Educational

Author Topic: My Family's beliefs re. Homos and Jerking Off  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: My Family's beliefs re. Homos and Jerking Off
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »
Masturbation is acting on sexual temptation and shows a lack of self control.   

Some people pray or meditate to relieve their sexual impulses, others have a wank; both are perfectly valid techniques for controlling yourself.
That is what I have done when needed.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 05:43:11 PM »
It is my experience that only the very insecure or very young will so categorically dismiss the Bible. Me, I don't believe most of what it says, but then that's my view and I don't actually *know*.

(And the same goes with just about any so-called holy book.)
Third category:  the very very disillusioned.  Recovering catholics such as myself tend to have pretty contentious feelings about their once-religion.  I'll admit I'm biased but I also grew up with this shit and know a fair bit about it because of it, so I do think that lends some validity to me comments on it above and beyond mere nose-thumbing.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

ozymandias

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 06:07:31 PM »
It is my experience that only the very insecure or very young will so categorically dismiss the Bible. Me, I don't believe most of what it says, but then that's my view and I don't actually *know*.

Third category:  the very very disillusioned.  Recovering catholics such as myself tend to have pretty contentious feelings about their once-religion.  I'll admit I'm biased but I also grew up with this shit and know a fair bit about it because of it, so I do think that lends some validity to me comments on it above and beyond mere nose-thumbing.

Ah, I am glad to see I'm not the only recovering catholic here!   8)  Even my wife, who is a devout catholic gave her blessing to using condoms during our dating phase and me getting a vasectomy after Amber was born.  She may be devout, but she is also wise!  Glad I married her!   8)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 01:28:59 PM »

The third category,  LI like it never been part a of a third category before.  Though growing up Catholic tends to do that to you
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Binty

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »
I want to read the Torah and the Qur'an.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 03:11:24 PM »
I've read the Qur'an. It's easily available on the net.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein