatever it was called.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 11:39:57 PM »
Rothchild's conglomerate would have to rate or would if it was one company/organisation. But Yeah probably the Dutch East Indies company
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2018, 12:02:57 AM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2018, 04:59:25 AM »
What does that graph relate to? Deaths, a certain location, per a certain number of people?

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2018, 06:23:03 AM »
What does that graph relate to? Deaths, a certain location, per a certain number of people?

I suspect that it's a useless mixture of all those things.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2018, 06:25:37 AM »
I noticed the bee sting statistic. :bee:
When my daughter was three she was stung by a fairly large bee. I do know the difference, but around here everyone calls every stinging, flying insect a bee - just ignorance. It was not a wasp or hornet, it was a large bee that stung her and it was a bit traumatic to her for a while.

We live within a couple of miles of a large hospital and quite often one of those heavy, noisy "lifeline" helicopters flies over. My daughter would freak the fuck out and run inside at the first sight of one of them. She was terrified and in my efforts to calm her I discovered the root of her fear of helicopters.

She was very scared that the helicopter would swoop down and sting her. It took a while to get her past this.  :asthing:

She has been stung several times in the past fifteen years and no longer seems to have a fear of aircraft.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2018, 06:55:54 AM »
We have bulldog ants around here. Big bitey critters that sometimes kill people.

At least 100 people die in the US from bee sting every year. In Africa I imagine that number would be much higher. The graph I shared looks like it was made up on the spot.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2018, 07:26:16 AM »
We have bulldog ants around here. Big bitey critters that sometimes kill people.

At least 100 people die in the US from bee sting every year. In Africa I imagine that number would be much higher. The graph I shared looks like it was made up on the spot.

I think you should play with them
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »
I forgot to mention this last night, but yesterday, after I picked up my daughte (AND she had to pop back home to change, of course) we went to watch the start of a hot air balloon race. Thirty four hot air balloons took off in rapid succession.

It actually took almost an hour because there was very little wind until they got to a certain elevation and could get out of the way of the next one's take off.

Not all the balloons were in the race. Several toward the end of the take offs were only there for whatever reason someone goes up in a hot air balloon.
Anyway, it was quite a visual and heart enriching spectacle.

A few years ago I attended this event and they got them all off in about twenty minutes. It was very windy that day and the balloons just zipped away as soon as they were off the ground, clearing the way for the next racer.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:59:23 AM by DirtDawg »