Author Topic: Alex Plank is getting sued...  (Read 8976 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Alex Plank is getting sued...
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
It's funny but it's a non-issue.

And if Alex wants to speak for the spazzes, let him. It won't matter, it won't actually change anything. :wanker:
But wouldn't his talks be predicated on the basis that he's just as normal as the next person?

Who cares? It's not like the spazzes were ever united in anything.
Ah, now I was talking to an aspie friend who said that there have been fights in every aspie forum she's ever gone to.

So, do you think anybody in the UN takes A Plankton seriously?
Nope - but I do think he should be replaced by someone who would be taken seriously. Preferably someone who knows how to argue for our cause.

We have a cause?
Erm yeah - where have you been all these years?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2009, 10:50:43 AM »
Some of us have.

A cause that most of us would accept?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »
And if Alex wants to speak for the spazzes, let him. It won't matter, it won't actually change anything. :wanker:

Are you serious?  :o

I don't see why that kind of publicity wouldn't change things.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »

But wouldn't his talks be predicated on the basis that he's just as normal as the next person?

Ah, now I was talking to an aspie friend who said that there have been fights in every aspie forum she's ever gone to.

Nope - but I do think he should be replaced by someone who would be taken seriously. Preferably someone who knows how to argue for our cause.

We have a cause?

So what's the cause?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »
Some of us have.

A cause that most of us would accept?

Hadron and I would, at least.  :P

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:38 AM »

Are you serious?  :o

I don't see why that kind of publicity wouldn't change things.

Yes, I'm serious. I'm a cynic--I don't imagine for one second that anyone would care.

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »

We have a cause?

So what's the cause?
To fight against the cultural genocide which continues to be inflicted on our people.

TheoK

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »

We have a cause?

So what's the cause?
To fight against the cultural genocide which continues to be inflicted on our people.

:agreed:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »
Yes, I'm serious. I'm a cynic--I don't imagine for one second that anyone would care.

Nevermind then.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2009, 10:57:41 AM »

We have a cause?

So what's the cause?

Cultural genocide? Care to elaborate?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
So what's the cause?

But if there is really a cultural genocide (though I wouldn't misuse a word as strong as genocide. Deliberate murder and murder by neglect, yes, but the numbers don't come near genocide levels) then I'm as baffled as Lit why people aren't motivated to fight it.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »

We have a cause?

So what's the cause?

I don't really have time to write an essay, but I am happy to sketch it out. Essentially what we have here is a group of people (ourselves) are forced to behave in a certain manner that we would otherwise would not by NT society and their bullying / browbeating. I really don't need to go further, I am sure Lit will be more direct here.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »
So what's the cause?

But if there is really a cultural genocide (though I wouldn't misuse a word as strong as genocide. Deliberate murder and murder by neglect, yes, but the numbers don't come near genocide levels) then I'm as baffled as Lit why people aren't motivated to fight it.
Most of them either just accept it or have no idea where to begin in fighting it. We do have a lot angry people on our side, the problem is they are not sure how to direct it and what to direct it at.

TheoK

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »

We have a cause?

So what's the cause?

I don't really have time to write an essay, but I am happy to sketch it out. Essentially what we have here is a group of people (ourselves) are forced to behave in a certain manner that we would otherwise would not by NT society and their bullying / browbeating. I really don't need to go further, I am sure Lit will be more direct here.

They try to force us into their stupid NT pattern of thinking and behaving, that's obvious to everyone. And it's unacceptable. They're not superior, they're just a bunch of stupid herd cattle that happens to be in majority.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:12:03 AM by TheoK »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »

Why don't you focus on the places where people are actually being killed?

The general public is not going to take seriously a trumped up bullying accusation by a resentful young man calling it a genocide.