Author Topic: Post random interesting trivia  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Post random interesting trivia
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2018, 08:33:44 AM »
What does that graph relate to? Deaths, a certain location, per a certain number of people?

I suspect that it's a useless mixture of all those things.
The source didn't say? Sort of takes away from the interesting part. :laugh: Must be from a very shark attacky place and/or somewhere with very little lightning. This graph shows one is 4 times more likely to be killed(?) by lightning than a shark attack. Google says, in the US one is 47 times more likely to be killed by lightning than a shark.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »
What does that graph relate to? Deaths, a certain location, per a certain number of people?

The source didn't say? Sort of takes away from the interesting part. :laugh: Must be from a very shark attacky place and/or somewhere with very little lightning. This graph shows one is 4 times more likely to be killed(?) by lightning than a shark attack. Google says, in the US one is 47 times more likely to be killed by lightning than a shark.
Google also says in the US one is also more likely to be killed by lightning than a dog, although the odds aren't remarkably dissimilar.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2018, 06:22:05 PM »
We have bulldog ants around here. Big bitey critters that sometimes kill people.

At least 100 people die in the US from bee sting every year. In Africa I imagine that number would be much higher. The graph I shared looks like it was made up on the spot.

I think you should play with them

No thanks. Last time I got stung by a bulldog ant it hurt like a bastard.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2018, 06:27:22 PM »

I was googling vending machine deaths and that graph popped up on google images. It's obviously completely out of whack with the real stats on most of the items listed - most likely a mixture of local stats vs worldwide stats.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 08:29:35 PM »
We have bulldog ants around here. Big bitey critters that sometimes kill people.

At least 100 people die in the US from bee sting every year. In Africa I imagine that number would be much higher. The graph I shared looks like it was made up on the spot.

Yes, hence why you should play with them. Smear yourself with honey and roll on their nest. It'd be comedy gold.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2018, 08:40:22 PM »
When I was a child I sat on the swing seat.  Unfortunately there was a wasp/bee there before me.  Yep, I got stung in the ass by a bee.   :hahaha:

I had my revenge though, the critter was squashed in the act ass.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2018, 09:21:04 PM »

Yes, hence why you should play with them. Smear yourself with honey and roll on their nest. It'd be comedy gold.

Bring the honey and the camera. We'll make a day of it.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »
I've been stung by bees three times. Once on the upper arm in a neighbour's swimming pool, once stepped on one in the front yard (that one hurt the most) and another time on the hand on a camp out in the bush. I was pouring water into a cup from a container when I got stung.

When I was 6 I was at school sitting outside on the ground outside with the rest of my class when I got bitten 3 times on the knee by bull ants. I cried a fair bit but no one did anything.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2018, 07:53:07 AM »
When I was a child I sat on the swing seat.  Unfortunately there was a wasp/bee there before me.  Yep, I got stung in the ass by a bee.   :hahaha:

At least you did not develop a long lasting terror of flying aircraft swooping down to sting you. :asthing:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2018, 08:04:53 AM »
I've been stung by bees three times. Once on the upper arm in a neighbour's swimming pool, once stepped on one in the front yard (that one hurt the most) and another time on the hand on a camp out in the bush. I was pouring water into a cup from a container when I got stung.

When I was 6 I was at school sitting outside on the ground outside with the rest of my class when I got bitten 3 times on the knee by bull ants. I cried a fair bit but no one did anything.

I usually get stung about three or four times every summer working in my garden. Usually it is a wasp getting caught in my collar while I am trimming things.
They sting over and over. Last time I had six little holes in my neck when I went in to show my wife and ask for some sympathy treatment. She would have needed a trip to the emergency room if she got stung.

Ants usually bite down first and hold on with their powerful legs locking them around however they can and THEN begin stinging. Some of them hurt and some the larger ones can actually tear human flesh with their jaws as they cling to you, but there are no toxins in their bite.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2018, 10:08:16 AM »

At least you did not develop a long lasting terror of flying aircraft swooping down to sting you. :asthing:

That's why I spend most of my time sitting down once I determine the seat is bee free.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2018, 11:14:55 AM »
 :asthing:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2018, 10:13:29 PM »

The plural of hippopotamus is a long, clunky, difficult to type word, so I will spare you from attempting to do so.
 :tard:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2018, 01:29:01 AM »
For you folks who are on a silver search, You might get lucky once in a while grabbing a couple of half dollar rolls. Pretty sure the quarter rolls have already been gleaned.

I did that for awhile, but the results were not very good.  BUT, if you go to a bank and ask for thirty or forty rolls of half dollars (say four hundred dollars in half dollars), they probably will not have that many on hand. They will have to go to their main branch vault and pull out really old rolls of half dollars.

Last time I did this I found forty three 40% halves (worth about three bucks each) and ten 90% (worth about seven bucks each).
So a lazy afternoon digging through a few stinky half dollar rolls paid off.
I invested four hundred bucks and made two hundred ten bucks in one week end, drinking a beer or two. You have to pay back the bank for halves you pull out to take to silver broker when you turn them back over, so that is where the discrepancy occurs.

Just remember, Don't get two or three rolls.
Make them go back into their vault and bring you a bunch of rolls. Might have to call ahead or come back next day, but it is worth the effort if you are a silver scrounger.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2018, 04:07:45 PM »
What do the following 4 band names have in common??

Jethro Tull
Molly Hatchet
Lynyrd Skynyrd and
The Marshall Tucker Band