Educational

Author Topic: My Family's beliefs re. Homos and Jerking Off  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: My Family's beliefs re. Homos and Jerking Off
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
I don't think that it is possible for a normal human to live like Jesus did.

The belief about jerking off and homosexuality goes back to the Old Testament and Jewish law in a way.   Just another interpretation of ancient laws.   The Bible makes all sex outside of the confines of marriage between a man and a woman wrong with its laws.   Masturbation is acting on sexual temptation and shows a lack of self control.   
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »
Masturbation is acting on sexual temptation and shows a lack of self control.   

Some people pray or meditate to relieve their sexual impulses, others have a wank; both are perfectly valid techniques for controlling yourself.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 12:39:53 PM »
Masturbation is acting on sexual temptation and shows a lack of self control.   

Some people pray or meditate to relieve their sexual impulses, others have a wank; both are perfectly valid techniques for controlling yourself.
Not to most Christians, it is acting on an impulse.  They want to supress that stuff even more.  I personally have a wank when I feel like it, but I am no Christian.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 07:20:31 PM »
That's why Billy Graham is like he is. All that backed up spoof. Don't take advice from the fuckless.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »

The belief about jerking off and homosexuality goes back to the Old Testament and Jewish law in a way.   Just another interpretation of ancient laws.   The Bible makes all sex outside of the confines of marriage between a man and a woman wrong with its laws.   Masturbation is acting on sexual temptation and shows a lack of self control.   
Doesn't it also have to do with 'spilling seed' being an issue (one of those broad-strokes issues with sex being "for reproduction" and thus all sexual feelings not directly to do with reproduction being quetsionable)?  If I remember right the association of impure thoughts to masturbation being wrong is in some extreme judeo-christian value sets sort of an afterthought in regards to women; similarly in regards to lesbian sex being wrong.

Either way I think that people like me would throw them completely-fucking-off- even if I never wanked and only ever shagged my 'good christian husband'* bareback and in the missionary position, technically, I could never have sex "for reproduction."  Further, I think at least as far as the Catholic church is concerned, having a surrogate mother (my eggs, my 'husband's sperm, a peatry dish, and someone else's uterus) is also not OK (unnatural, I guess)?  I do rather have to wonder how much of a person I actually am in the eyes of "my own"** religion.  I'd almost like to pick on some uber-uptight preist or preacher and see how they react to having a hypothetical loophole in their anti-sex-for-pleasure logic questioned by that very loophole.  If I could cry at will, I bet I could ruin their day.   :laugh:

*Imaginary husband inserted (pardon the pun) for the sake of argument
**They threw water on me when I was a baby and therefore am technically catholic forever in the eyes of the catholic church, barring for excommunication
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 01:49:07 PM »
Wouldn't they just say "If God meant for you to have babies, He wouldn't have given you an illness that prevents it?"
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »

Doesn't it also have to do with 'spilling seed' being an issue (one of those broad-strokes issues with sex being "for reproduction" and thus all sexual feelings not directly to do with reproduction being quetsionable)?  If I remember right the association of impure thoughts to masturbation being wrong is in some extreme judeo-christian value sets sort of an afterthought in regards to women; similarly in regards to lesbian sex being wrong.

Either way I think that people like me would throw them completely-fucking-off- even if I never wanked and only ever shagged my 'good christian husband'* bareback and in the missionary position, technically, I could never have sex "for reproduction."  Further, I think at least as far as the Catholic church is concerned, having a surrogate mother (my eggs, my 'husband's sperm, a peatry dish, and someone else's uterus) is also not OK (unnatural, I guess)?  I do rather have to wonder how much of a person I actually am in the eyes of "my own"** religion.  I'd almost like to pick on some uber-uptight preist or preacher and see how they react to having a hypothetical loophole in their anti-sex-for-pleasure logic questioned by that very loophole.  If I could cry at will, I bet I could ruin their day.   :laugh:

*Imaginary husband inserted (pardon the pun) for the sake of argument
**They threw water on me when I was a baby and therefore am technically catholic forever in the eyes of the catholic church, barring for excommunication

Had to pluss you. I've had this exact same discussion.
One of my old girllfriends was born "normal" but she was sterile due severe scarring from her childhood trauma of repeated molestation by a stepfather. It is only by her enormous personal strehgth that she even alllowed any man withing killing distance of her stuff. She was one of the strongest, most positive and most pleasant people I have ever known.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »
Yeah it has to do with the spilling seed thing.   Do not dash thine seed against the rock or some bullshit.   It is about men's seed should only be used for reproduction.   The Bible says nothing of women's seed.   That is why some people who read the Kaballah are also lesbians, see Madonna for example.   That loophole allows for lesbian sex, but not male gay sex.   The women can't waste their eggs, because they are supposed to have periods anyways.   There are plenty of instances of women who can't bear children in the Bible as well.   The book wasn't written with women in mind and speaks to a male reader, that much is obvious.

There are barren women in the Bible, Abraham's wife was supposedly barren until she had Isaac (which made is a miracle).   Really the Bible can't justify much imo and there are plenty of contradictions and loopholes.   

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »
Abraham's wife was supposedly barren until she had Isaac (which made is a miracle). 
I think there was a similar deal with John the Baptist's conception.  OK, so, Mary's the only woman in history who could say "This is a virgin birth" and get away with it, but how many women in the Bible cheated on hubbies who were shooting blanks and called it a miracle?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 03:55:50 PM »
Wouldn't they just say "If God meant for you to have babies, He wouldn't have given you an illness that prevents it?"
Oh, possibly.  But would they say I wasn't meant to have sex, either, is what I'm getting at.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 04:19:52 PM »
Abraham's wife was supposedly barren until she had Isaac (which made is a miracle).
I think there was a similar deal with John the Baptist's conception.  OK, so, Mary's the only woman in history who could say "This is a virgin birth" and get away with it, but how many women in the Bible cheated on hubbies who were shooting blanks and called it a miracle?
Who knows?  It is just a work of fiction to begin with.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 12:22:14 AM »
Who knows?  It is just a work of fiction to begin with.

Yep, bullshit of the highest callibre.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 10:30:24 AM »
It is my experience that only the very insecure or very young will so categorically dismiss the Bible. Me, I don't believe most of what it says, but then that's my view and I don't actually *know*.

(And the same goes with just about any so-called holy book.)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 11:26:30 AM »
It is my experience that only the very insecure or very young will so categorically dismiss the Bible. Me, I don't believe most of what it says, but then that's my view and I don't actually *know*.

(And the same goes with just about any so-called holy book.)

I went through a period of investigation of everything I could find on all the religions I had ever heard of, but it was mostly alll foreign to my "logical mind."

I think of the Bible, much the same as Aesop's Fables, Socrates, Plato, Benjamin Franklin and a hiunndred other wise men's work.  There are life's truths at your hand if you can apply the lessons to your own life. If not, then keep studying. You will find your own way, unless you follow too closely to a liar.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »
...I am not affirming that all Christians are evil, some are, but not all of them..

:laugh:
I am never evil. :evillaugh:
Guardian of the Empire