Author Topic: Experimental typist  (Read 2661 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: Experimental typist
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 06:22:51 AM »
Eclair said: she should have let me learn the drums. Instead I had to join the choir.

I was in the choir @ church. I would have been MUCH better off masturbating and reading comic books.  :lol:

I must say, though, that @ my wife's suggestion I did join a local choir that was led by an old family friend of hers and it was v. enjoyable. We performed Faure's Requiem (arr. John Rutter) and Rutter's The Sprig of Thyme. And no, Odeon, I haven't forgotten that I still owe you a copy of the recording of the Requiem.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:25:22 AM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 06:27:32 AM »
I.,m ashamed to say it but I am a fairly good touch typist.

WTF are you ashamed of that for? Why would be you be ashamed of having mastered a skill that required practice and discipline to acquire?

BTW, I was looking @ my keyboard all the time I was typing this. Old habits die hard.

That's very sweet. I think it pisses me off that I can type reasonably well and fast. I blame my Mother. She made me do typing as a subject for 2 years, when what I really wanted to do was Technical Drawing, so I could become an architect. When I see people struggle to type I do feel thankful and I ended up working in construction anyway. But yeah, I think she still should have let me do Technical Drawing, regardless.

Like she should have let me learn the drums. Instead I had to join the choir.

Aww, here ya go... :oneliner:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »
Eclair said: she should have let me learn the drums. Instead I had to join the choir.

I was in the choir in church. I would have been better off masturbating and reading comic books.  :lol:

:plus: For the laugh. I was only 7 at the time, so whilst I liked Archie comic books, no the other activity kind of wasn't an option!

I'm happy with the way things turned out, but it's always interesting to wonder if I'd been allowed to do the 3 big things I really tantrumed about, if my career etc would have turned out differently. The other thing I lost my shit aobut was golf, I really wanted to play golf when I was about 11, but no, not ladylike enough. Much the same as the drums, and the technical drawing.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 07:42:23 AM »

I was in the choir in church. I would have been better off masturbating and reading comic books.  :lol:

:plus: For the laugh. I was only 7 at the time, so whilst I liked Archie comic books, no the other activity kind of wasn't an option!

I'm happy with the way things turned out, but it's always interesting to wonder if I'd been allowed to do the 3 big things I really tantrumed about, if my career etc would have turned out differently. The other thing I lost my shit aobut was golf, I really wanted to play golf when I was about 11, but no, not ladylike enough. Much the same as the drums, and the technical drawing.

So fuck it. Go learn drums, golf and tech drawing. Micky Dolenz (The Monkees) didn't know how to play drums when he got the gig, but he took six months and at least learned well enough to fake it (and then actually play on their post-TV show albums).
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
And if anyone tries to stop you, tell them to FUCKING DIE!  >:D

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
touch tyoing thereäs nothing to it lool i am drunk though but i usually toucg type i just use the delete button unlike now look i forgot to use a dot threre jeeze this is looking really silly i though i'd do better than this.
"the dreams we dream together become reality" - John Lemon

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »
touch tyoing thereäs nothing to it lool i am drunk though but i usually toucg type i just use the delete button unlike now look i forgot to use a dot threre jeeze this is looking really silly i though i'd do better than this.

Aww, it will get easier after you sober up. :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 11:31:07 AM »
yeah sure, it's not eay when you are human and faillible lol

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 11:42:06 AM »

you did about as good drunk as i did sober. that's pretty damn good.  :plus:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »

I was in the choir @ church. I would have been MUCH better off masturbating and reading comic books.  :lol:

I must say, though, that @ my wife's suggestion I did join a local choir that was led by an old family friend of hers and it was v. enjoyable. We performed Faure's Requiem (arr. John Rutter) and Rutter's The Holly and the Ivy. And no, Odeon, I haven't forgotten that I still owe you a copy of the recording of the Requiem.

:)

I look forward to it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lemon Aguilera

• lemonese pudding
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 02:25:43 PM »

you did about as good drunk as i did sober. that's pretty damn good.  :plus:

lol takes a big guy to admit to that :P

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 04:27:06 AM »
no. just an honest one.