Author Topic: What are You doing right now?  (Read 138574 times)

ozymandias

Re: What are You doing right now?
« Reply #2250 on: February 23, 2007, 09:25:18 AM »
Waiting for the furnace repair man to to come!

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2251 on: February 23, 2007, 09:34:41 AM »
Just set another torrent going.  Off to the pub fairly soon, too.

ozymandias

« Reply #2252 on: February 23, 2007, 10:41:53 AM »
Still waiting, but puttering around the house doing laundry and sipping herbal tea!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2253 on: February 23, 2007, 10:57:53 AM »

Changing into some dry clothes. I just had to sit in the snow and pretend I'm ready to cry in order to make a point to my daughter about caring for herself and meeting her own needs. It's a long story, but she hates to grow up, we've been playing this game to see who can get out of the car and inside where it's warm first, today I didn't realize how needy she was feeling, I beat her to the door (yesterday she beat me), she decides crying in the snow is the way to deal with defeat. I told her I was going to try that and see if the door would REALLY open for me, if I sat and cried in the snow, etc, etc.. I'm working with a six year old who can read at a ten year old level (she's not as adept as her brother) and read other people's intentions and needs like very few wise adults I've ever seen, and at times shows me the stubbornness and determination of a long snake growing a backbone, and yet, today, she can only cry to get things done. Her emotional stability is that of a much younger child.

I am slamming my hands over the ears of my pain pain.

MOD:
Sorry, but I have no idea how or why your quote was in this little forehead slap of mine, before. I fixed it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 02:28:26 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2254 on: February 23, 2007, 12:21:08 PM »
Thinking about the beer in the fridge.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #2255 on: February 23, 2007, 01:19:37 PM »
Listening to the furnace run 8) and checking the forums!

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2256 on: February 23, 2007, 01:35:21 PM »
Looking at My first pay check in years.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2257 on: February 23, 2007, 06:12:21 PM »

...we've been playing this game to see who can get out of the car and inside where it's warm first, today I didn't realize how needy she was feeling, I beat her to the door (yesterday she beat me)...

In that sort of race, which isn't really a real race but rather a sort of game to get the child motivated to do something, it works better for me if I always let the child win, even if I have to move extremely slowly at the end for it to happen.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2258 on: February 23, 2007, 08:50:55 PM »

...we've been playing this game to see who can get out of the car and inside where it's warm first, today I didn't realize how needy she was feeling, I beat her to the door (yesterday she beat me)...

In that sort of race, which isn't really a real race but rather a sort of game to get the child motivated to do something, it works better for me if I always let the child win, even if I have to move extremely slowly at the end for it to happen.

I usually do the same thing with just a few days of making sure she works for it. Again, today, I was not as empathic as I should have been and I did not realize that today was not a good day to teach her a tough lesson about coming in second in a field of two.  :'(

At times, I'm the single one who can most accurately judge her and identify with her, but I have up days and down days, too.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2259 on: February 23, 2007, 08:51:57 PM »

Hey, congrats, Kevv! That's awesome.

Litigious

« Reply #2260 on: February 24, 2007, 02:41:27 AM »

Hey, congrats, Kevv! That's awesome.

Yep. + for Kevv!  :)

I'm post whoring and drinking coffee.  8)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2261 on: February 24, 2007, 05:24:32 AM »

Heading out for my walk.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2262 on: February 24, 2007, 07:43:35 AM »
I was going to go to sleep, but unfortunately I started watching Frasier.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2263 on: February 24, 2007, 08:27:08 AM »
Watching a German film, The Lives of Others, which is about the Stasi, the communist secret police in the former East Germany.  I did download another (Korean) film thinking it was the original but it actually turned out to be the third (and most recent) in the series!  What a cretin I am!

Anyway, back to watching that film.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2264 on: February 24, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »
Waking up.
Guardian of the Empire